Back to You

FOX (ended 2008)

Back to You Fan Reviews (29)

• One of Fall 2007 biggest disappointments. I really wanted to like Back To You. I love Kelsey Grammer and there is a wealth of comedic possibilities in the production of a news cast. But it just didn't do it for me.

I really wanted to like Back To You. I love Kelsey Grammer and there is a wealth of comedic possibilities in the production of a news cast. I know, I used to work in media and have lots of close friends that currently work at an NBC affiliate where I live. Media people are a different and often crazy sort full of gigantic amounts of stress and often over the top personalities and egos. So I had very high hopes. But Back To You was almost painful to watch. I watched 2 and a half episodes before deleting my season pass from my TiVo. The jokes were very forced, the set ups completely ridiculous and they added this annoying subplot of the two lead anchors having a child together after a one night stand 10 years ago. And for some reason they keep alluding to Pittsburgh (where the show is set) as being such a slap in the face to work cause it is such a small town market. Hello? Pittsburgh small market. Maybe compared to LA and NY, but I would never consider working at a Pittsburgh affiliate as being banished to a small market. Don't know why that struck a chord with me, but it did. Kelsey Grammer couldn't even save this for me. At least when Fraiser acted like a pompous jerk you forgave him because deep down he was a good guy. Chuck Darling, however, has not proven this for himself. He just comes off as a jerk plain and simple. The only highlight of the show is Fred Willard. Love him.