Back to You Forums

FOX (ended 2008)

Episode Discussion - "Hostage Watch"

tellyaddict

[1]Aug 1, 2008
    • level: 8

This episode needs a page on TV.com BTW.

Anybody seen this episode yet? I thought it was really good, the unaired episodes have been someof the best of the whole series. I'm happy they put the final curtain call at the end of the episode as well.

Edited on 08/02/2008 8:18am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

downbeat423

[2]Aug 1, 2008
    • level: 6
    It'll be sad to see the curtain call when the dvd release but I am very happy they've included it! I can tell this set is going to be good!

BTW, is there anyway to see these unaired episodes online?

teamfarce

[4]Aug 3, 2008
    • level: 2

It's worth noting for that curtain call that Lily Jackson (Gracie #2) is part of it, though she wasn't actually in that episode. Apparently Caryn (2nd AD) called Lily's mom during crew lunch and invited her over for the curtain call and wrap party. (The wrap party was rather impromptu since nobody thought this was our last day of work until that morning.)

I don't know when Jimmy decided to film the curtain call, but we knew nothing about it until it was happening. We were all set to shoot the scripted final scene (or Tag as it's officially known).

I'm looking forward to actually seeing the completed episode, even if it will bring back bittersweet memories.....

=====

--Ace, formerly of WURG

tellyaddict

[5]Aug 6, 2008
    teamfarce wrote:

It's worth noting for that curtain call that Lily Jackson (Gracie #2) is part of it, though she wasn't actually in that episode. Apparently Caryn (2nd AD) called Lily's mom during crew lunch and invited her over for the curtain call and wrap party. (The wrap party was rather impromptu since nobody thought this was our last day of work until that morning.)

I don't know when Jimmy decided to film the curtain call, but we knew nothing about it until it was happening. We were all set to shoot the scripted final scene (or Tag as it's officially known).

I'm looking forward to actually seeing the completed episode, even if it will bring back bittersweet memories.....

=====

--Ace, formerly of WURG

It's cool that they invited Lily Jackson, but I didn't see her on the aired version of the curtain call. It's on youtube btw, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6AkL7G_oik

Edited on 08/06/2008 4:49am

RavenFreak120

[6]Aug 6, 2008
    • level: 21
    Where can I watch this episode? Or what do I need to watch this eppie on ten.com.au?

tellyaddict

[7]Aug 9, 2008
    Wait for the DVD or torrents.

tones007

[8]Aug 23, 2008
    Yeah, I was at the final taping and saw Lily Jackson hanging around that day, but she wasn't in the episode and they didn't show her part on the curtain call on the filmed version I saw. Maybe a longer, extended version of the curtain call will be on the DVD. It did go on for quite awhile as I recall...

tones007

[10]Aug 23, 2008
    Well thanks for your hard work bringing that show to us, even for the short lived one season--whatever your job may have been. As an audience member of the final taping, I couldn't believe it when they told us as they loaded us in that it had been canceled, but then after the taping ended I was even more confused. It was really a great time watching that show live. More so than others I have seen live. Very fast paced, funny and ENTERTAINING! Good luck in your future endeavors.

tones007

[11]Aug 23, 2008
    RavenFreak120 wrote:
    Where can I watch this episode? Or what do I need to watch this eppie on ten.com.au?

Wait, so then, did these episodes actually air in AU and not here in the states? Weird!

teamfarce

[12]Aug 24, 2008

Tones, if you were talking to me (of course you were, I'm the only poster here who worked on the show), my "hard work" on the show consisted of acting like I work at a tv news station. You probably saw me walking around the bullpen or sitting at the weather station, not that I expect anyone to notice.

I have some group photos of the newsroom staff taken that night just after the curtain call, but they're probably too big to post here (the smallest is around 800K).

--Ace, formerly of WURG, currently unemployed

tones007

[13]Aug 27, 2008
    teamfarce wrote:

Tones, if you were talking to me (of course you were, I'm the only poster here who worked on the show), my "hard work" on the show consisted of acting like I work at a tv news station. You probably saw me walking around the bullpen or sitting at the weather station, not that I expect anyone to notice.

I have some group photos of the newsroom staff taken that night just after the curtain call, but they're probably too big to post here (the smallest is around 800K).

--Ace, formerly of WURG, currently unemployed

Yes, I was indeed addressing you. Sorry, I am (still) not quite sure what the difference is between reply and quote, but definitely not between those two and quick reply and quick quote. Haha. Anyway, it takes everyone to bring any kind of show together realistically, in my opinion, so I appreciate all involved. There are actually many people I remember from that newsroom who never had one line, I just saw them so often in the background I couldn't help but notice them. It made the work environment seem very natural and normal, especially because they never overstepped their "role". A couple of them I even saw taking pictures outside the sound stage before we were loaded into our seats...

teamfarce

[14]Sep 4, 2008

Well, I returned to the 20th Century Fox Studio lot today, for the first time since shooting "Hostage Watch" last May (working on Bones on the backlot). The WURG set is now missing from Stage 20, and new sets are being built, apparently for Dollhouse. Even the audience bleachers have been removed. So I guess the show's officially dead.

Edie70

[15]Sep 12, 2008
    • level: 19
    That is so sad

kravitzfan12

[16]Nov 11, 2008
    • level: 34
    Just watched this episode off of the DVD and thought it was really funny. I think Fred Willard created one of the funniest characters in a while with this show. The whole thing with Korean bakery was histerical.

I think this was a really good script to end with. It had the great love element to it between Chuck and Kelly. What a riot!

Enshidia123

[17]Jan 10, 2009
    • level: 7

I'm Australian and this ended up being the only episode I had never seen. It seems that they did indeed air every episode in Australia, except I missed the last one.
    I also recall there being a promo for an episode I never seem to have recalled seeing and not even on the DVD, It involved Kelly giving some sort of interview saying something along the line of.
    "If I can make something boring SEEM like news, then that's a sign of a good anchor"

My memory is a little fuzzy though. This episode wasn't as funny as it was dramatic, although overall it was hilarious.