A Banshee Community
Cinemax (ended 2016)

Banshee S02E09: "Homecoming"

Is it possible for an episode that's mostly set-up to also be pretty nuts? If it wasn't before, it certainly is now. The penultimate episode of Banshee's strong second season hustled to put people in the right places for what is sure to be a high-octane finale, so much so that we can even view "Homecoming" as the first half of the season's capper. But as the episode moved pieces around on the chessboard, it also delivered two tremendous action set pieces and a number of important confrontations and conversations. At this point in the season, there isn't any time for methodical maneuvering; there's barely any room to even breathe. 

Almost all of "Homecoming" trafficked in long-bubbling conflict. Confrontations that we've been waiting to see all season, or even since last season, started to develop, and the results were as emotionally charged as expected. The most notable example was, of course, the HUGE blow-up between Hood, Carrie, and Gordon that fittingly took place when Hood interrupted the Hopewells' sexual reconciliation and everyone decided to have it out right there on the front lawn. Though Hood and Carrie have all this history and are more or less the show's primary pairing—romantic or otherwise—Banshee's second season has put in every possible effort to make Gordon a sympathetic third member of this triangle of sorts. At his core, Gordon is a relatively solid dude who's had his world systematically destroyed by events beyond his control. Even though Carrie's begun to fill in the blanks here and there, what Gordon does know above all else is that THIS THING, whatever it is, tracks back to Hood. Was it healthy to point a gun at the town sheriff, a man who's already proven that he can beat the hell out of you? Probably not, but it speaks to Gordon's state of mind, and he's not really wrong to feel that way. The moment where Carrie had to reveal that Hood was Deva's father just to keep Gordon from pulling the trigger was hyperbolic and soap opera-esque, but in the best ways. Really fantastic job by Antony Starr, Ivana Miličevič, and Rus Blackwell for bringing that moment to life and doing it real justice after 19 episodes of build-up. I'm not sure it could have gone better. 

That wasn't the episode's only important affray, nor was it even the only one to feature someone yelling at Hood. His relationship with Siobhan was bound to implode at some point because it was established on a whole lot of passion (of both the sexual and violent varieties) and not a lot of communication. By the time everything hit the fan and Hood had to skip town with Carrie to save an ailing Job and take down Rabbit once and for all, Siobhan was fresh out of patience. I've really enjoyed the Hood-Siobhan relationship because the performers have a different kind of appealing chemistry that has made the less communicative stuff completely understandable. It's easy to assume that Hood won't talk much, and that there will be problems as a result, but like with Gordon, this season spent enough time on his attraction to Siobhan (and hers to him) that I buy that they're getting something out it other than sex. That makes the squabbling more effective. 

The other big emotional altercation was much quieter and almost completely out-of-the-blue, but still powerful in its surprising nature. Proctor's mother came to visit him on the inside! We received a little taste of their complex relationship earlier in the season when he visited the Amish community, and there's always been the sense that Ma Proctor wasn't as into the whole banishing thing as others in the cohort, but man, that was a nice scene. Not only did it make an effort to humanize Proctor while he's in a space that requires him to be perhaps more villainous than normal, but it also opened the door for more compelling stories to come in Season 3, once Proctor gets out of prison—because we know that he will, by hook or by crook (probably both). 

You know what, though? While I could talk about the emotional impact of these various fracases forever, we have to get to the opening and closing sequences, which were tremendous. The pre-credits explosion, with Job investigating the church and Rabbit in what quickly became a suicide mission, just kept going and my dread level continued to rise. I watched the sequence a few times because it's so impressive from a logistical standpoint. It ripped through a few different spots within the church location without confusion, and also offered up multiple types of combat. I don't know about you, but as it progressed, I was pretty sure that Job was done, and even then, I let out an audible WHAT when he was clipped by the taxi. That was one heck of a conclusion to a great piece of action television, and a fine reminder that these characters aren't invincible. It was a brief reminder, considering Job survived, but hey, a reminder nonetheless. 

And then, never satisfied, Banshee decided to concoct an extended shootout in a hospital as Hood and Carrie tried to pull Job to safety, because that's just what happens around these parts. That sequence didn't have quite the same impact as the opening bit because there was no doubt that our heroes were going to methodically destroy their opposition, get Job out, and move on to fight Rabbit, but let's not take anything away from it. Banshee seems to have committed to adding more diversity to the nutty action sequences it deploys—either that or I'm just noticing it more—and the fact that the show could pull off both of these in one episode is wholly impressive. Also, they were very, very cool. 

With just one episode to go, you get the feeling that Banshee wanted to deal with some of the more notable character-based resolutions this week so it can move on to the punching and the stabbing and the Ukrainian revenge of it all next week. But it's not like the show just dumped all this stuff into "Homecoming" without thought, because it was not only a proper table-setter for the finale, but simply a great episode in its own right. Bring on that final hour. 

NOTES

– To clean up some of the stuff from last week: Emmett is on his way to Florida to get away from all of the terrible stuff he did. He and Hood had a really solid conversation about right and wrong, and God and I hope Emmett isn't gone for good. 

– And to add credence to the obvious "Proctor is getting out of prison" theory, Kendall took care of the hospitalized skinhead just in case he was thinking about talking, re: the drug trafficking. This—combined with the fact that Rebecca convinced Hood's informant to leave town and that she started to snuggle up to Alex—suggests that the case against Proctor is going to come crashing down very soon.

