Back to You

Cradle to Grave

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Feb 26, 2008 on FOX

7.2
    I thought that Ty Burrell's character on Out of Practice was very similar to Elliot DiMauro on Just Shoot Me, but you saw that same energy channeled here. The arrogance about the relationship with Ed, only to find out he had no real connection outside of a misguided romance, was so Elliot.

The episode was crazy, but it worked. We saw the slow evolution of Chuck Darling as a Dad, some double entendres about sex, and a cell phone ending up in a coffin. All of this and more in a pretty good episode of the FOX series Back to You.
  • A TV college's funeral.

The funniest episode of any sitcom that I've seen in a long while. Patricia Heaton is a classic female lead and a great talent. The show's comedic entourage is equal to Cheers, Raymond, Seinfeld and Frazier. Given the right time slot, there is no doubt that this show will be in the top 10 for quite awhile. My fear is that it will be buried behind one of the many stupid reality shows that glut our TV airways. It is wonderful to see what good talent can do with great writing. My congratulations to Fox for another great show and a Thank You for helping to preserve the Sitcom.
  • Back to You is......... Back.

Because of a WURG funeral Kelly is asked to give the eulogy to a former colleague, since she's having trouble finding a babysitter Chuck volunteers, against Kelly's better judgment she folds and agrees leaving Gracie with Chuck.

At the funeral and unknown to Kelly, it's discovered her former dead colleague was gay however to keep is secret he was telling everyone he was having an affair with Kelly, naturally Ryan, Gary, Montana and Marsh know this but after a hilarious eulogy leaving Kelly red faced Marsh tells her the truth.

Back at Chucks hotal all is not going well, after excusing all the entertainment Chuck is running out of ideas, so the only place he can take Gracie is to the hotel bar, where they eventually get on well.

Nice seeing Back To You return with another hilarious episode.