Barney and Friends

PBS (ended 2009)

Barney and Friends Fan Reviews page 2 of 6

4.5
  • WTF is this?

Shit his songs are just as bad as Justin Bieber songs. At least I can take Justin's songs seriously! Yes I hate his songs too. Not only that, at least I don't hear little kids singing with justin Bieber. Barney is a cruddy dinosaur that needs to die. His songs are god awful. Barney is always happy and never be sad. Which is fucking creepy. He makes kids talk to strangers. I wish I never liked that show. People who never watched that show or liking this show are fucking lucky!
  • Barney and Friends is a very entertaining show.

Barney the Dinosaur is a great Character for any Children show. This show has an excellent Education value. I used to be scared of him for a while (not when i was a kid). But now I'm not. However, this show has some minor flaws. 1 How come Barney is in a toy doll style? Why would they not do the same for BJ and Baby Bop. Or the other way around. Which that is Barney would come out from somewhere. Besides How come we don't see Barney turn back into a Doll? I always wonder what would it look like when Barney turns back into a doll. 2 How come the original show was called Barney and the Backyard gang? Why did they have to turn the original show into a more modified show? Did they think that the original show was boring? It's Pointless to turn from one show into the next. It's just the same thing. (With minor differences) 3 Excessive Musical Scores. Why do they have to have at least 5 songs in each Episode? I have nothing against its musical scores. But it's way too much to have. Half of the songs don't even relate to the lesson. There should be only 5 songs. No more than that. Overall this show is very fun to watch. Yea I know a lot of people say this show sucks. But it's very good. 76/100 (I've would have ranked this show a 80/100 if Barney was not scary.)
  • 3 reasons why some Barney episodes are bad:

stranger is a friend you haven't

Sadly, children actually buy this hoax. According to news, children have been captured by people, who could be killers for all we know, and we can blame Barney for that.

is Barney, what? Are you trying to ENCOURAGE kids to grow up and be criminals? Get locked up in jail like animals at a zoo? Seriously, think before you tell the kids this.

3. The kids in it act like the only edible think in the world is junk food. Seriously, if you want healthy kids, make them eat healthy stuff.

That dinosaur may love you, he may love me, but most people don't love him back.
  • This dinosaur needs to be extinct

Whether we want to admit it or not, as children we all saw Barney the Dinosaur. The show was about a group of kids who are taught by a dinosaur about respect, manners, and other essentials of life to kids. For me though this dinosaur is just downright creepy, even when I was a kid. That voice and the smile he constantly has gives me the chills and I am sure it has given kids nightmares. Also the show teaches the stupidest things like strangers are friends we don't know. Last time I checked we learned to never talk to strangers or if they do talk to us just run away from them to your parent. Also why is everything that is sad usually resolved by singing happily. I hate to tell you this Barney but it doesn't work like that at all. Not everything can be resolved by singing at all. Imagine if Barney was at the sinking of the Titanic and he tried to cheer everyone up with a happy song. The survivors would just chuck him overboard into the water. The show also seems to tell everyone that everyone in the world is happy and no one is a jerk at all. Way to go Barney. Just wait until the kids get a dose of reality and see what the world is really like. I would love to see Barney explain that to the kids. There were some educational values to it like not cheating, respect for others, and so on. So at least this show has some educational effort, but most of the show lacks it most of the time. I also have to ask one thing. Where is the teacher of the school? I don't think the teacher ever makes an appearance on this show at all. Is he/she on permanent vacation? Are dinosaurs the teachers in this universe? My brain is melting over how stupid this show is. While this show does have little educational value to it, there is virtually no redeeming qualities to Barney at all. To think that this show has been on for 19 years as well. This dinosaur has long prolonged the inevitable and should have been extinct long ago. If you are a parent keep your kids away from this dinosaur, he is creepy and scares kids.
  • Barney is stupid!

Barney is the stupidest show ever. Barney is so ***ed.
  • Barney was (and is) a good show and you know it!

Some of you guys are really hyper critial of Barney. Everybody grew up with him and he will out live us all before he's cancelled. Barney has taught kids not only about imagination and creativity, but about manners, (which most of us DON'T have sometimes)love (which EVERYBODY needs) and other basic life lessons. Although I don't understand the fact that Baby-Bop was taller than Barney in the oringinal seasons and BJ was not to be found, and the songs can get annoying, Barney is one of the classic shows, right up there with Seaseme Street.
  • Well this is a good show.

