Barney and Friends

PBS (ended 2009)

Barney and Friends Fan Reviews page 3 of 5

4.6
  • Such a baby show

I hate this show. Only watched it once. My brother taugh me a poen about barney that I used to sing everytime barney came on. Here it is... I hate you. You hate me. Let's get together and kill Barney. With a fork and a knife and two by four. No more purple dinosuar. The End
    My cousins are 4 and 6 and they think barney's a babie show.
    they always have. Here is another poem
    I hate you, you hate me,
    We're a disfunctional family.
    Then a shot rang out and Barney hit the floor,
    No more purple dinosaur The End Here is another one
    I hate you
    You hate me
    We're a dysfunctional family
    With a punch and a kick Barney's on the floor
    No more purple dinosaur\ The End here is another one
    I hate you
    You hate me
    Lets get togther and kill Bareny...
    With a great big slap
    and A shot from me to you
    wont you say you help me too The End Here is another one....
    I hate you You hate me Let's all plot to kill Barney When he slips on the wax and falls to the floor, No more purple dinosaur! The End

So as you can see I Hate Barney
  • I'm sorry but I personally do not like Barney.

2.6
    Ugh , okay , I think this show interests kids a lot , but I would not like my children watching Barney , Barney doesn't teach any realities of life , i know that kids are too young to know about "real life" but Barney makes it seems like life is " peachy keen".

Barney does teach children positive things like for example,, sharing, friendliness , and caring but barney is way too annoying!

"Clean up , clean up everybody everywhere. Clean up, clean up everybody do your
    share." I mean come on , cleaning is good but that song just get stuck in my head! He is brainwashing me , Barney has to go!
  • I really dislike this show because....

3.4
    ....I dislike it because of the big mistake that Barney made when he stubbed his toe and swore on tv. I think thats what happened to him. But even if thats not what happened I still don't like it. Who ever heard of a purple dinosaur anyway? Plus his voice is really way to creepy. I wish that the show was never produced in the first place. I don't have much more to say about this creepy show so I'm telling you this to get passed one hundred words. I'm at eighty nine. Ninety three. Now ninety five. Now i'm passed it. Goodbye.
  • While it was good when it started, it went downhill after the third movie.

Ok, who was gulity of watching this when a little squirt and ATUCALLY LIKING IT?

Well, I'm not that sure about you, but I'll admit I am.

And, to be honest, I don't find it bad.

Sure, I prefead other Y-rated cartoons liked Sesame street and Author, but this show I found got a lot mork flack to it then it desvered.

Sure, I admit the seasons after 'Barney's great adventure', I felt the show didn't go all the great.

But dispite that, I say it didn't desvered as much bashing as it's given

Mainly because it's part of childhood

It you want to bash your hearts out on something, do it to Al Kahn, because he desverbs it.
  • this show is so stupid, I am surprised it isn`t cancelled.

I got a question. Why is this show still on? It has been running since 1992, and almost everyone here absolutely hates Barney. I find the show boring, insufficient, and an insult to the name of t.v. Staring at a blank television screen is more entertaining than this. I used to like this show. Boy, I was a big idiot (I was also only ages 1-4). If I ever see Barney in person, I am going to smack him in the face. Hard! Super hard! With a metal baseball bat! I think Barney is a terrible show. If you hate the show too, press the green thumbs up at the bottom right hand corner. If you disagree, press the red thumbs down right next to it. I hate this show so much! I hate it when barney sings. He sings in every episode! All of the songs are annoying. Especially his "I love you, you love me". Here is a fun song for barney!!!! " I hate you, you hate me, lets all plot to kill barney. With a giant machine gun and blood on the floor, no more purple dinosaur" Like it? That is a song I like. Anyway, Avoid this show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Die barney!!!!
  • This is sugar-coated garbage.

I don't know why I watched this when I was a kid. Honestly, what was wrong with me? Looking at this show now, it just as gotten even worse, if that is at all possible. I have to say this show isn't at all educational and the basics of the show doesn't really have any educational value to kids. It may be decent entertainment for kids with the colorful dinosaurs, but other than that, there isn't much else to be entertained with. I have to say they have come up with new songs that are worse than the older ones. Overall, I can't stand this show. Thank you.
  • Very terrible.