– Hood and Brock shared another one of their "I don't really trust you, but I kind of respect you" conversations. I enjoy those well enough. Brock is starting to put the pieces together with Hood, but that'll probably have to wait until Season 3. 

– Shout-out to Julian Sands' beard. That's fake, right?

– Reg Cathey made an appearance as a NYPD captain investigating Rabbit—and by proxy, Hood. He might play a role in the finale, I guess.

– Okay, let's hear those predictions. Does Rabbit finally get his in the finale? Do any of the series regulars die in the process? What's going to happen people?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/20/2016

Season 4 : Episode 8

101 Comments
Comments (101)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
uh did you guys catch Job as Mako Tinida in The Blacklist!?
Flag
Predictions:

RIP: Alex, Priest, Chayton, Siobhan, Emmett

Live to see another day (season): Rabbit
Flag
Awesome Episode! it had everything I wanted and more. Cannot wait until the season finale and on the same time not, because I want it to continue forever and ever with this high standard of episodes...
Flag
I can't like a show more than this one. Episodes like this perfect 50 some odd minute gem prove this is one of those shows that sit on a special tier of greatness. You missed one important showdown - As Clay Burton was taking out the witnesses in the building case against Proctor, Rebecca got to Juliet to hasten her departure from Banshee before she was killed. Burton arrived much later, as Rebecca was alone in the changing area. Burton: I don't trust you. Rebecca: I don't give a sh!t. That story isn't ending well for Rebecca. Or how about Alex's kiss - doesn't he know what happens to men who kiss those lips without permission? I think Alex really does like this beautiful dangerous Amish girl at Proctor's side. Ever since the way he behaved around her when Nola kidnapped her. Nice return from Nola this week, sure she was off screen, but that had to be Nola's knife that ended up in the dude who wanted to be Chief right?

You knew the reconciliation couldn't be complete until she let Gordon know why 'Hood' seems to be a part of this family's existence since his arrival. The reminder of needing to deal with him coming during Gordon and 'Carrie's return to the bedroom almost seems appropriate for this show. One line. 3 words, "He's Deva's father'" and the silence that followed on the lawn was just magnificent. A lot of great acting going on over 3 words.

Job in the church and the Job rescue- both awesome scenes. They shot both action sequences in new locations to Banshee - the church and the hospital in NYC. Loved the recovery of Job in the hospital was shot the same way as the fake out after 'Carrie' left 'Hood' handcuffed to the bed for rabbit. Door opens and who's there? 'Hood' got to return the favor. It worked again.

Siobhan ending the relationship without knowing anything, was just kind of sad. He couldn't tell her anything b/c she would have made herself a part of it and he doesn't want her to get caught in his mess. He could take into account the million other ways he's hurting her as well? Brock and Siobhan are the only ones left in 'Banshee' right now as Proctor's case is being prepped. What's going to happen to them now? Much to consider.

Kai and mom in prison so good topped so beautifully by Kai actually breaking into tears as she left. Men do all the stupid stuff in these communities and its always the women left to deal with those effected by decisions made by dumb men.

And to top all of this set up episode we get the mention of another person in NYC that knows all of our crew in New York City. I may die of shock if the person they need to see to get some firepower is being played by Hugh Laurie.

Only one more week. These folks are telling a better more complete story in 10 episodes than most do in 22. I am so excited to see how this season ends. Walking the line next week will be Brock and Siobhan, the new sheriff's dept. - hopefully something happens to bring Dept. Yawners back but if he and Meg went off to Florida, then that makes sense. Rebecca and Alex - one of them is going to be worse off than when this season started. 'Carrie/Anna' - it would be a completely audacious, possibly show suicide, way to go out - she gets killed but she's worked to her reconciliation - what would that open up for storytelling? This show needs 'em both so this better not happen.

Before I leave, I give you my penultimate 'BANSHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE'! This week the extra E's are for Everything and Everyone involved that made the time spent watching this great episode, an exceptionally enjoyable hour out of my week. See you all back one more time next week as we discuss the finale.

More+
Flag
Emmet bashed the side of the skinhead's face in. I mean, it was literally concave after Emmet bashed him. So, how is it skinhead was able to talk and actually look pretty good in this ep?

Flag
I'm not sure if Proctor is going to leave prison anytime soon. It looks to me that Rebecca is taking over his business. You may have noticed she is paying attention to Proctors dealings.
At the same time she is working against him, so I'm curious of how this will go.

Can you really get hit by a car like that and then be in the hospital with just a concussion? Shouldn't at least one of his leg be broken?
Flag
I really, really hate Hollywood's over-use of characters blindly running out into the street and getting hit by a car. Drives me crazy. But, I'll admit, this was one of the more believable setups for it.
Flag
What was MORE unbelievable was that the killer priests didn't manage to get to him before he was taken to the hospital. I realize there would have been witnesses, but it seems to me that it would have been pretty easy for them to get to an unconscious Job on the street.

No one would question a priest coming up to and maybe even moving the body.
Flag
The opening was incredible and so tense. I kept screaming inside my head "Don't go in there alone Job!" and then he made it out and I let out a great sigh, he's my favourite character I really didn't want to see him dead, and then he got hit by a damn taxi!
Flag
To dissect the teaser sequence a littler further, let us mention that brief, but exciting tracking shot through the aisle of the church.

