Back to You

Pilot

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Sep 19, 2007 on FOX

• Absolutely brilliant start to what is hopefully going to be a fantastic series!

The writing was back to Frasier excellence - hysterically funny in parts; one liners subtlely slipped in like:

Chuck Darling: So we slept together ... this just in ...
    Kelly Carr: Your exact words that night!

I notice that there were other actors originally cast in the parts of the News Director and the Weather Girl - the only two for whom I have any criticism in that they were weak and predictable in their acting. However, it is probably because the others were so great and the two main characters complemented each other perfectly.

The best thing about the series is that it is refreshingly funny but predictably first class. I had initially thought that with Kelsey Grammar and Patricia Heaton having been in such well known and long running series it would be hard to think of them in something new - but I could not have been more wrong - they worked together wonderfully well.

I see that one whole series has been ordered - after this episode I hope the network starts ordering the second series!