2.5
    This show is one of the terrible shows that were ever made.The dinosars that are really dudes in suits are disturbing and it's was just not a good idea to make this show.This show is just worse than Sid The Science Kid or Oobi.Oh yeah,I got something to say about this show:The movie was a terrible thing to make than Troll 2.I would say that it's very terrible and I give this show a F because the dinosaurs were disturibing and this show is just terrible than Go Diego Go and Wow Wow Wubbzy and this is one of the worst shows ever.
  • ..........................

This show is stupid even when I was a kid. I watch when I was a child although I was autistic (today I'm half autistic and half regular) in my childhood. I watch Television, then I stare that show until the it's over. When I am 7-9 years, I realized this show stinks.

Ok, its all about that toy purple no-go dinosaur, who came to life(wtheck), the other Dino-characters and kids were quite ok, but Barney he's so annoying.

Sound:
    The music was ok.

Characters:
    Ok, but Baraney he's so annoying.

Educational Value:
    Ok there's something educational in this show. It teaches kids to be friendly. That's it.

Performance:
    Ok

Overall: Fair
    Ok music, ok characters not Barney, ok educational value and fair performance. It's fine for little kids, but teenagers stay away from the show. I'm 12 years old now.
  • I don't agree with anyone who says this show sucks.

Barney & Friends, you know stars the famous purple dino himself and his friends BJ and BabyBop. What? I was just stating the obvious. Even though Barney first appeared in the Barney and the Backyard Gang videos, B&F is what made Barney so popular in 1993 and on. Even when younger kids liked the show, there were people who dispise it, who are called "Barney Haters." I personally hate those people. Anyway, Barney(the character, not this show) has survived about 18 years now and is not slowing down. The show has been around 13 years and people still watch it. Also, the show has made people make websited for the dino and friends, such as my message board Barney HQ. Barney rules forever!
  • i hate this show now, but i used to like it when i was 5.

i think this is a great show for kids starting school. it entertained me, but over the years i experienced bigger and better shows, like \"The Suite life of Zack & Cody\". i grew out of the show (Barney) and now i think it is cheesy. (very cheesy). this show is very old. i think it is time they put it to an end, even if people still enjoy watching it. there is always something more to watch the just Barney. besides barney is now lame, they don\'t need it on TV.

it\'s great for kids, but not me. now that kids know it is lame to watch barney they don\'t watch it. It\'s Time They Put It To An End!!!!!!!!! it\'s lame.

• ?????????????????????

I just d \'ont get it ! I just d\\\'ont get it ! Even though I hate this show , You gotta feel sorry for the guy who dress \'s up as a purple dinosaur , dances around a bit , and is known as the worst living creature ever to millions . Still , as I classified it , who thought of this ? It was cute at first , but for petes sake , How the heck has this show lasted 14 years ? I liked it at 4 , but by now , boo ! boo ! boo !
  • Make it stop!!

1.2
    Yes I admit i went thru a barney stage and i loved it alot. But now that i am ** I hate it! its g8 4 babbies or toddlers.the song; look thru the window and who do u see micheal silly micheal looking at me, is over annoying! Yea it still is running and its time that they let that show go and find another not annoying show. I mean dude find something that will not drive people insane! Its like a tape that will not stop going! I cant stand it. Dj? Babbie bop? Barney the purple dinasor? it just doesnt go!
  • AHHHHH! My eys just bursted out of my head!

This is why kids aged 2-5 are so much like whinny little brats. Yes, I liked this show when I was a kid, but Im a tennager now. The first person who played barney died for smoking(I think), 2nd went to jail for drinking ON THE SHOW! Yep, sounds like those guys really liked there job! As for the kids, I heard there now on drugs and are inmature idiots who will probally be working at mcdonalds 1 day. But to the point here. To much singing(I hate songs on movies and tv shows),the coustems are OBVIOUSLY fake, and when I was 5, I remember them all trying to be funny, I didnt laugh once.
  • Bad series!

