Back to Sherwood

CBC (ended 1998)

Back to Sherwood Fan Reviews (2)

6.4
  • A teenage girl set in present day, is given an amulet by her grandfather, that transports her back to the past, there she must save her ancestors from peril, one of those ancestors being Robin Hood, HIMself.

I liked this show, it was different, and there was time travel. I don't think this show got very good promotion, I think people couldn't wrap their head around the concept that this girl was not robin hood, but that she was Robyn an ancestor, who tries to save her ancestors, I think people just focused on that Robin hood couldn't be a girl. I think the show was suited for it's network, and if there were more episodes, then people could have got behind it more, It's like the show So-weird. People got behind the show, like in the 2nd season, although it did get canceled, which it shouldn't but on Disney, there was a 65 episode limit, which has recently been broken by that's so raven, a show that probably no grown-up thought would succeed, much less get past 65 episodes.
  • To be honest, I would have preferred to spend my time elsewhere than finish watching this. However, I kept thinking that there is great potential behind this and I was half right.

To be honest, I would have preferred to spend my time elsewhere than finish watching this. However, I kept thinking that there is great potential behind this and I was half right. There was potential to say the least but this potential was poorly exploited leaving a show that is half decent. Nonetheless, you really have to see Back to Sherwood to get what I'm talking about.