Back to You Forums

FOX (ended 2008)

The Retool (cast changes, new direction, etc.)

Did you think the retool was good?

Herodite777

[21]May 7, 2008
    • level: 8
    Personally, I like the new Gracie. Yes she's not the old Gracy, but this new one seems a lot...friendlier and well more innocent. Actually the old one kind of annoyed me, and while I was at first shocked they replaced her, I pretty much let it go. If you like the old one's voice you can catch her on Nick (I believe Nick must have offered her a better paycheck, and she went with Nick). Did you know she was on Superbad?

This new one is pretty good. Someone said she wasn't as professional: well this can help her get there. By the way this isn't her first time acting: she was in Buffy, My Name is Earl, According to Jim, and Unfaboulous. Sad to see Montanna go. The actress will be in a movie called "Play Dead" or something like that.

For those that stopped watching: you guys are idiots. The show is simply getting better in my opinion, and I have been laughing more. Before it felt more like a drama, but now it feels more like a comedy (despite the...episodes. Ironic.)
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SamTherra

[22]May 9, 2008
    • level: 12

pisceandreams wrote:
    . . . Everyone's proclamation that they were sooooo attached to Laura is a bit baffling considering she was in so few episodes. She did portray the character well, she did have good chemistry with Kelsey and Patricia, but when you get down to it, I think Lily Jackson is better for the role of "Gracie" because she's younger looking and acting, which worked well to the story's advantage in episodes like "Hug and Tell" and "Two Steps Forward, One Step Back". It would have been awkward to have Laura in the role with the same lines and storyline. . . .

It was surprising to see a new Gracie (whose just different, not bad), but it was rather inconsequential to us. The storyline's were fantastic and my husband and I consider these episodes to be the best and funniest of the Season.

VM1138

[23]May 15, 2008
    • level: 6
    I want to know: Why bother with the retool if they were going to get canceled? I know sometimes shows don't know anything about this before it happens, but it seems to me this has been in the wind for a while and insiders especially should've expected cancelation as at least a possibility. Damnit. The show was really finding it's form, too.

DZA187

[24]May 16, 2008
    • level: 10

angrodpallanen wrote:
    I know, this is ridiculous, why did they shake up the show??? Is it really because they needed to cut in the budget b/c the writers strike?

only weak link to the new show is the new daughter, she doesn't suit the show at all. Why did they change the old gracie for when the new one looks even younger now like she is about 7 years old and 10 years like mention.

Edited on 05/16/2008 5:42am

articnights

[25]May 29, 2008
    • level: 4
    The 3 male costars at the station is the reason I stopped wathing the show - I found them idiotic and offensive. The weather girl wasn't much appealing either.

RoBotz2050

[26]Jun 11, 2008
    • level: 4
    Maybe they where not gone for good...
    Maybe if it gets renewed for a second season they will come back.

ejr1978

[27]Jul 10, 2008
    • level: 1
    While retooling, they should have gotten better writers with better jokes. I can't believe Grammer and Heaton, who both came from two of the greatest comedies ever, could be on this show of predictable humor. It was such a pain to watch that even Fred Willard couldn't save the show. If this show truly isn't coming back, I'm glad.