I think I know why most people hate Barney. It is because Barney does not really teach kids anything it just has singing and dancing. None of the kids even get upset! I agree with the others that Barney is a bad TV show which should be taken off the air!
  • When I was a little Barney and friends worst show of all time Danny Phantom wins by a longshot.

That show makes me sick and tired I hope barney dies and goes down in heck Song ilove you hold on let me tweak i hate you you hate me I will grab a gun and shoot me If undergrowth was there please i'm begging you control barney i'm sick and tired of barney.
  • Whoever thought of thought must be drunk!

This show is stupid! How old are these kids 11? They should be cool like us not some dumb kid who dances and sings. Barney is a retard who sings real bad. Barney is too kind. He\\\'s an adult he should go to the bar and be drunk. I feel sad whoever has to wear the suit. How long can he keep up with the corny smile and goofy accent. I would rather do my homework, eat a bumblebee alive, and put myself on fire than watch this retarded show. I\\\'m only writing this to express my hate,fire,and pity for this show.
  • Public television was ruined! And this is the reason why!

Remember the good old days of public television? There were lots of interesting and informative programs on public TV. It was a great place to be... until April 6, 1992 (DUM-DUM-DUMMMMMMMM!), when public television was changed forever when Barney & Friends made its debut! It was one of the worst pieces of trash ever shown on television! It all starts with the dumb dino himself, who looks hideous in the first place. His voice is one of the most annoying in all of television. The dino is a selfish son of a--gun. And about that rip that he's trying to teach the kids around him? Didn't it ever occur to him that the kids were old enough to have learned all that stuff for several years?!!!!!!!!

When Barney comes to life, it's bad enough. When Baby Bop comes in, it gets even worse. When B.J. comes in, you have yourself a complete and utter mess; in other words, it's a total television nightmare. And what was worse, when Barney first aired, it marked the beginning of the end of public television as we knew it, and we saw more and more shows in the Barney vein (heck, even "Sesame Street" went younger!) and less and less of the more interesting and informational programs that were on public TV like in the 70s and 80s. Heaven knows how it's still on TV today, it deserves to be canceled. And WHEN it's canceled, though millions of people will feel better, a huge dent will have been made in the annals of television history. That dent would be literally the size of Texas; the show was produced in Dallas, and for whatever reason, its run was longer than that of "Dallas", whereas some public TV shows didn't outlast that show.

More than anywhere else, I would rather see Barney on Jerry Springer's show someday, though I don't watch that show either, and for good reason.

If you want a good, educational and informational program for your child to enjoy as much as you do, Avoid Barney At All Costs. There are better choices. Much better choices.
  • Yuk this show is annoying!

1.1
    Since 1992 Barney, Baby Bop, and B.J. have brought smiles to our faces with their non-stop adventures, stories, games, friends and, of course, the Barney Bag. Normally focusing on younger audiences, Barney teaches respect, courtesy, manners and many other essentials in life. Most children in the age group normally consisting of 2-8 watch Barney. Many of us have grown out of Barney but there are generations still to come who will enjoy Barney.
  • There Is normally 4 to 5 kids and then theres Barney, Baby Bop, and BJ. Are the three main characters in the show.

1.7
    Barney is a big purple dinosaur he talks and at he beginning of the show he is small and doesn't talk the all of a sudden a big barney shows up. Then at the end he goes back to being small. BJ is baby bop older brother.During the show normally they start out wanting to do somthing then barney pops up and he helps them find something to do and during the time that he is hlping them they normally have another conflict. oh and barney has what he calls his magic play bag i think wher there is things from little dots to 2by2 foot paper
  • I hope this show never airs a single episode again. I watch this show a little bit when I was younger but this show is so boring and mediocre. And from my observations it's always "Make believe" this "Make believe" that when it comes to this show.

