Back to You

Pilot

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Sep 19, 2007 on FOX

• Wanted it to be good. I really, really did.

Okay. Here's the deal. I find very little on the television screen that intrigues me enough to watch it regularly. I really, really want a good half hour situation comedy that speaks to my heart and my intellect. Heh...right. I hadn't planned to watch this. It was Ray Romano's diatribe at the Emmys that made me decide to tune it. It wasn't good but definitely has potential. I like the premise. Had a serious 'WKRP/NewsRadio/Mary Tyler Moore' flashback! I miss those shows. I really liked the poor, poor schmuck of a reporter (Ty Burrell)that was dying for a chance to be anchorman. They need to lose the ongoing difficulty pronouncing his name. Didn't really like Fred Willard. Didn't like the weather girl either. The station manager guy was...hmm...okay. But, I am glad to see Patricia Heaton and Kelsey Grammer together. I thought they had a nice comraderie. Chemistry? Nah....but maybe something that can be built to. LOVED the little girl (Laura Marano) playing Heaton's daughter. LOVED the added tweak to the show with her parentage. This should be an interesting set up. At least interesting enough for me to tune in again next week. After that? We'll see.