FOX (ended 2008)

Season One DVD Release

downbeat423

[1]Jul 16, 2008
    • level: 6

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Back-To-You-Season-1/10076

October 14!

Edited on 07/26/2008 9:23am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

alexz_fan89

[2]Jul 16, 2008
    • level: 8
    i saw it two. i hope he gets it back. it's so funny.

downbeat423

[3]Jul 16, 2008
    Pavan (admin of sitcomsonline.com) has informed me he talked to the man who made this post on tvshowsondvd.com and the info on a chance of renewal are false. The show is officially done. On the bright side, the dvd release will include 3 unaired episodes and soon to be announced special features

NbRoCkEr1985

[4]Jul 16, 2008
    • level: 7
    downbeat423 wrote:
    Pavan (admin of sitcomsonline.com) has informed me he talked to the man who made this post on tvshowsondvd.com and the info on a chance of renewal are false. The show is officially done.

The article seemed kinda misinformed to me. It said Grammer was talking to Fox about possible renewal and the update said it's officially done because Fox won't renew it. But what about talking to CBS? Did they officially say no to that yet?

kravitzfan12

[5]Jul 17, 2008
    • level: 34

The show is officially done with FOX, yes. As for CBS, there has been no official announcement, but it doesn't look good, seeing that Grammer already has another show.

As for the DVD release, I couldn't be more happy! I always assumed they would put a DVD out, and certainly hoped that it would include the unaired episodes and tons of bonus features, which it seems like it will have.

The only hope I have is that they change the title of the DVD from Season 1 to Complete Series. I mean, I would love to see it back, but since there is slim to none chance of that, I would rather have the correct title of Complete Series rather than Season 1, when it is the only season.

Either way, I'll be buying the set the day it comes out!

kravitzfan12

[6]Jul 22, 2008

Cover art and Extras have arrived!

Back to You Season 1 DVD Artwork

Extras for the set are:

1) Behind the scenes with Back to You
    2) "This Just In"
    3) Gag Reel

It will be a 3-disc set with all of the aired episodes on discs 1 and 2; disc 3 having the 3 unaired episodes on them.

We still don't know whether the title of the release will be Season One or Complete Series. The press release will detail that.

Heres the link to the TVSHOWSONDVD.com article:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Back-To-You-Season-1-Details-Art-Extras/10116

Edited on 07/22/2008 9:27am

downbeat423

[7]Jul 22, 2008
    It should've included "Date Night" and I hope thats not the final artwork. It needs to say "complete series". We all know its true at this point.

kravitzfan12

[8]Jul 23, 2008

The set does include Date Night.

Disc 3 includes the 3 unaired episodes: Date Night, House of Tomorrow and Hostage Watch.

I agree about the artwork. I like the cover-art itself (its not the best, but I'm just happy we get a set). Hopefully when the press release comes out, they will comment on the Season 1 / Complete Series and make the change.

NbRoCkEr1985

[9]Jul 25, 2008
    • level: 7

The Press Release still calls it season one:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Back-To-You-Season-1-Press-Release/10144

I think they should just accept the show is over and call it The Complete Series. Most fans have already accepted it's loss already, now just make if official.

pisceandreams

[10]Jul 26, 2008
    • level: 40

Well, the DVD release (especially the 3 unaried episodes) certainly is good news! I don't care what they call it, as long as we can have ALL eps on DVD for our viewing pleasure.

As for the show's survival, I still don't know what to think. It looks like it's not on the Fall schedule, so if it doesn't show up on the Winter/Spring schedule, then I'd say it's over for sure.

downbeat423

[11]Jul 26, 2008
    pisceandreams wrote:

Well, the DVD release (especially the 3 unaried episodes) certainly is good news! I don't care what they call it, as long as we can have ALL eps on DVD for our viewing pleasure.

As for the show's survival, I still don't know what to think. It looks like it's not on the Fall schedule, so if it doesn't show up on the Winter/Spring schedule, then I'd say it's over for sure.

It's definately cancelled. All the actors besides Fred, Josh and Lily are tied to other shows with ABC. Ty and Ayda will be in a new sitcom together entitled 'Fourplay' where Ty plays a gay man and Ayda is his partners best friend. Patricia will be shooting a pilot entitled "The Middle" and Kelsey is tied to "Roman's Empire". All of this info can be found on the sitcomsonline.com messege board for Back to You.

pisceandreams

[12]Jul 27, 2008
    • level: 40

downbeat423 wrote:
    It's definately cancelled. All the actors besides Fred, Josh and Lily are tied to other shows with ABC. Ty and Ayda will be in a new sitcom together entitled 'Fourplay' where Ty plays a gay man and Ayda is his partners best friend. Patricia will be shooting a pilot entitled "The Middle" and Kelsey is tied to "Roman's Empire". All of this info can be found on the sitcomsonline.com messege board for Back to You.

Ah, I wasn't aware of all of that. Then yes, I'd say the show is over for sure. I guess I should change the show status to "canceled/ended".

downbeat423

[13]Jul 28, 2008
    pisceandreams wrote:

downbeat423 wrote:

Ah, I wasn't aware of all of that. Then yes, I'd say the show is over for sure. I guess I should change the show status to "canceled/ended".

Yeah. Sorry to burst your bubble:[ It took me a month or two to get over it as well!

RavenFreak120

[14]Aug 6, 2008
    • level: 21
    How do I watch movies on ten.com.au? Is there any other place I can watch the three unaired episodes?

trsba

[15]Aug 8, 2008
    • level: 4
    There is talk to me in private

RavenFreak120

[16]Aug 8, 2008
    • level: 21
    trsba wrote:
    There is talk to me in private

My PM doesnt work -- I can't PM you. I can however, read your PMs. Can you PM me? Or someone who reads this, PM trsba and tell him to PM RavenFreak120.

tones007

[18]Aug 27, 2008
    • level: 2
    tones007 wrote:
    kravitzfan12 wrote:

Cover art and Extras have arrived!

Extras for the set are:

1) Behind the scenes with Back to You
    2) "This Just In"
    3) Gag Reel

It will be a 3-disc set with all of the aired episodes on discs 1 and 2; disc 3 having the 3 unaired episodes on them.

We still don't know whether the title of the release will be Season One or Complete Series. The press release will detail that.

Heres the link to the TVSHOWSONDVD.com article:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Back-To-You-Season-1-Details-Art-Extras/10116

Sounds great! I love behind the scenes stuff--the more the merrier. I pre-ordered mine about a month ago or something and I can't wait!

tones007

[19]Aug 27, 2008
    • level: 2
    downbeat423 wrote:
    pisceandreams wrote:

downbeat423 wrote:

Yeah. Sorry to burst your bubble:[ It took me a month or two to get over it as well!
    Do you know for certain that Patricia Heaton is doing The Middle? I just heard they were trying to get her to do it, but I definitely don't have "connections" or anything, so I am just curious. I would love to see her on air again, on just about anything, I am just curious because I've only ever known her to seem adamant about the multi-camera schedule. Awesome that all of these talented actors are working again so quickly, though. It's just a shame that they all couldn't be working together still...