A Banshee Community
Friday 10:00 PM on Cinemax

How you say— "BANSHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"?

I believe that's the appropriate response to the following news, which is that Cinemax has announced a premiere date for Banshee's second season. The series will officially return to your television sets on Friday, January 10 at 10pm. I know that feels like forever from now, but just think of it as having a couple of extra months to re-watch Season 1. 

Banshee, which is co-executive-produced by True Blood creator Alan Ball, stars Antony Starr as Lucas Hood, an ex-con who assumes the identity of the sheriff of Banshee, Pennsylvania, where he continues his criminal activities. The town is also home to Ivana Milicevic's Carrie Hopewell, a notorious jewel thief living under an assumed identity; Ulrich Thomsen's Kai Proctor, a wealthy businessman who basically thinks the law doesn't apply to him; and Frankie Faison's Sugar Bates, a former boxer and ex-con who owns the local watering hole. 

Admittedly I'm not very familiar with Banshee, but I know it's quite popular around these parts. And the titular town sounds shady as hell. How would you explain the show to the uninitiated? What would to say to convince someone to watch? And this is probably a stupid question, but are you excited for Season 2?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 3/14/2014

Season 2 : Episode 10

72 Comments