Bargain Hunt

Weekdays 12:10 PM on BBC Premiered Mar 13, 2000 Between Seasons

Bargain Hunt Fan Reviews (6)

• Working with us would it make a difference?

Please check us at and if agree with us, introduce us to your friends to join us globally

Regards Eva
  • Tim Wonnacott over the top.

I used to love watching the show but now find that Tim Wonnacotts voice gets on my nerves so much that I have stopped watching it, he thinks he is a film star the way he can't take his eyes off the camera and his much repeated sayings are crudd, sorry but I just turn over to something else, I think the show itself is very good apart from him
  • bargin hunters tops all

by dave

I live in Australia and watch this show every chance I get. bloody top show. wish it would come to australia
  • It shouldn't work but...

7.8
    Two teams look for bric-a-brac to resell at auction, the team that earns the biggest profit wins. That simple. Should be as exciting as taking your grandmother shopping but somehow David Dickinson, eccentric host of this slow paced Brit game show, keeps things interesting with his cynical asides casting doubt on competitors' choices and drawing out interesting trivia from the experts on hand guiding the teams on their thrifty spending sprees. And somehow the climactic auction at the end of each episode becomes edge-of-the-seat viewing as you either root for your favourites or wish failure on the team most annoying you. You can also enjoy the value-added experience at guessing what price the items up for auction will come in at - "What!?! No way could that broken vase be worth ninety pounds!!!" Ah yes, the joys of television at its most basic.
  • A drab twist on the antiques show genre

5.5
    Give the participants a few hundred British Pounds; let them loose in an estate sell or flea market; and let them bring the "bargains" they find to auction. The "winners" get to keep any profit they make on the auction.

I've looked in on BBC America's broadcast of this show several times, but I haven't seen a winner yet. Every team always overpays for some piece of ceramic, wooden, or silver piece of junk and then finds themselves utterly stunned when they try to resell their bargain at an auction that usually gathers from 33 to 55 percent less than their purchase price.

The lasting message from this show is that the people in flea markets unloading their junk on the general public know what they're doing and will never get the bad side of any haggling they do with their suckers, er, uh, customers.
  • Bargain Hunt blew past my expectations. At first, I had expected same old same old plot development but twist after turn of excitement and action just way exceeded my expectations.

Bargain Hunt blew past my expectations. At first, I had expected same old same old plot development but twist after turn of excitement and action just way exceeded my expectations. Mind you, there were some problems (most discontinuity issues) that I don't have the time to mention but all in all, a solid 9.