Back to You

Fish Story

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Sep 26, 2007 on FOX

• A bit better than the pilot with more funny moments, but the show still has a way to go.

6.1
    This episode of "Back to You" improves a bit on the pilot, but unfortunately not as much as one would hope. However, the fact that it got better and not worse is a good sign and I think I'm going to be sticking with the show for several more weeks at least, before making a decision.

"Fish Story" picks up the day after the closing events of the pilot. Karen doesn't want Chuck to be a part of Gracie's life, at least not yet, because she thinks Chuck would be a horrible caretaker and eventually get tired of his daughter and move on. So, in typical sitcom fashion, when Chuck is given a fish as a gift and accidentally kills it he doesn't want Karen to find out so enlists Ryan to help him out. By the end of the episode, the trash can is full of dead fish and Chuck and Karen haven't really made any progress.

There were quite a few funny moments in this episode, but mostly I was just amused and didn't actually laugh. The scene in which the reporter gets zapped was quite humorous though and probably the highlight of the episode. Either that, or the ringtone.

Despite still being a fairly mediocre show there's something about "Back to You" that attracts me and I'm looking forward to the next episode.