A Banshee Community
Cinemax (ended 2016)
Hey guys! I'm interviewing a few of the producers on Friday afternoon. I'd love to include some of your questions, so put 'em here!

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/20/2016

Season 4 : Episode 8

Comments (80)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Jan 24, 2015
What thell happened to Hoods/Antony Starr's hand, why is it always bandaged after a certain week in I guess I season 1?
Flag
Nov 17, 2014
It's been said already but..... Is Nola coming back?
Flag
Mar 07, 2014
[1] Will Nola be back in S3 to shake up things in 'absence' of Alex?

[2] Please ask the Banshee folks to reduce the size of hashtag on the show. I want to see the perkiness of Lili and curviness of Trieste without the label getting in the way.

[3] Where is the support for LGBT story line? Wants to see more girl-on-girl action, guys.

[4] No more body doubles in love scenes. I'm looking at you Odette.

[5] Can we expect new characters in S3?

Flag
Mar 08, 2014
What about some guy-on-guy? That would also show some support for LGBT. Bit of romance for Job?
Flag
Mar 12, 2014
Job and Sugar forever :)
Flag
Mar 08, 2014
I will not be into guy on guy but definitely think Job should get some love.
Flag
Mar 07, 2014
Ask a lot of behind the scenes questions! Weirdest moment, funniest moment, most difficult scene, pranks, etc !!!
Flag
Mar 07, 2014
Are we ever going to find out Hood's real name/identity and what he did before going to work for Rabbit?
Flag
Mar 08, 2014
This one was asked in an interview before the season started. Hood answer is maybe never. I think at this point, its not really important we know his name or not.
Flag
Mar 09, 2014
I wouldn't mind knowing a little more of his pre-Rabbit background, but I don't ever want them to answer that question where his identity is concerned. I do though wish they'd "play it up" a little more.

There's A LOT of "who are you?" with regard to Hood, but almost none with regard to the person who assumed Hood's character.

I mean, when they're alone, what do Anna/Carrie and Job call him? Hood refers to them by name all the time, but never the other way around.
Flag
Mar 07, 2014
How many seasons to tell the full story?
Flag
Mar 07, 2014
What is Job up to when not saving 'Hood' and 'Carrie' or insulting strangers?

Is the apartment above 'The Forge' Sugar's only rental property?

What happened to the 2nd oldest family in Banshee this year, where has Kat Moody been?

Is Jason's mom looking for him?

Who do you want to get to play 'Hood's dad?

When is Nola returning?

Do you have a part in mind for Mr. Yaitanes former lead Hugh Laurie?

Please tell me that isn't the last we see of Emmett Yawners.

Is any other show on television shooting their episodes as crazy as 'Banshee' does?

How much easier does getting this show made become having Alexa Fogel casting it?

Is Reg E. Cathey going to make it on the show?

Any rivalry between Ulrich Thomsen and his friend and fellow Dane Mads Mikkelsen on who is the best show on Friday nights at 10pm?

I'd like to thank all of the people involved for making one of the best shows on television and proving Friday is anything but the night television shows go to die.

Sorry so late - sorry not too late, wisdom teeth removed this week.
More+
Flag
Mar 07, 2014
Hugh Laurie would awesome on Banshee!
And I hope he gets to ask this "What is Job up to when not saving 'Hood' and 'Carrie' or insulting strangers?"

Flag
Mar 07, 2014
No questions. Just thank them sincerely for a job well done.
Flag
Staff
Mar 07, 2014
Thanks for all these guys. Obviously won't be able to get to them all, but I'll try my best. Look for the interview after the finale.
Flag
Mar 07, 2014
DO NOT CONDUCT THE INTERVIEW IN A F*CKING STARBUCKS!
Flag
Mar 07, 2014
Sheriff Hood never loses a fight. Are you going to bring Godzilla to Banshee to get us on the edge of our seats?
Flag
Mar 08, 2014
He lost against the Indian guy, only for help he'd be done for. Same when he turned himself in to Rabbit. Also Hood is still alive, but he does get seriously beat up. I like that he isn't invincible.
Flag
Mar 07, 2014
okay, a serious question: Will Quentin Tarantino ever direct an episode or season finale?
Flag
Mar 12, 2014
This is his wheelhouse. That would be awesome. But leave the finales for Yataines.
Flag
Mar 08, 2014
I loved this question too !
Flag
Mar 07, 2014
  • Will there be any episode when Hood does not fuck?
  • Should there be an episode when Hood does not fuck?
  • What does he take to be able to fuck after a day or night of fighting for his life, kicking ass, or having his ass kicked? where can I buy it?
  • Aside from frontal fucking, can we hope to see more elaborate positions , some Kama Sutra perchance?
  • Will we see the girls fighting for Hood's favor's, in which case, which babe has the better chance of winning?