Everything else has been mentioned. The Banshee community here is thorough!
Flag
"The inside of it (Hood's brain) must look like a Jackson Pollock" hahahahaha
Flag
This episode was SO GOOD!!! I think it would be really awesome to see a spinoff show with Job.
Flag
Potential Spoilers**
I think 4-5 characters will die and 2 are supposed to be heartbreaking. By characters, I mean characters with names and not just "red shirt" characters. I think female R is safe and one of the heartbreak with be female S since everyone close to Hood dies except Job and Carrie. That means the other heartbreak may be the male S. Just my guesses but I have been reading & watching some potentially spoilery stuff
Flag
****SPOILERS****

The preview makes it look like Rebecca is being choked to death. Well we all know how previews and trailers are misleading so I think Rebecca survives. I went to IMDb to see if the actress was in pre-production for anything and well I ran across some threads and I'm guessing she lives. Hopefully the trailer is misleading and its actually Alex's blood running down his hand….
Here's a a link to spoilertv where they are doing a poll. They already took Rebecca off the list and apparently the actress (Lilli) is tweeting and pimping/promoting Banshee so much that she must be in season 3.
Poll: Banshee-Who is going to die before the end of Season 2? Spoilers
Flag
Just to be sure: we also have a poll going on our own site over here.
Flag
Yeah I saw that poll. Keep in mind that some of the mods on that site have seen the finale, so they know who lives and who dies. They are kind of giving it away in a way.
Flag
click and highlight the blacked out bits--a work around until we have a spoiler alert thingy here
Flag
I didn't know that some of the mods had seen the finale and am glad I used the word "spoilers". I won't be disappointed if they are correct. Hmm, I went back and read the comments~some people have seen the finale. I'm hoping for season 3 to be Kai vs Hood with Rebecca ultimately taking out Kai.
Flag
That's why I do not go to a site like that. There are too many people who like to show off that they know. I also do not want to be spoiled:-).
Flag
***SPOILERS***

we haven't seen the scene at the 0:40 second mark--I bet that comes after the hand on the neck scene that is show in the other trailer

Flag
Had some thoughts on this ep and decided to post a reply to Vicky8675309 instead below, if anyone's bored of screwing their feet to the ground.
Flag
Fantastic work Job. That was a very well done opening. But come on, looking both ways before you cross a street is pretty standard even if you are being chased or are chasing someone. Also NY cabs stop for nothing. I am not sure if I truly believe he got out of that with merely a concussion. But this show is so good I can look past the inconsistencies. I too was taken aback by the car. I said NOOO. If I were to choose a central character to go down Job would be the last on my list.

The second NOOO! was Carrie dropping the Deva bomb. I really didn't expect that this season. The kids haven't been as central to the plots as they were last season, especially Deva. I am not sure where they are going to go with that this season, if they are. It seemed necessary and unnecessary at the same time.

Hood and Siobhan was probably the hardest to watch. They have gotten really close this season and I thought that they were at a point where Hood would let her in. I understand his priorities, but I think she deserved a better explanation. I have to wonder if we are going to see anything from Banshee in the next episode. Taking down Rabbit seems like a whole episode kind of thing.

Rebecca, I really like the way they are writing her story. They could really go anyway with her. They are threading the needle. She hides the witness, she tells Proctor about Alex. And she stands up to Bow tie. (who by the way if they ever make another Hitman movie that Timothy Olyphant was in I think that was his audition in the beginning.)But they could go anywhere with Rebecca, they could make her more powerful or they could kill her off. And for the life of me I don't have a read on which they would do.

The Finale, I am not sure what is going to happen. Do they get rid of Rabbit? Maybe. Maybe they replace him with his brother. I still think there is a lot of plot to do with Rabbit, I still think him and Proctor would hit it off and benefit each other. One thing I do think, I don't think the whole cast is going to make it this time. Which is weird because there isn't a weak point in any of the cast. Who knows what the next episode is going to be but if it is half as good as Job's start to this one, it will be fantastic.
More+
Flag
Have any predictions on who will die? I think Rabbit's story will end, and I have a feeling Alex Longshadow ain't long for this world either. For some reason, I have a bad feeling Siobhan won't make it. Ironically, Hood, Carrie and Job are at the main site of the action, yet those three are the only ones that I think are completely safe. If Rabbit does die, I think it will be a missed opportunity, because I really wanted to see Rabbit and Kai cross paths.

I'm watching six shows at the moment; Banshee, Hannibal, Justified, True Detective, Vikings, and The Walking Dead. Three of those are the best shows on TV right now, while the other three are lagging. Can you guess which ones? lol
Flag
If I had to pick a character I think it might be Rebecca. I am running through all of the potential plots in my head and she has the least among them. She doesn't have the power of Proctor nor likely would ever have that power, because not only does he have money he has his own skill and is willing to go that extra mile. Rebecca is trying to be too in the middle and Banshee isn't a place for those kind of people. She can't decide who she wants to be. She doesn't have the skill to retain her position if she were to take the helm. And she isn't integral to any other part of the story since her and Hood stopped hooking up. But she could surprise us, it depends on the writers.

I don't think it is Siobhan for the sole reason that she humanizes Hood and is an ally to Hood in the department.

I also doubt that Emmet is going to be gone long. I get the crisis of conscience, anytime you do something like what he did and you weren't inclined to do something similar before hand. You have to work some stuff out in your head.