7.2
    This is a very fundemaental show for little children but it also can be scarey because some children are afraid of barney though i would be to if i hears that patheitc acting voice i mean people have to relise the best way for a child to learn is not through firbrization but through talking to them like they would to their friend (if they have friends). Well anyways this show is execellant for children and i do reccomend you let them watch it if you were thinking about it but didnt know. My youngest son grew up watching it, the only thing you wont like is the voice. Though i do not think it should still be getting new episodes.
  • I hated it even when I was little

How could anybody stand such a stupid show? Glad it got canceled! Bob west got this show canceled for saying a curse word. Thank you Bob West! This show totally sucked!!!
  • I'd smack this dinosaur with my guitar if he comes to my home.

This guy is absolutely annoying and stupid in anyways that you can think off.

Plot: A dinosaur named Barney, always misleads the children in the wrong way along with his other dinosaur friends.

Characters: What is worst in this show? Barney itself. I bet that giant cloth is up to no good, his other dinosaur friends are innocent and seems good though. I don't like Barney's design. It has a look that it stares creepily, more deeper. And that smile is just evil. Barney could fit into a death metal band or post-death metal album. Plus he sucks at singing, it sounds like a fly buzzing around. I hate flies. The kids and the other dinosaurs, are okay. Barney is just..... disturbing for be in a kids show.

Educational value: Barney misleads the children to talk anyone that you don't even know. Singing can make everyone happy really fast. Or being a plain sheep, thinking the world is always happy, or no bad people around. Thanks Barney, you made the children more weak by your stupidity. You're more dangerous than Lumpy. Lumpy only kills couple of things by his stupidity, while you making danger in children's lives worldwide.

Overall: -2.1. This dinosaur, would be great for me if he joins a death metal band. I bet he will do good there.
  • very upset

Okay today on the episode of Barney Baby Bop said that she doesn't eat food the same color as me so now my child said he wasn't going to eat greens anymore so please make sure that you know what they are saying before you put it on tv. I am one upset mom right now
  • I WANT TO KILL BARNEY!

I absolutly hate this show why cant the kids go up to Barney and say DIE BARNEY DIE!
  • The Infamous Purple D'Saur!

He is a legend to me. I learn so much watching this academic show. He is funny, simple, and just a cool character that's hard to follow!
  • A Children's Show That Has Overstayed Its Welcome. Or Has It Even Really Ever Been Welcomed In The First Place?

Of course, I, too, was among the many kids who grew up on watching Barney. I don't believe I ever really considered it among my favorites from my childhood. There are much better shows of the same format or genre that I preferred to it (and still do). I never really thought much of it and I never noticed just how many flaws there are within this kid show. I stopped watching and following this around the season in which the newer characters, that purple bird whose exact name I forget, Ms. something or other, and that squirrel, Scooter McNutty were introduced. Barney made me think of and remember that Animaniacs episode/segment in which the Warner siblings met the Barney parody, Baloney. I'd just wanted to mention that because I'd like to say the writer (or writers) of that nice shot you (or y'all) took at it.

No offense to any this generation's kids who do love Barney. I and others know that he's not so much for us who are out of the youth demographic now apparently, so evidently he'd no longer appeal to us (if ever, at all). But that's not the only reason. Many of us feel that this isn't among the best or greatest children shows of all time and that there have been much better for the youngsters to watch. It astounds me that this series has been running for about two decades now and hasn't gone extinct yet. I concur with others who think the same. It's high time for this to end now. I don't know if I can truly consider it overrated. Overrated by who? Other than the majority of children maybe. Surely not us older viewers. But it definitely has been overexposed for the longest. Until coming across the reviews mention the episode about strangers supposedly being your friends, I think I'd forgotten about that one. I read a review of Barney on another site that that episode has since been banned, following the controversy of a girl who was kidnapped by one. Just what was (or what were) the writer (or writers) thinking? Sending that wrong message to the young viewers. Another bad message I forgot about is not encouraging nor condoning individualism. There seems to be more flaws than the very few perfections there are with this show. And there's just so much wrong with it than not. Again, there have been other kid programs far more superior than this. If I had kids, I'd show and raise them up on those instead. And hopefully, Barney wouldn't be their favorite either. Although I now agree that Barney can be a bad influence on children, I'm not totally sure if I should nor could prevent my own from watching it. They might still want to watch it anyway regardless and I'm not sure I could ban them, even if it's for their own good. I don't recommend this as one of the first early education series toddlers should watch. Barney is brainwashing rubbish and detrimental to one's learning, and development.
  • great show

i watched this show when i was 2.But when i grew older i forgot about this great show and i watched other cartoons.i made a bad mistake,i dont really watch this show now but my little 5 year old brother does.i watch this show a little bit now.barney ya rule
  • baaaaah

0.5
    boring
  • Instead of telling my experience with this show, how about I tell it to you in a kids point of view.

