Barbara Mandrell and the Mandrell Sisters

NBC (ended 1982)

Barbara Mandrell and the Mandrell Sisters Fan Reviews (3)

6.6
  • This show was a big hit for NBC but Barbara had to cancel the show due to physical exhaustion.

This show was the epitome of a variety show: talented stars, witty writing, legendary guest stars, great ratings, etc etc. This show had a mixture of glamour and hokiness at the same time, if you know what I mean. I miss this show and can't wait for it to come out on DVD!!!
  • Barbara Mandrell and the Mandrell Sisters really A-MA-ZING! If everything on television these days are as good as Barbara Mandrell and the Mandrell Sisters, I don't think I'll ever remove myself from the television set.

Barbara Mandrell and the Mandrell Sisters really A-MA-ZING! If everything on television these days are as good as Barbara Mandrell and the Mandrell Sisters, I don't think I'll ever remove myself from the television set. Whoever came up with the idea behind SHOW is a genius!I love this show very much!!!
  • Great variety series

I was a huge fan of both Barbara and Louise Mandrell in the early 80's and loved the variety show they did with their sister Irlene. They would sing, dance, do skits and end each show with a gospel number. The girls were very talented. Barbara and Louise could play several instruments. Irlene seemed to only play the drums and I guess she wasn't much of a singer because I don't recall her ever doing a solo number like her sisters did each week. The show was a hit, but the grind of doing a weekly series was too much for the ladies, who were still concert performers as well, so the show ended after two seasons.