The rest are completely safe save for maybe Bow Tie. Job is too great of a character, Carrie is too essential to the plot, and Hood is the show.

Sugar on the other hand is interesting. The scene with him and Proctor was down right out of the blue. That might be a foreshadow of something bad to come his way. The meeting makes sense if it is what leads to his death. I wouldn't like that, because i think he is a great character and he and Job crack me up.

But again out of all of them Rebecca is least necessary character out of all of them. And Lili Simmons the actress is the youngest and has the most widespread appeal, is on two hit shows and might feel like striking out. Even though she is a bit confined to sexpot roles.

Out of those 6. Banshee, Hannibal and True Detective are great I would add Person of Interest and The Americans to that list. The Walking Dead is hit or miss right now, mostly misses, Vikings just feels odd this season and you know my opinion on the current season of Justified. You might want to give some consideration of replacing Justified with The Americans. The stark contrast in quality almost hurts.
More +
Flag
That's a nice analysis. I think there is no chance in hell that Rebecca is dying, but you bring up some good points. People keep throwing Siobhan out there, but I hope it's not true. She seems the most real out of all the female characters. I used to think Gordon Hopewell and his family were on the chopping block, but this last episode changed that, because we obviously have to see Gordon lose his mind over the reveal. I still think Alex Longshadow somehow dying would open the door for Nola to return. Alex has always been a flat character to me anyway, existing just to be at the center of the cultural conflict with Kai. I think Nola would be a much more interesting character to be at the forefront of Indian vs. Amish war. We also haven't seen the last of that big Indian Chayton. Isn't it nice to talk about a show where we are genuinely concerned about which characters are going to die? I can't think of any other show on TV right now that does this.

I agree with you about TWD, and I may just do a marathon run of Vikings this season when it is over, because this season has not engaged me. It pisses me off that I had walk into a not so good season of Justified after exhaustingly binge-watching it. The main reason I watched it was because of your recommendation, which I no longer trust so I won't make that mistake with The Americans. Just kidding of course, though if I do catch up, it may not be for awhile. I know POI is a great show, but network shows with 22 episodes per season exhaust me. By the way, did you ever watch Breaking Bad by any chance?
More +
Flag
BTW, The Americans is great.
Flag
I had a time set up to watch the first season of Breaking Bad and then someone recommended a show named True Detective to me and I chose to bing watch the first half of the season to catch up. I will get to Breaking Bad.
Flag
job is like a superhero! *adore*
Flag
I love how the show portrays NY like it's the worst place on the planet (e.g. camera angles, change in music, camera filters).

Really enjoyed this week's episode. About the promo: someone's killing Rebecca??
Flag
preview of the finale (spoilers)
preview of Banshee season 2 Finale
Flag
Or you could just watch it here
Flag
I just love the initial image on this video, of the priest.
Flag
Not much of a review.But I take what I am given.
Flag
Unless it looks like two guys going to visit a 'friend' from a gay porn shoot who's broke his dick.
Flag
If you want to see more of Reg Cathey's character (as well as Zeljko Ivanek and Julian Sands' characters), you need to check out Banshee Origins.

Those are some pretty cool extras, and they are often mentioned in the series (Hood's interrogation 15 years ago, Proctor's visit to Sugar, etc...)
Flag
My man Job. Good recovery, but he has to work on his exit strategy. He has lived in NY before, those goddamn cabs don't stop for shit. He should know better than running in the street like that. lol..
Flag
The thing that salvaged that scene for me was that he had just bumped into another killer priest and barely managed to knock the guy down -- while still having to worry about the other priests coming after him. So, it's more understandable that he'd be a bit disoriented.

Without that quick mele, I'd have been rolling my eyes.
Flag
Oh yeah, absolutely. I was just being a smart ass about it. He was plenty distracted and just had the crap beaten out of him minutes earlier.
He was lucky to get out of there alive.

Flag
I think the last time we saw what a badass Job really is was the pilot, I had totally forgot, that opening with him was totally awesome, the show would still be good without it and it might sound shallow but I really love the fights in this show, they're just so great, they're my favorite thing about it. I was really glad Job wasn't taken out by the car, that would have been a shitty end for such an important and lovable character. Counting the days to the finale.
Flag
Well, we had that time in the diner when the hicks were laughing at his get-up so he went over and easily beat the crap out of them.

But, THIS was great. I'm not sure even Hood could take him. :)
Flag
Next to all the other awesomeness, Rebecca really intrigues me. She seems to be learning so fast to influence others to do what she wants. She did use her mouth for more then one method this week.
Flag
If anyone in the TV business want an example of how to make a great penultimate episode to a season, this is it !

I was hoping for more Job action and got my wish this week.

The opening scene where Job was in the church, got caught and then ran for his life and got ran over by a car was one of the best opening sequence I have seen in ANY TV show for a long time. I rate in even higher than the 6 minutes action sequence from true detective.

And I thought they just might killed off Job. Thank God they did not.

The hospital shoot out scene was fantastic to watch too. Banshee used so much of hands and knuckles I am glad this time we get to see more gun fights.

I think Carrie make a mistake of telling Gordon about Hood being Deva's real father. Gordon looks like he is going crazy. He was just about on his road to recovery. I feel bad for him and worst for their children.