Flag
Mar 08, 2014
I loved your questions !
Flag
Mar 08, 2014
Thank you for getting the joke. :-)
Flag
Mar 06, 2014
I haven't read the comments since I don't want to forget my questions. Sorry if duplicates.
  • How many seasons do you already have the story for?
  • How many seasons to tell the full story?
  • How much of the Banshee universe have we seen?
  • Will we learn more of "Hood's" backstory/background?
  • Who is responsible for all the kick ass female characters (strong female characters)?
  • Will we learn more about Job and are there any plans for expanding his "arc" (whatever the word is~~you know what I mean)
  • What guest stars would you like to see on Banshee?
  • How thrilled are you with the grassroots movement that "forced" sites like this to review the show (strong and vocal fan base) and why are other sites so "stupid" since they haven't figured out the awesomeness of Banshee (feel free to re-word this question)?
  • How much of the fight scenes are written by the writers and how much is improvised/created by the fight choreographers? FYI: the writers and choreographers are fabulous
  • What are the pros and cons of Banshee being on Cinemax from a producer standpoint? Do they allow more creative freedom than other networks and/or is it a better fit from Banshee?
  • Who came up with the idea of Origins (clips of scenes online)?
  • Does Cinemax factor in dvr and online streaming when deciding to renew and if so then how much (if you know)?
  • Do you have a breakdown on the demographics of Banshee fans? If so then I would be interested to see the % that are female, male, age ranges, etc.
  • Can I have free Banshee promotional stuff? *most important:-)
  • Can I have free Banshee promotional stuff? *most important:-) just in case you forgot
I'm sure I will think of more questions~this is just off the top of my head
More+
Flag
Mar 12, 2014
You did all Corey's work for him. He needed you there.
Flag
Mar 06, 2014
Have you ever watched Banshee in a Starbucks?
Flag
Mar 07, 2014
...And what would you order?
Flag
Mar 07, 2014
Banana Nut Bread! Seriously, they have great banana nut bread.
Flag
Mar 07, 2014
Do you recommend watching Banshee in a Starbucks?
Flag
Staff
Mar 07, 2014
I've actually watched at least three episodes of S2 in Starbucks
Flag
Mar 06, 2014
What did Nola do in the years before she came back to Banshee (Nanda Parbat?)

What made Rebecca choose to go outside the Amish

How/where did Kai get his fighting abilities?

Will we ever see Hood's (insert real name) parents?

Why did only Rabbit recognise Hood from the films on YouTube and nobody else?

Would Kai kill Hood if he knew he had been with Rebecca?

Have to go to sleep now ......
Flag
Mar 07, 2014
Fake answers:
1. whatever the hell she wanted to do
2. to avoid inbreeding;-)
3. practice, practice, practice (watching youtube)
4. watch helix to learn the origin of the man known as "Hood"
5. he's obsessed (along the lines of The Police's lyrics:
"Every breath you take
Every move you make
Every bond you break
Every step you take
I'll be watching you."
6. real answer: he knows and they fought about it but then needed each other (hmm, now I'm questioning my memory)
Flag
Mar 07, 2014
Helix? No matter what you say, I refuse to go back to watching that crap!

