Bang! Bang! It's Reeves and Mortimer

BBC Two (ended 1999)

Bang! Bang! It's Reeves and Mortimer Fan Reviews (2)

6.3
  • Yet more sketch show brilliance from the surreal comedic duo

While not quite matching the sheer brilliance of The Smell Of Reeves and Mortimer, this show is fantastic in it's own right, and there is a reason why the duo consider this to be their best work. The sketches are less surreal now, although the odd occasion will see some utterly bizarre moments (such as the gorilla sketch which was just plain disturbing, in the best possible way of course). The duo's slapstick fights have evolved and are funnier than ever. We also get the first taste of Reeves and Mortimer's future characters in Catterick with the serial The Club (featuring a guest appearance by the forever mocked Les Dennis). Another highlight is a satirical sketch where Tony Blair and a bunch of other politicaians form a music group, but kick Bill Clinton out who forms his own group called "Saxual Harrasment". Overall this will please any fan of the dastardly duo, but if you don't get their humor then this won't change your opinion.
  • Wow Bang! Bang! It's Reeves and Mortimer really A-MA-ZING! If everything on television these days are as good as Bang! Bang! It's Reeves and Mortimer, I don't think I'll ever remove myself from the television set.

Wow Bang! Bang! It's Reeves and Mortimer really A-MA-ZING! If everything on television these days are as good as Bang! Bang! It's Reeves and Mortimer, I don't think I'll ever remove myself from the television set. Whoever came up with the idea behind Bang! Bang! It's Reeves and Mortimer is a genius!I love love love this show very much. bye.