Banzai

Banzai Fan Reviews (10)

7.1
  • Place your bets NOW!

7.8
    A very Random show that has you bet (well, guess from multiple choices) on outcomes of stupid practical jokes or obscure tests. It can be very hit or miss but you are bound to laugh out loud at least once per show, mostly at the ongoing commentary by Burt Kwouk and some other Japanese guy. Regulars include Mr Shake Hands Man (how long can he shake hands with a celebrity before they pull away) and Lady One question (asks only one question to a celebrity and see how long it takes them to talk and walk away). Examples of Random games to bet on among others include: 'who will choose the spring loaded umbrella and shoot it in their face', 'Which man dressed as Freddie Mercury will hang the longest from a goal post', 'which set of breasts are fake', 'Will the psychic Lady Diana doll thrown from a 10 storey building by parachute land on yes or no in answer to a question' and 'will the black or the white knight win the trolley joust'. It also includes other random animated games that can't be played for real due to obvious pain reasons. Like hit the tied up gimp man in the nads with a tennis ball. These are actually really funny most of the time. If you like very random humour, over excited japanese men commentating and don't mind partial nudity now and again you should find this very funny.

Place your bets NOW!

P.S. I only watched the special DVD so all bets quoted can be found on there, well worth it, should only be a couple of quid by now.
  • I liked it, but I think I could've used my time better...

6.8
    Banzai is a fun, interactive show where you'll be guessing what the outcome is going to be in some completely random situation. For example, I remember there were some common skits where a woman posing as a reporter would ask celebrity a question, and wouldn't say anything else. Even once the person stopped answering, she would just say nothing. And it was the viewer's to guess how long the celebrity would wait for the reporter to say something until walking away. There was also this other guy that would greet someone and start to shake hands until the other person finally let go. Banzai can be a fun show to watch (and play), but it does get to be a little bit too strange for me sometimes.
  • This show is one of those shows that makes you want to grab the remote and DVR it. It\'s got everything a good show could ever need. They definately think things through about coming up with very, very original betting sequences.

This show is one of those shows that makes you want to grab the remote and DVR it. It\'s got everything a good show could ever need. They definately think things through about coming up with very, very original betting sequences. I was not aware that it was on British television before the USA, which is kind of. Then again, italways seems like Britain gets all the crazy weird shows first. I actually though, remember watching Banzai back in \'03 or \'04 when it was originally on FOX network. Being only on for a couple of episodes, I payed no attention to it. Maye because there was no interactivity on-line on the G4 website, where you can place your bets in a Flash version of the show.
  • This was beyond funny

I loved this show. It was hillarious. I loved how it made fun of everything. No onw was safe from this show. It seemed so popular too. Everyone was always talking about it. Then it disappeared. I have seen more epsidos as reruns on i think g4 but it should have been renewed. I loved how they had the one question girl with the movie stars. It showed how dumb most of the actors really are. That was the best part for me. Most of the other skits were very funny too. It really was a crude show though. IT had a lot of raunchy things on it like guess which boobs were real and things like that.
  • To be a teenager in this day in age is hard enough yet alone trying to bring up our kids now.

To be a teenager in this day in age is hard enough yet alone trying to bring up our kids now. Home and Away gives that sense of confidence to be able to cope and understand what can and could happen to any kids or adults in real life. I myself have had a few experiences like anyone else and too have this show in my life it is like a blessing.
  • G4 what the heck is it this time! Great job..you choose something called bonzai? I LOVE IT!

WOW! BOY! G4 really knew how to choose a nice little game! You can play on the net or with your foot... I love bonzai. It an amazing little betting game that filled my heart with joy... and more joy. I think Bonzai is a great way too show what game shows should be. Interative fun!
  • Banzai was a funny game show that I never got time to grow into and fully appreciate, because the show must've lacked viewers. Truly underappreciated!

7.7
    I watched this one episode where they had silly competitions, that only single, middle-aged losers would bet on, but who says you have to bet? The events are hilarious, and I love stupid humor more than any type of humor! My favorite event, was when they had two people steal a car, and see who could get out of the parking lot quicker. They called one of them 50 Cent, and the other one Eminem, of course it wasn't really them, or else they'd be facing serious jail time. But I doubt they were really stealing someone's car, that'd just be wrong. Maybe that's why the show ended?
  • Messed up Chinese or Japanese guys saying Place Yo BETS!! and BANZAI! While showing ridiculous competions.

6.2
    What a show. I couldn't beleive that I actually watched the stupid thing, but after a while it got a little funny. The weird slogans were annoyingly funny. Not a show that I would die if I missed an episode but it is moderately watchable. I recommend this show to people who like incredably stupid shows.
  • Interactive guessing by the audience in response to silly competitions and situations the show stages.

This is very close to being the perfect summer show. I didn't vote, but if it was revived, I definately would vote now!

Mr.One Question was the best, squirmy segment I've ever sat through! I enjoyed guessing, in the safety of my living room, what would happen next. Or what would happen to who!

Fox could do worse for a summer franchise than Banzai, a show that thrives on goofy but interesting dares, situations, and stunts.
  • An interactive game show

I truly miss this show! I watch all the reruns on Comedy Central. When this show first aired on FOX, I was a little skeptical. But I have to admit that playing along was fun! Yes, it was a little campy but it was also enjoyable. I miss this show!