Back to You

The Wall of Fame

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Apr 16, 2008 on FOX

• A good episode.

Marsh and his wife Peg throw a party for Chuck inviting all at WURG, whilst there Kelly spots a photo on Marsh's wall that has her and Chuck making out in the background, this prompt's her to do everything in her power to hide it and eventually steal it so that no one else see's the photo, Chuck on the other hand is not as worried and in fact wants all to know Gracie is his child, naturally Kelly is shocked and doesn't want this to happen, however by the end of the episode she has to decide that maybe it might not be so bad.

Whilst at Marsh's party Gary and Ryan make a shocking discovery in the way of some uncomfortable murals in Marsh and Peg's bedroom which give them nightmares.

As I said I thought the episode was great, bit over he top with Kelly's obsession towards the photo but I love Marsh, Gary and Ryan, especially the mural situation.

Disappointed they have recast Gracie and I believe Montana is no more which is a shame.

If this is the season finale then we have a good storyline towards season 2.
  • the wall of fame

I did not think the actress who portrayed Gracie originally was particularly good, but when she got replaced here you knew immediately how good she was. This was just a horrible kid with zero charisma. They should've done the soap opera style narrating when a character gets recast.

But the actual episode itself was okay. I like the inappropriate murals, and really wondered what was in Marsh's basement like Gary and Ryan did. I also liked Chuck wanting to bail on the party, but getting stuck staying and in the end bragging about his daughter. Great character development here and we learned next week the truth will be revealed.
  • Where is Laura? The original Gracie is missing!

I hope this character change is temporary since one of the reasons I started watching Back to You was the announcement on "Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader" that Laura would be leaving to work on this show. Nothing against the new actor but I hate it when they make changes like this with no prior announcement. Almost as much as when a favorite show just fades away rather than being openly canceled.

The episode itself had a different storyline and title than the one given here on tv.com, possibly due to the renewed season. It wasn't as funny as previous episodes but that may have something to do with my shock at seeing the new Laura. It was nice to see more of Marsh and his wife, but they went a bit overboard with the pervert line and I half-expected the pair of them to proposition someone. Overall, this wasn't up to par and I hope they get Laura back to play the Gracie character. Patricia Heaton and Kelsey Grammer are both great but I hope they don't try to reunite them since I don't sense much chemistry there.