I thought Kai already knows that Rebecca and 'Hood' had been sleeping together. The better questions would be, when Rabbit inevitably returns to Banshee will Kai help 'Hood' to get rid of him again?
Flag
Mar 06, 2014
when will they reveal Lucas Hood real name?
Will their be a Banshee prequel ?
Flag
Mar 07, 2014
I like the idea of a prequel... and a Job spin-off!
Flag
Mar 07, 2014
His name will be revealed in the last episode if they ever reveal it. It's been asked on several interviews (good question though)
Flag
Mar 07, 2014
Cheers What about a banshee prequel?
Flag
Mar 06, 2014
If you had to pick one, which one would be your favorite episode of the season, for both S1 and S2?
Flag
Mar 06, 2014
ARRRRGH! SO MANY QUESTIONS!!!!

So...

* Will the safe that was in the back of Lucas Hood's car in the pilot ever come in play again or are you just going to refer to it only in the opening credit from now on?
* What the hell is going on in Rebecca's head when it comes to Kai? Is she an ally of her uncle or an enemy?
* Seriously... Emmet isn't off the show, right?
* What's going on with the Moody family?
* Nola is coming back right? And, if so, can we finally expect Odette Annable to actually go toe-to-toe/fist-to-fist against someone, ANYONE, EVERYONE???
* Why did it take so long for the show soundtrack to come out?
* Will they ever been any backstory about the genesis of the relationship between Hood and Job, which would explain why those two are so tight?
* How seriously does Siobhan takes her current relationship with Hood?
* How on Earth didn't Gordon, who suspected Hood with everything under the sun, suspect him yet to be Deva's biological father? Guys in similar, but way less dramatic, situations than him would have made the connection immediately.

Alright... my tank seems to be empty now.
More+
Flag
Staff
Mar 07, 2014
Having seen the last two episodes of the season, I'll tell you that many of these Qs are addressed--if not flat-out answered.
Flag
Mar 07, 2014
I doubt the producer will give spoilers and we know the answer to when hood's real name will be revealed.
Don't forget the promotional items…lol, j/k (not really).
I am so envious that you have seen the last two episodes.
Flag
Staff
Mar 07, 2014
And the soundtrack is out, btw
Flag
Mar 07, 2014
Already have it. Just wondering why did it take so long to come out.
Flag
Mar 06, 2014
Jeez, If ever I thought of so many questions. Great job!
Flag
Mar 06, 2014
Firstly, I want to echo some others in that Banshee is a fantastic TV series that is very well made and very entertaining.

Was there ever a fight scene that you decided to completely abandon because it was too dangerous? If so, what specifically made it so dangerous (obviously)?

Will Carrie and Nola ever get to have "a rumble"?

Are we going to get to spend more time with "Hood" and Deva? Those two are great together.

Are there more great guest appearances in the works, a la Andrew Howard and Zeljko Ivanek?

Thanks Cory.
Flag
Mar 06, 2014
Sorry Trev, but reading it I got a mental picture and had to ask "Will Carrie and Nola ever make out"
Flag
Mar 07, 2014
That may have also been going through my mind...
Flag
Mar 06, 2014
My mental picture was of them having a naked pillow fight.
Flag
Mar 07, 2014
With Rebecca playing the winner?
Flag
Mar 08, 2014
@TrevPlatt In that case I will have to go for four-for one. That would be me of course, although I'm not sure I will survive.
Flag
Mar 07, 2014
@Rolamb Unfortunately there's four of them! Carrie, Nola, Rebecca and Siobhan, does four-for-all work?
Flag
Mar 07, 2014
@TrevPlatt Misspelled? Did you mean a 'three for all'? I'm all in!
Flag
Mar 07, 2014
I don't think we she should make her, or Siobhan, have to wait before joining in, let them have a free-for-all!
Flag
Mar 06, 2014
Not a bad question...
Flag
Mar 06, 2014
What is going on with Proctor and Rebecca? Ask them about the weird sexual stuff that's going on between them. You can probably phrase it better though :)
Flag
Mar 06, 2014
I had the same question posted but obviously I didn't push the save button;

Would it be possible that Rebecca is not Kai's' niece by blood. For instance as in 'her father married Kai's sister after his first wife died 10 years ago'?
Flag
Mar 06, 2014
Ya maybe they will do something that they are not blood related. Would that open it up for something to actually happen between them? Under no circumstances do I want to see them go at it. It's creepy as hell even if they aren't related.
Flag
Mar 06, 2014
Now if it's creepy that would be different from the rest of Banshee ;-)
Flag
Mar 06, 2014
Who else did they audition for Anthony Starr's role? Its just that I find him a bit bland!
Flag
Mar 06, 2014
S1 was such an epic love story and drama, S2 has so far spent an inordinate amount of time "investigating crimes". Any chance S3 will return back to the S1 roots, which IMO was the best season of any series on TV?
Flag
Mar 06, 2014
Do they have the ending in mind and how many seasons are they going to take to get there?

