The Barbershop Series

Showtime (ended 2005)

The Barbershop Series Fan Reviews (13)

• Barbershop, based on the successful MGM feature films. Most of the characters from the popular "Barbershop" movies have been retained, headed by Calvin, the reluctant hero and neighborhood confessor who runs the barbershop he inherited from his father.

They need to bring this series back on television. It was hilarious, fun and cool to watch on television when it was airing. I use to watch it every week when it came on. It was a great series with a wonderful cast and crew who made me laugh a lot of times. I also loved the story lines of each episodes. For anyone who love both the movies, which this series is based on, then you will want to watch this series. So go and find the series and watch it because even though it have its flaws, it is really funny and good to watch.
  • well first of all i live this movie and i all so love part to of this movie man d-jay is so freaking funny man.

6.9
    MAN i love that movie cause its very good for like business people.like to teach about alot of problem so some people can say that\\\\\\\'s a good movie but then alot of people do not like thing like that cause when some body try to brive people out of things like that people get mad but for the must of it i like the movie.so really if u want to see a good movie then go cup that my boy are girl.but hen there was a braking point of the movie when cavin thought there was no body the turn to then there was..
  • He is in prison for breaking the AVO and that just by trying to call her.

He is in prison for breaking the AVO and that just by trying to call her. She is upset about it and want to help him. It is just so unfair on him all this and he asks her if they can use her money shes going to spend on buying Alexes part of the gym to buy him out. He tells her that she will get her money back because he knows Kane is going to win the court case and it is important to him that his friends have trust in him. She is not sure if getting him out of prison is the right thing, but she agree with him and gives him the money to get him home.
  • This show is a spin-off from the movie "Barber Shop" which starred Ice Cube the producer of this show.

I absolutely looove this show and just wish they would bring

it back. It was a good syndication and is very good. Ice

Cube did a good job producing this show. This is a very good

spin-off from the movie. The actors were very good at

picking up where the actors in the movie left off. They

really imitated the actors in the movie greatly.
  • You could tell right from the start that tonight’s episode was going to be a good one. In the previous cliff-hanger we were left with a fatal car crash, not knowing anything else about the accident besides the fact that it happened.

You could tell right from the start that tonight’s episode was going to be a good one. In the previous cliff-hanger we were left with a fatal car crash, not knowing anything else about the accident besides the fact that it happened. Tonight’s story opens with Alf in a dark hospital waiting room. In the background two nurses are talking. One says "he hasn't said a word since he found out". The other replies: "Some people need time... she's only been dead for 2 hours".
  • Bad spin-off

5.5
    With the season finale airing last night, I want to take this time to say that this show could've been better. The characters were so cartoonish (especially the Terri character). I only liked maybe two episodes from this season. The show would've been better if it were an hour drama instead of a sitcom. Alot of the stories were very stereotypical and silly. Omar Gooding was the only reason that I actually stayed tuned to this awful series. His portrayal of Ice Cube's "Calvin" was very enjoyable. If the series gets picked up for a second season, the writers had better be good and some of the actors need to be replaced.
  • If you didnt watch Barber shop the movie..this is good..but for people who prefer the movie, what do you expect, do you want them to almost loose the shop every episode?!

I thought this show was very hilarious, they deal with some very realistic issues in this show...like that one episode "Nigger Lovers" if its okay to date outside of the race, some may seem this show as a gimmick, and i can see why, but grant it for what it is. It is a series based on the movie. Expect different things, Barbershop the series isnt going to be the same as the movie.
  • how can u a make a barbershop tv series a when movie was mdeiocre an b without any of the cast especially cedric the entertainer and Ice cube.

2.2
    Not even worth watching a horrible show just a complete rip off of the movie. i watched the movies and did not find them that great. The first movie i fell asleep too. Without the strong cast of barbershp the movie this show will sink that is the only reason people watched barbershop because it had an actor you new.
  • This one funny ass show!

I love this series already, man episode 2 got me hooked and I ain't talking 'bout Star Wars. The funniest line in that show which I can't stop cracking up about and I quote "Now, all I said was that Michael Jackson is a rascist, because he only F**ks little white boys. So, what d'you think Calvin?"

Sorry, but this show is funny as hell!!

Peace!
  • if you like the movie you might like this...they tried to get actors to fill the roles...

if you like the movie you might like this...they tried to get actors to fill the roles..If you never saw the movie you might like it ..Me i like some good hummor..but some fans may not like it since it doesnt have at least some of the main actors....But i still think it worth watching.
  • Big surprise... with little or no black comedy left on primetime/late-night TV (see ya Chappelle!) we see a Movie to TV no-surprise here.

0.0
    When will TV/Cable execs learn...? Just because a movie does somewhat well in the theaters, they decide to port it over to TV and attempt to milk the hell outta the popularity from certain demographics. I seriously doubt this will last a couple episodes more and if for some backwards-ass reason, am sure it won't take another season. What a waste of money and time. Go back to the drawing board!
  • How can you have Barbershop without Ice Cube and Cedric The Entertainer?

2.5
    I liked both the Barbershop movies, but not the show. You can't have a Barbershop show without the actors. You know they aren't going to be in teh series, so why would you want to make a show like this about it? This series is a sad excuse for a show. It's not as funny as the movies and should've never been put on the ait!
  • The worse show ever made!!! Don't waste your time.

HATED IT!!! This show was the worse thing they could of came up with, I thought it was going to be funny since \\\"Barbershop\\\" is one of my favorite movies I thought they could have had a better story line, and they need to give the one with the braids more things to say than the \\\"B\\\" word that is a complete turn off I can\\\'t stand it. The original cast of Barbershop should be ashamed at how they were portrayed in this series, I hate to see black shows go down like that. I do not know if I will be watching this again, I wish it got better and if it did then I would write a positive response about it, but until then this one shall stand. Ice Cube I thought better of you, don\\\'t let your writers, producers and directors make a fool out of you.