Banshee

The Thunder Man

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Jan 17, 2014 on Cinemax

• The Thunder Man

Another fast-moving, full of action episode of Banshee. The violence never ceases to surprise or entertain me from this show.

I'm also glad they ended the bad ex story two episodes in instead of dragging that cliched nonsense throughout the entire season.
  • A Bible Friendly Family Show

Raise your hand if you enjoyed Siobbhan's fight! I know I did. I'm not mentionning Carrie's, not because I didn't enjoy it, I just enjoyed Siobbhan's more and I'm rooting for her and Lucas to hook up. I sound like a teenager, sorry. A big thank you to the showrunners for giving me hope that it can happen. But as excited as I am, I'm also afraid that she's just going to be another notch on Lucas' bedpost (now I sound like a romance novel, sorry). But I'm hoping that, Carrie being in prison will give Lucas' time to really think and since we all know that he's going to stick around, try to move on ( and as you all guessed, I would love it, if he moved on with Siobbhan).

Family is at the center of Banshee, no matter how twisted and f*** up each relationship are and I'm loving watching how each character is reacting to threats made against their family: Mother, daughter; husband, wife; boss, employee; brother, sister; uncle, niece.

Though, I have to say that , there is a family that I'm not that interested in, it's the Longshadow, no matter how much Nola can fight. Sometimes, when you have an ensemble cast and too many arc, is can hurt the show. It's not that I don't feel for Alex, but he really is weak compared to Nola and I don't see that changing in the next episode. Or maybe it will. For me the center of the show is Lucas. I just hope that the showrunner haven't forgotten that either and there is going to be an good story for him in this new season. I don't like to see him as a errand boy to Proctor or pining away at Carrie. Two things that I hope the writers will remedy. In the mean time, I'll still be watching.