Why do they feel that the death of Jason is enough to warrant Hood going after Proctor?

Is Nola going to come back any time soon?

And more of a statement. This show has some of the most realistic fight choreography that I have seen on a show. Kudos to them for taking it serious. I mean really it is almost one of the characters.

Flag
Mar 06, 2014
Does Hood's backstory (childhood) explain his reaction about Jason's death or is it due to his caring nature:-)
Flag
Mar 07, 2014
Oooo that is a good one. Will Hood's real name and background ever be revealed?
Flag
Mar 07, 2014
Hood's real name won't be revealed until the final episode but maybe they could put his background (everything before Carrie) on The Origins if it doesn't fit in with the direct the show wants to go
Flag
Mar 07, 2014
@Mate
I think Siobhan is questioning his actions but I don't think him being an impostor is on her radar~hmm, not sure.
I really did what to know what she would of asked him if she had the chance...

Hey Cory---& ask them "what would Siobhan have asked Hood during that "ask him anything" scene if she would have asked him a question". Feel free to re-word that awkwardly phrased question.
Flag
Mar 07, 2014
I used to think that until he told Siobhan that she could ask him anything? If she asks him who he really is, does he respond with the ID that Carrie knew him under and the name he went to prison under or his real name. The way things are shaping up with him and Siobhan I am not sure he responds with merely another cover id. Though this theory is only valid depending on where they intend for their relationship to go.

But I do agree not knowing until the end would be the better story.
Flag
Mar 06, 2014
Hood, Carrie, and Proctor still get plenty of attention, but we seem to be seeing more episodes this season focused on secondary characters like Emmett, Siobhan, Longshadow, etc. As much as we saw secondary characters in the first season, do you feel like the show has become more of an ensemble-cast drama since you first started, and if so, was it a conscious effort or a natural progression?

-- I don't know how true that is, actually, so of course, feel free to ask it only if you sort of agree with it, hehe --

Plenty of Banshee's fights and kills are quite gory and/or wild (in awesome ways, of course). Have the producers and writers ever had a scene you felt you had to dial back a bit, or is it the opposite and you try to get as crazy and gory as you realistically can?

Who enjoys their makeup and hair styles more, Hoon Lee or Ryann Shane?

Flag
Mar 06, 2014
great question: Have the producers and writers ever had a scene you felt you had to dial back a bit, or is it the opposite and you try to get as crazy and gory as you realistically can?
Flag
Mar 06, 2014
Do they get to blow up real buildings and factories or is it CGI or models?

What made them do those short scenes at the end of the episode?

Do they already have a multi-season arc and if so, how many seasons?

As a basis for the show, which kind of relations (I do not mean which relations) do they believe are/should be long lasting and which are short.

Could they please lend me one of the main women for some time? Any one will do!
Flag
Mar 06, 2014
What was the most time intensive fight scene to co-ordinate

Has anyone been injured during the fight scenes

What was your favorite Job outfit

Are there plans for more of the 'Origins' shorts and who came up with the idea for them

Will Quentins boss be making an appearance

Does Lili Simmons know who the Yellow King is on True Detective
Flag
Mar 06, 2014
To maybe be a bit more precise on the question of "Has anyone been injured during the fight scenes" you might also want to ask:

Why is Antony Starr wearing a tape / bandage on his wirst in most of this seasons episodes or what happened that caused him an injury that requires it. And what is that injury?

BTW: the last question is just .... mean :D
Flag
Mar 06, 2014
But if she knows and let it slip = AWESOME!!!
Flag
Mar 06, 2014
Thanks for the heads-up GC!
Flag
Mar 06, 2014
no prob
Flag
Follow this Show
Members