Ballykissangel

BBC (ended 2001)

Dani_Joe

Ballykissangel Fan Reviews (7)

7.6
  • The acting in this show is superb. Great show, enjoy watching it on ETV.

This show caught my attention and could not wait for the next week episode. I was so caught up in the acting and real to life storyline that when Assumpta died I thought that was the cruelest way to end. I cried for two days. Received the whole 6 series dvd set for Birthday and have enjoyed rewatching each show, and still enjoy the reruns on ETV. Great Job! Would love to see more on ballykissangel and would like to know what happened to Father Peter? Kept hoping he would return to visit Father Mac as a bishop or something?
  • The Reckoning - exhilarating and depressing at the same time

Believe it or not, it's 2008 and Ballykissangel is only now being shown on BBC Prime here in Serbia! I know only few people watching it, because there are no Serbian subtitles. People here have seen Stephen Tompkinson in Wild at Heart, which is a shame, because I like him most as Peter Clifford.
    I fell in love with BallyK the moment I saw the first episode. For the past few weeks I have been preparing myself for The Reckoning, searching the Internet and watching video clips. But nothing could have prepared me for such a heartbreak.
    Have the creators ever explained why they have decided to finish season 3 in such a way?
    Since I was a teenager, I haven't been drawn to a series and to its characters this strongly. It is "exhilarating and depressing at the same time" (in Peter's words). The story is written with such wit and intelligence. It has awoken the emotions I thought I was too old and too serious to be able to feel. (For God's sake, I'm a 34-year-old teacher!)
    I was very happy when I came across some alternative endings to The Reckoning episode on the Internet (written by fans). It was extremely comforting to see that I am not alone feeling this way.
    I am also completely awestricken by Stephen Tompkinson's brilliance, charm and wit. It has been far too long since I liked an actor so much. I have always been a fan of English films and English humour, but unfortunately I have had little chance to enjoy them. I will do my best to change that.
    My best regards to all the fans.
  • a great british comedy about the lives of the people in a small northern ireland town.

a charming British comedy set in northern Ireland, in a town by the same name as the title of the show. it has 6 seasons, but i have only seen 5 of the, all of which are good. in th show, each episode has a couple of stories about various people in the show. part of the way through the show, 2 of the main characters leave the show, but i don't want to give the reason away. afterwards, a bunch of new characters are introduced, which become as beloved as the original main characters. the writers of the show do a great job with this transitions of characters. by the fifth season, many of the old characters are gone, but the show is still very good and the new characters are worked in brilliantly. this show is a great for the family, but younger kids will not get much of the comedy in it. i recommend for people over the age of 13, just because the show is geared towards adults.
  • What other people say about Ballykissangel doesn't bring it any justice. To give it anything less than a 10 would be an outrage.

What other people say about Ballykissangel doesn't bring it any justice. To give it anything less than a 10 would be an outrage. What's good about it? If you need me to tell you what's good about it, it means you can't even tell the brilliance behind Ballykissangel. Nuff said.
  • Fun while it lasted!

6.9
    Ballykissangel was quite a trendsetter in ways as it was among the first of a string of hits co-produced between the Irish and British national broadcasters - RTE and BBC! It proved a hit in both regions but was seemingly welcomed with open arms by American audiences who loved the twee irish charm it held! Sadly it soon hit its saturation point and, as with all good things, came to an end!!
  • Very charming

I always felt this show should have been placed in the seventies, or early eighties at the most recent instead of nineties. However, it always seemed like a place I wanted to be. Charming, filled with good folk, and thanks to the magic of television, apparently it never, ever rains in Ireland.
  • New catholic priest in town, fighting back his urges!

A simple idea very well done. Uplifting storylines and sympathetic characters make for uncomplicated viewing, but keep the interest throughout. Excellent acting and direction and the scenery was captivating. Watched from the very beginning and kept faith with the show through all the cast changes, etc. Miss the show but it has probably had its day.