I like Hood with Siobhan but this is Banshee so I am quite sure there will be a new woman to sleep with Hood in season 3. I just hope we will get to see more of siobhan in her birthday suit.

I thought Rebecca was going to turn into a big villain but she saved the stripper witness and let her get out of town. I was so sure the stripper was going to die after seeing Kendall kill of the skinhead (so nice to see him die by the way).

We really want to get a glimpse of what Rebecca is thinking. It does look like she is going to turn against her uncle.

I only noticed Reg Cathey from House of Cards and he was very good in that show. I am pleasantly surprised to see him guest star here.

Lastly my wishes for the finale :

1) Nola please turn up for the finale !

2) Rabbit please die ! You should have been dead in season 1 finale. It would really be a step backwards for the show if he escape yet again to appear in season 3.

3) Please do not killed off Job !
More+
Flag
That opening! Job! Damn that mo'erfoerker is bad! This sh!t was right out of a 007 sh!t, damn! Just Damn!
Flag
Great review

My thoughts/observations (sorry it's so long but I took notes this time):

1. Why did Job go alone? Regardless he kicks ass (serious bad ass) and he is a one man army. That fight scene was so adrenaline fueled and I loved the men in "dresses" (priests) kicking ass but Job was the ultimate fighter;-) Job being hit by a car was both OMG and LOL but in a good way
  2. I can relate to Job's response to interrogation~I have a brother like that~got his ass kicked by my other brother and would always keep saying fuck you
  3. I was hoping Job would reply to the question "Who are you?" with the answer "the new number 2"
  4. Is Job southern? Sometimes he sounds southern
  5. I am still blown away by all the fight sequences~they continue to keep it fresh and adrenaline fueled
  6. Carrie & Gordon's reconciliation--believable, touching, I think they love each other
  7. Deva is great as a blonde (she got her soul back! lol)
  8. More Hood and Alma~yeah, Hood would fuck up the paperwork
  9. Emmett & hood's scene--tension then relief then sadness (what the audience and Hood all felt)
  10. whiny skinhead could talk? He looked better then I thought he would; look and sound. I'm glad psycho Clayton took care of him
  11. I didn't like the song paired with Clayton walking through the strip club (my only criticism of the season--not bad)
  12. Rebecca blocked Clayton and "saved" Juliette (I liked Rebacca's "I know what it feels like to be trapped in your own life)
  13. Hood was happy Juliette was gone but I'm worried about him putting all his trust in Alex Longshadow
  14. WTF Sugar & Proctor scene: was he gloating or playing both sides of the fence. Can someone shed some light into this? I liked Proctor's directness in his response to Sugar.
  15. Siobhan wasn't concerned with the law when she used the bible. Kind of hypocritical of her and I guess they are trying to show her as a "nagging" or questioning so we don't mind her and Hood splitting up. I'm not sure how I feel about her dialogue--believable at times and it's been, for the past few episodes, leading up to the "break up" of her and Hood. I've always like Siobhan but some of her lines this episode made me go "huh?"
  16. So Rebecca told Kai about Alex's plans. Alex really had no need to tell Rebecca anything did he (can someone explain this)? Rebecca is interesting---saves Juliette, tells Kai about Alex's plans. I am not sure of her agenda but she continues to intrigue me.
  17. Kai and his mother--well acted and powerful/emotional; gives us more insight into Kai
  18. Everyone needs to watch the clips on Origins to see the scenes of Racine, "hood", and Baller (lol, Baller)
  19. touching scenes between Rabbit and his bro
  20. I was so relieved that Job was alive!! yep, he is resourceful
  21. Brock and Gordon--they explained my questions about the explosion--Brock asked for help from the DEA; no defective gas line--it's like they read my mind! What a bright show and doesn't take the easy way out; ties up loose ends! awesome
  22. George and Alex--Alex finally acting like a leader (except for telling Rebecca his plans); the antagonism between George and Alex--I think George just adopted Alex;-)
  23. Gordon should of let Carrie keep explaining; I liked her exposition about her childhood. He cut her off and that played into the front lawn scene.
  24. Siobhan and Hood--she said "we would of made them pay" but then she questions his actions; also, what about what she did with the bible; Hood makes a lot of sense; they are believable but again her dialogue made me not care about them breaking up; Why would she ask if he is ever coming back~what makes her think he is going away for ever? Something about Siobhan again made me go "huh?"
  25. LOL @ Hood and Brock; they are gold together
  26. I love how everyone is asking Hood who he is or saying they don't know him (subtle humor)
  27. Gordon--nuts; what would he of done if he had shot Hood; powerful and dramatic but Gordon seems stupid~really he couldn't figure out Hood was Deva's dad; he should of let Carrie keep explaining. I did enjoy that scene regardless of how Gordon came across. Great acting all around.
  28. I loved the hospital shoot out; love the throat shot
  29. Was it just me or did Carrie and Hood take their time lowing their guns when aimed at each other
  30. loved Job and Hood's convo: It's just a concussion~jackson pollack
  31. who are they going to see to get more fire power-I wanna know now
  32. rabbit's good insight-he was hunting them and now they are hunting him
  33. Brock and Emmett't nod--was it a goodbye nod or did brock call emmett to say hood's gone and he's probably involved in some nasty shit like last year and we should have his back~are you up for it
  34. Love this: Clayton doesn't trust Rebecca and she doesn't give a shit!
  35. I like the family dynamics of Rabbit and Ulrich (tight brothers but crazy "bad guys")
More+
Flag
OK. Can I play?
1. I think Job just got over all the indecision and let downs - particularly the diamond and relationship's going no where thang -and had one of his, "Fuck this shit" moments.
2. If your looking to go out NEVER be a bitch 'cause you'll have all of time to regret it. 3.Rule No.1 Never give away your identity/rank, it weakens your position - an S.A.S. mantra.
4. Job is what/whoever he needs to be darlin!