7.7
    This show is for young children! I must stress it out.

This show was one of my favorits as a child, and lemme tell you why. The story revolves around a dinousaur who teaches kids about numbers, letters, imagination, among the plenty of lessions they teach us. It has cathcy music, it's characters are from abled to blind, to deaf, and... it was one of the shows that wanted me to go to school.

For people who don't understand, this is a CHILDREN'S show! You are NOT gonna like it! It's a cute show for people 5 and under. It was... it's still going strong a cute. I recommened it to children under 5.
  • Lame!

This show is the suckiest show in the history of lame shows. So let me get this straight: A purple dinosaur doll comes to life and runs around with a bunch of little kids. Okay. This is how I see it: A purple, man-eating dinosaur is leading a lot of kids around. He leads the kids to a little old restaraunt. He leads them into a dark room. Then he goes back outside...without any kids following along. Then if you're close you hear Barney say ,"Yummy in my tummy."Barney is a stalker. Plus, The show is for babies, not 15 year old boys (like me).
  • The show is about a imaginary purple dinosaur that has adventures with the other characters who come to the park to play. They learn life lessons, discuss problems, and tend to have a wonderful time (singing, dancing, etc). A great show for any child.

Barney is a great show that teaches children many life lessons that some parents today don't feel are very important or are too lazy to teach their children themselves. I love watching Barney with my 20 month old daughter....when we are not out exploring & playing. We sing, dance, learn, and have fun together. This season has Barney traveling with the children all over the world to teach them about differences & diversity (as well as discovery). Shows like Barney help making learning fun and encourage children to be kind, respectful, and helpful. I actually find myself humming some of the songs and it makes me happy knowing that my daughter enjoys them too.
  • WTF?

I Know that this is a pregrade small children's show, But I Never standed this show in my Life (Neither when I Was Younger). But Please tell me, How did this show last this long, That's impossible. I Mean a show that is a quadrillion (Actually ''Gogolplex'') times Better was cancelled after a year, and this garbage keeps on airing. This show really needs to get canceled an it is high time that the dinousaors get extinct after almost 20 years of this trash on TV. But what type of shamefull Trash is this. Also something that really distracted me is that annoying yellow dinaousaur.
  • This show should be illegal

Dora The Explorer is now known as the worst educational show of all time. However,looking back in the 90's,there was another show that seemed like the prodessor,and it's still around. And this show is called Barney and Friends. This show is about a purple dinosaur named Barney who teaches kids life lessons. Now the first problem I have is the fact how the dinosaurs look. Barney is just downright creepy,so is BJ(that sounds wrong),Baby Bop and that Orange dinosaur. This show also has terrible lessons that teach kids the wrong things. For example,a stranger is a friend we don't know. I did my research,and I thought we had to avoid strangers as kids. Way to go,Barney. Another lesson is how there are no jerks in the world. Seriously Barney? I want to see the look on a child's face when they get bullied. But the worst part about this show are the stinkin musical numbers. I mean,they are repetitive,and most of them are stupid,especially the idiotic "I love you,you love me" song. And what's worse is the fact that despite this show sucks,it's still on the air. Why? This show has gotten negative reception,and yet PBS Kids still continues to air it. Overall,PBS Kids,please cancel this. It's nothing more than a terrible educational show that teaches kids wrong things,and it's the prodessor of Dora.

• Stupidest, most pointless, most hated, most incoherent, most unpopular, most unwanted, most uncool, and worst educational show ever.

Who came up with this idea that an unintelligent, indecent, brianless dinosaur who incoherently plays with kids and uneducationally not teaching them. I wish this show is cancelled. It is probably cancelled now. Since, I don't watch this show anymore, at least people can have quite a TV time. It ruined the 90's and 00's and the nowadays, it is probably still airing. Stupid dinosaur thinks he can air his unpopular show all the time!!!!!!!!! They need to take it OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF! I'm so sick of this show brainwashing me to death! I wish it was cancelled! Alot of teenagers and adults hate this show! Because it has a lack of educational value! STUPID SHOW!

• This show is terrible! But at least its a little better than Teletubbies.