5. Particularly good to see Job/another get the juices flowing. Something they've no doubt consciously done more this season.
6. He's clearly always going to be second fiddle and they both know it which is sad. And he's a bit of a tit to me - long before being faced with a daily reminder.
7. Gentlemen and paedos prefer them, apparently there's studies.
8. Alma is the typical trope black lady that loves compliments/pastries from pretty/hard white boys and will do anything for them. But fun to watch Hood with her.
9. A great scene. Each needing reassurance in their moments of soulless crises.
10. Looked like he suffered more internal damage from the 'assault'. Hence the morphine and heart monitor. But what of the other two Hitler Youth loose ends?
11. Meh. It's usually some generic Euro/cock rock beats in those joints. I'm told. Oh and the never try the nuts they're known to carry multiple urine sources. There's more studies.
12. Affinity and guilt - while it lasts.
13. Fair point. Alex has a high failure rate but I'm trusting Hood expects them to weaken each other if nothing else.
14. Sugar is a fighter and so ultimately a survivor. He obviously wants Hood to win out in the end but can't guarantee it. And I think he wanted to get a read on whether Proctor would be sending spectacles any time soon in his usual vengeance fair.
15. Yes. They made her all-of-a-sudden into a needy and nagging fish wife. She was always needy in some way but I could only also assume that she's fallen even further than she dared and her fear of loss has made her a bit bats. Plus I never totally believed it was just her ex who was a bit cray cray.
16. Lonely/horny is the head that wears the crown. I take it that he has some idea of not only taking Kai out but his, kinda, squaw away too. Plus he seems to think he could control her. Yaha! Rebecca has seen Kai blow alex's plans up, literally, and I think she's still feeling her way.
17. Good to see just how wrong his mother was in some ways. He IS her and vice versa. That bitch scares me. No wonder the married men grow beards and don't 'let' their 'content' wives shave them.
18. Origins is cool - like deep throat Capt. mate, formerly of Oz. Are you racist - don't be down on ballers, damn it. ROFL.
19. Julian Sands is an English actor I grew up with and can do no wrong. The talk about believing in God was scarey. Fighting a nutty righteous man is the hardest. Rabbit can see his end and is on his knees praying, albeit too and typically late.
20. I love Job, his thoughts on how to live and his humour and, so his peril scenes get my adrenaline pumping. Tonight gave me flashes of some fucked up GoT killing. Nooooo!
21. It's a running theme for Brock to see any unexplained things to involve Hood - especially after scoping the place with him! Both Brock and Gordon are cowards/pack animals and both have ideas above their stations and know it - each when faced with Hood, slip into whiny beta mode.
22. Maybe George wants his tribe back and to give Alex some backbone to make it somewhere like it was. A leading council not a retreating one. Plus he misses calling someone son. Awe.
23. Yeah but I guess he's too scared of just what he'll hear. He's in a limited power position with her and if he has to see her as 'just' a victim breaking free, then he's left with even more guilt about virtual blow jobs, blow and bad parenting.
24. Siobhan thinks they are Thelma and Butch and wants Hood to but he keeps off for/with his own gang/self + answer 15!
25. Yeah, another Brock I know I'm not you and Hood thinking you don't want to be me but I'll throw you a bone.
26. Full of irony there too, with the concept of know one really knowing anyone or themselves at times.
27. Gordon is a desperate father Ostrich - head buried firmly in sand -, I think he just wanted to try any power play to see where Carrie would fall after all the supposed truths. He knew he couldn't shoot Hood. And sadly for him it made him look a tit, again, and get Deva rammed down his throat - not touching that!
28. Made me realise why my Grandparents always told me never go to hospital, 'cause you'll end up dead. There was I, like a fool, thinking it was an illness and/or age correlative. But Andrew Lincoln would be calling Starr to tell how he missed.
29. Not just you - reminded me of Face/Off.
30. Job has a point! No doubt a nod to an injoke.
31. Made me wonder too - be so good if it was his dad 0_0.
32. I was expecting some hakuna matata line! For a Priest, his brother's really piss poor.
33. Nah. Bidey Bye. Emmett's full of guilt and feelings of loss and Brock's full of self doubt.
34. I don't believe Rebecca, yet, anyway. And, spectacles was basically telling her I'm not gonna be your right hand - although he'd clearly like to spank her with it, no judgement here.
35. Ulrich is the scarier as; he's totally ruthless, self-righteous and smart enough to be in control and in full sight but out of it too. Rabbit, although powerful, will always be second to him. Thus I think it's not just a family bond but who and where they are in life too. Either would kill the other but Ulrich has God on his side to not even question why not.
Well that was fun. Just my views. Not gospel.
Oh and a leaving thought. There's so many male beards in this, perhaps Alma could be Jobs in a comedy scene?!
More +
Flag
That was fun but I gagged a little bit on the part about being down on ballers;-o lol
Flag
It's always a risk with it! 0_0 Soz, I'll stop now.
Flag
So, well, ok, indeed, good job!
Flag
Tankyou, I Tankyou my friend.
Flag
You're welcome and you absolutely deserved the same reward as @Vicky8675309 got :-)
Flag
So, well, ok, indeed, good job!
Flag
thanks;-) I got a bit OCD on this episode~lol
any insights on #16
Flag
She's hot. Also, I think that Kai thinks that Rebecca is naive and easily suggestible, he's underestimating her, but that's not surprising considering he's an idiot. Kai is second on my "I hope they die list". Three points for guessing who's top!
Flag
@Rolamb
Shenanigans can happen anywhere and in the preview (spoiler) posted above~~
I'm thinking it's Alex's hand choking Rebecca at the 0.22-0.23 mark then hopefully Clayton or Rebecca can kill Alex and then Kai will be free to take on Hood in season 3.
Flag
@TrevPlatt You know, I read 'Alex' and hadn't read 'Kai' in the first sentence of your comment. Re-reading it now I see you wrote something different. :-). How our minds can be influenced by the context we're reading these comments.

As the finale is in New York, there is little chance that Kai or Alex will die. All is well, as long as Nola returns :-)
Flag
@TrevPlatt
I thought that is what you meant.
Kai is underestimating her since he trusts her so much. Hasn't he learned that family can screw you over and not to underestimate women. She didn't give him a heads up on Hood being in the house and she went around his wishes by helping Juliette to escape. I think he is grooming her yet at the same time underestimates her. I want Kai alive and free so season 3 can be Kai vs Hood. Kai already promised revenge against Hood. Argh, we have to wait a year;-(
Flag
@Vicky8675309 and @Rolamb
Hahahaha! I'm an idiot. I was refering to Alex, not Kai - I do not want Kai to be killed off, he's awesome. I meant to say:

"She's hot. Also, I think that Alex thinks that Rebecca is naive and easily suggestible, he's underestimating her, but that's not surprising considering he's an idiot. Alex is second on my "I hope they die list". Three points for guessing who's top!"

Oops! I'm not so sure that Kai is underestimating her, I think he's trying to groom her for a leading role in the organisation and I think that's probably why Clay doesn't like her.
Flag
I think both Alex and Kai are underestimating Rebecca.
Top of list: Rabbit?
For me: Rabbit & Alex (then Nola can take over after she takes care of George--add George to The Kill List--great movie btw)
Flag
Your observation complements mine as far as I can see. Oh, and I will guess Alex :-), but only if Nora comes back. She is not an idiot and also very hot. Didn't we have a converstaion yesterday on what they might do together :-)
Flag
When I saw it, I had the same question. My grey cells then immediately responded with: "He wants to show her he is not afraid of them any more". Later when he came to the meat factory and he told her he 'likes her' (I do too :-)), he also said she has to make a choice. So now my grey cells jump in again and say: "He definitively wants to be the new big guy in Banshee by taking out Kai and siding up with Rebecca by buttering her up (or better, kissing up to her)". I am not so sure why he is feeling so safe about it.
Flag
@TrevPlatt I will settle for a cat fight then.......
Flag
Yes we did, but I doubt that that "pillow-fight scene" will ever happen (very unfortunately)!
Flag
1) Job was checking out the place but he saw an opportunity and took it. He said so himself to Hood.

2) It was quite funny in the hospital shoot-out. The "priest" was holding the nurse as hostage expecting Carrie to come out of hiding. Why would he think Carrie value an innocent more than he do. Carrie is not a cop. This is my one criticism for this episode. I am okay with your point 11. Not a criticism for me. The two killer "priest" was quite cool though, something new !
Flag
Rabbit is such a dangerous guy that it struck me as reckless to "check out that place" on his own. Maybe Job is more reckless then I thought (still adore him).
Flag
1. He didn't go there to kill Rabbit. He was just checking the place out, and didn't know that it was that full of murderers with guns. When he saw Rabbit getting a shave, he got greedy and thought "I can end this right now".

14. Sugar went there to find out if Proctor is pissed at him. Now he knows.

27-30. I agree especially strongly about these details.
Flag
Well, that was an eventful hour of television.

I assume that next weeks finale will mostly be New-York centric, so this weeks episode did more than set up the finale, it also seems to set up the town of Banshee for season 3:
  • Rebecca sits in Proctor's seat but the goons don't really trust her (yet?). She also seems more certain of her abilities and more determined to get her way. And to do stuff 'her' way.
  • Proctor gets compfortable in prison after his mom made him cry. Amazing - who would have though that possible?!
  • Brock is set up to become the new sherrif
  • Alex tries to keep Proctor in prison because he thinks Rebecca will be easy to deal with and manipulate. Oh how he will be mistaken - I think.
  • Emmett seems to be on the way out, maybe for good.
  • Sugar chose/got pushed to Hood's side of the Proctor - Hood animosity.
  • The Hopewell family seems to be back in decent enough shape. No predictions there :)
  • Finally there seems to be space opening up in Banshee for one or two new characters.
And then there are all the guys in NY. I expect an epic battle. They have yet to visit the gun-shop, so expect some insane firepower. I expect Reg Cathey to join the fight - ultimately on the side against Rabbit. Therefore Rabbit seems set up to die for good this time. The only one I expect to survive 100% is Hood, everyone else is more 'expendable' :D

Anyway - whatever really happens. I just hope it will be awsomely entertaining.
More+
Flag
Yep, another fantastic episode. This season has been nothing short of spectacular TV.