1.3
    Ok, first of all, I hate this show and I'd love it to get cancelled, but it is for children and its there for their enjoyment. At least this doesn't completely rot your brain,like the Teletubbies does, even though this sucks too! Barney is a pretty stupid character, mind you! His voice is AWFUL! The whole thing was meant for the little kids, so that's the reason I gave it a 1.3 instead of a 0.1. Still a crappy show though...
  • I hate this show so much but i am not done. DO NOT CANCELL IT! WHy? Read to find out.

1.1
    Ok admin it everyone. We all watched this show a long long long time ago but we liked it didn't we? But we don't like it now. And you aren't sposed to like it now! This show is for little kids to enjoy. And it is good for little kids. Do you think that this show still airs cause it was made for you guys? No it was made for the little kids. I remeber when i was little hoping that they wont show those big kid shows i was really sad about that. And you guys are saying to cancell a show that makes little kids entertained? There are so many good shows for us and you are saying cancell one of the few good shows for little kids? My advice ignore the show and let the little kids have fun
  • BARNIE. Barney and Friends is a Great show, but a lot of People think it sucks.

5.9
    This is about a Six-Inch Purple Dinosaur Plushie, That comes to life as a Guy in a Six-Foot Costume, at Kindergarten. He then helps kids Social Skills and How to be Creative. I\'m not sure if Barney talks down to kids or anything, he is Educatonal. It is funny with stuff like the Popcorn song and stuff. Barney is a Good show, he teaches life lessons.

Barnie\'s Great Adventure is good too. :)
  • this is the greatest show ever! NOT!

If this show was cancled I'd jump up and down. Literally. This is not only the worst kid show but the worst show on the whole entire planet. A talking dinosaur? Not in my world. I never even wacthed it when I was a kid. I only watched Thomas the tank engine, Shining Time Station and Theodore Tugboat. Now those are kid-mature shows. Not like this one. This show is so stupid. All they do is sing dumb songs to make the little children go nuts! Sadly, two of the three shows are cancled. These shows are 100% better. Here's a bit of advice. DON'T WATCH THIS SHOW! CHANGE THE CHANNEL! Or watch it at your own risk. You are liable to be brain-dead!I can imagine now Thomas runing over Baney now with purplr ooze everywhere!
  • Barbaric, Idotic

0.0
    "Barney and friends" we might of liked it when when we are below 5 but by 7 you see the light. It stinks out loud and on ice. Theres one thing most kids age 6 and above hate about barney. It's stupid edcatanal. Barney might go, "5+1=6. Repeat that kids." Along Bob the builder, Tickle U, Dora etc. It STINKS.
  • A purple dinosaur telling you whats right and what isn't.

Seriously you learned so many thing from Barney. You have to give him some credit. He made you warm inside every time the theme song was heard. He sort of taught you how to sing and hug. he told you to share and it would make you a better person. that show helps you to reach heaven when you die. The producer wants all the viewers to go to heaven. This show is mentioned every day. Every time you hear or say baney it reminds you of the friendly purple dinosaur. I think if we were forced to watch the show non- stop we'd be better human beings. Though we'd be pretty stupid.
  • Great for kids. Loved by all.

You people are rating this on how much YOU like it, but what you should be thinking is what it is like to the audience that is supposed to watch it! Little kids! It is very educational, fun, and funny for littles kids from 1-8! I used to watch Barney, and love it. The kids think he is real, and really learn alot. Now, I watch it with my baby sister (12 months old, as of 2006), and it is her favorite show. She learned her first words from it, and dances to it. It has become a show that some people are embarassed to admit that they watch, because its a baby show, but if you are reading this, I am sure that you watched it and loved it as a kid, and probably still do. Especially you people that rated it bad, or wrote a bad review for it. Thank You.
  • here's some FUN songs for barney!!

JOY to the dead barney
    a-hem
    Mimimimimimimi
    Joy to the world, that barney's DEAD! we barbequed his head! Don't worry about the boOOdy we flushed it down the poOOtty and around and around it goes, and around and around it goes, we found it in the seEEwer we gave it to a neEEwer he found a head of a bass, and shoved it up his ass!, joy TO the wooOOrld that barney's dead.
    I hate you
    i hate you, you hate me let's go out and KILL bar-ney with a shot gun to his head kick him in the nuts, oops, look at that barney dunce.

• Why is this trash still on?

0.0
    I hate this show, it makes kids think the world is nice and friendy, no it's not. And they almost raise kids, for you. That is the parents job, not some dumbass dino. I think this show was made just for lazy Moms and Dads who just plop their kids in front of the tv and say let him raise the brats. So they will leave us alone. Well I think it's time to boycot the show.
1 2 3 4 5 6