At first, I was a bit surprised at how much and how quickly the confrontation between Gordon and Hood escalated, but then I realized Gordon must have had a really bad case of blue balls. He'd been having some loving and tender sex with the woman he loves for the first time in a long time, and knock knock, he's stopped mid-coitus because of Hood. I'd probably pull a gun on a guy too in that situation, sheriff or not, hehe.

Yes, those first and last action scenes were awesome. I particularly loved the shooting (camera wise) of Job running out of the basement and to out of the church. It was beautiful. This front-tuck-and-roll to shoot behind him was particularly cool:

I love how all these different strings in the plots are escalating. I can't believe we're gonna have to wait SO long for most of these to get addressed -- I mean, there's only so much next week's finale can cover, right?

I really hope Emmett going down to Florida is just a brief getaway, and we see him return from his trip by next season. Unless something bad happens to him next week, of course. I really don't know what to expect in terms of death toll in the finale... Hood and Carrie seem like the only sure bets to stay alive, with Job and Proctor in a lower tier. Everybody else seems like fair game at this point, I think
More+
Flag
"If Job dies I'm out!" Is what I was thinking that whole opening scene! Just a high octane hour! I don't think Banshee needs to kill anyone but Rabbit and next season can focus on Proctor. Also I liked Rebecca's attitude towards Burton. That tipping off may cause some problems.
I do feel that Carrie needs to think about that fact that she is a mother. She's got kids!!! I know Hood messed a lot if shit up by coming back but can someone please mention that being a mother is more important than killing Rabbit or being killed? Oh and what's up with Sugar and Proctor?
Flag

Haha, poor Job.
Flag
"Watch your language"
"F*ck you motherf*cker"

HAHAHAHA, Jobs always as the right answer...

One thing I find a bit disappointing: Rabbit will still be "the bad guy" of this season finale. So we'll pretty much have a repeat of last year's finale. They go to him instead of him going to them. I was hoping more for a finale showdown between Proctor and hood. Maybe it will still happen though, we'll see. I really hope they end up killing him. I don't want the series to keep focusing on him next season. I also kind of hope they'll kill a series regular for a change. I like them but invincible characters tend to make a show "boring" They need to keep us on our tows at all time.

I hope Nola will come back, I miss her.
I thought Sugar would go save Job with Hood and Carrie.
Flag
On a more positive note, the hospital glazier will be looking at some serious overtime...
Flag
Kendall took care of the hospitalized skinhead

Kendall? That guy's name is Clay Burton.
Flag
Wow - that was 49 minutes of high octane edge of he seat tension and action. I can't remember a show that's delivered so much to its viewers. Next week - who knows. Certainly a big shoot-out is on the cards but who will survive? Will Hood go back to being Sheriff of Banshee? Will Carrie go back to Gordon (who was supposed to be a Marine but he seems way too whimpy - Marines aren't often dope smoking crybabies). Anything could happen next week but it's sure to be one hell of an episode. Thank you 'Banshee' for one of the best shows ever.
Flag
I thought set-up episodes were supposed to be boring? That doesn't apply to Banshee obviously. This episode had a lot of stuff that you would want from Banshee. Burton killing somebody in a creepy fashion, Job being a funny badass, Hood and Carrie being a kickass duo etc.. I was on the edge of my seat during both big action scenes with Job, and I thought he was a goner too. Hopefully Job won't die, but if he does, the finale would be the place to do it. It would've been tough going into the finale with Job dead. I keep hearing from people that have seen the finale say it's the Banshee's own "red wedding." The finale will obviously focus on the last stand with Rabbit and his brother, which will be exciting, but where will that leave the rest of the cast? I think we should start making our death pools.

Awesome episode. It will no doubt be a kickass, but devastating finale.
Flag
"I thought set-up episodes were supposed to be boring? That doesn't apply to Banshee obviously."

Ha, my thoughts exactly. Most shows' setup episodes are slow and... setupy. Banshee apparently didn't get the memo -- luckily for us.
Flag
Damn was it on tonight!!!!

'"It's Proctor, it's on the house." Not a fan of Siobhan getting all clingy and naggy, her character was stronger than that.

Job lives, and he kicks even more ass than ANYONE of us thought he could!!!!! Burton had a years worth of dialogue tonight. For your consideration...
Nola and Chayton will probably be back, plus we have to deal with Rabbit and Proctor. Do you realize how awesome next week will be??
Flag
How was she "naggy"? Was it that she objected to the absurd statement "true justice is personal"?

How was she "clingy"? I have tried to think of something she said or did that can be interpreted that way, but I can't think of anything.
Flag
She was naggy with her "what about us" attitude that she had on display. She was clingy with her "don't go, stay here" rant. Remember, Hood warned her and was hesitant to mess with her in the first place.

Matter of fact, after they sleep together for the first time, he (uncomfortably) approached her about it, to which she responded "no problem boss."

She knew then and before what she was getting into, so it makes no sense to start acting this way now. I know when you get it "put" on you it changes the way you think and act, but I see no need for them to write her
character like that now.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members
  • 8:00 pm
    Hunted Poking the Bear
    NEW
    CBS
  •  
    Blindspot Draw O Caesar, Erase a Coward
    NEW
    NBC