So I have one question why is this show still on air when 89.9% of the American population dislikes this show including my self. (No offense). So if anyone dislikes this show please be my guest and contact me VIA email senders. So this show is to weird for me.
  • I'm not into shows like this anymore

3.5
    Firstly, I used to love watching Barney when I was a little kid, it was what you would call "Daily Fix". But I'm 16 years old now and this show does not entertain me anymore (obviously). Barney and his friends play together with some children in the playground, yeah, it's for little kids, not teenagers. If I had written this review when I was still into it I would've given it a 10, as many children do, but now it means absolutely nothing to me. Every time I watch shows like this I'll automatically skip the channels. Honestly, I can't stand Barney & Friends so I pass on seeing it. Although it may be educational, teaching and fun, It's for children 6 years and under so yeah, this show is long out of the picture and makes me ill just watching it.
    When I grow up and become a father, surely I will show my children how brilliant Barney is, for them, I think I'll just keep away, I hate shows like this..

Somebody has already disagreed with this review..? well Barney is a good cartoon for young kids and it's highly educational..
  • Used to love it

I grew up with Barney and I think that it's a great programme for little kids to watch.

It gives out a good message in a fun way. It teaches kids to be good and has a great influence on them. But it does it in a way that children are going to remember. Songs, games, and fun are Barney all over.

Barney is great for children to watch because there are so many rubbish programmes on TV at the moment that these kids are watching with inappropriate content or just patronising unbelievable stuff that is closing their imaginations, which is a big problem.

Great show for small children and it cheers me up when I'm ill!!!
  • ummmmmm.....how can a kid learn from this?

ok i will try to be a nice guy on this review but i might get a little grumpy
    how does a kid learn things from this its like high school musical with little kids dinos and no high school its just singing and dancing with a purple dino and other dinos there are alot of other good learning shows i bet (boo bah is not learning because its just strange sounds and strange ball things)like sesame street (even if it is mostly elmo now)so if you want to find a good show for you kids to learn from.....then you might not want to try this
  • End it NOW!!!

OK, after this show first premired on PBS on April 6, 1992, the network started to lose it's educational value when they air kids shows. I mean seriously, what the heck does this show teach kids, absolutly NOTHING, this show seems like it'll make kids more dumber than smarter. I can't believe this show is still on the air, I would hope that it would be cancelled in like 1998 or sometime before now. But now it's 2007 and they're STILL making this show. This show needs to be abolished off the air forever, if you ever have a kid, don't ever make him watch this show. If you think this would be an educational show that makes kids smarter, it makes them dumber instead. CANCEL IT NOW!!!
  • barney,bg baby bop and friends help learn

wheni was younger i love this show i bought every cd of this cause it makes me laugh so hard. i realized it was so cute this years and i love it. it's cute and i like the character of baby bop cause it is just like me because i am the baby in my family. my sister and i always take time for each other just like bj and baby bop. i mean with all their friends it become better. it's cute with everyone their. the barney and friends was there all the time. it's cute and you can learn a lot.
  • There is no reason why anyone should hate this show...

It's about a purple dinosaur that comes to life if you use your imagination. I mostly liked him until these new episodes came, which were not as good as the first three seasons. Anyway, back in the 90s, I thought the kids were great, but there were some "scary" elements I couldn't see (mostly in the 1st season). Currently, I only have one Barney videotape left, as though all the others were sold away to other little kids. And if I could, I'd probably be on TV with Barney myself. That would be a great choice. But either way, keep Barney on the air and never ever remove it off PBS!
  • This was my favorite show when I was a kid, I still watch it even now sometimes.

I have and always will love this show. My favorites are Barney, Baby Bop, B.J., Riff, Michael, Amy, Luci, Adam, Derek, Jason(from Backyard Gang series), Tina, Min, Tosha, Kathy, Shawn, Jason, David, Julie, Carlos, Kenneth, and Juan. I only named the older cast, because they rocked. Not that today's kids aren't good, I just like the older ones better. I can't even name a quarter of those kids. The 4 dinos are great as well, even though Riff was only there since 2006. I grew up watching this television show. This is also the first show I would ever sit still and watch. All in all, a wonderful show.
  • Barney And Friends Is A Show That Teaches Young Kids ABC's 123's And Other Basic Learning Skills. This Is An Excellent Show For Young Children.

Barney And Friends Is A Great Learning Experience And Teaches Children Social Skills Too. I Would Definitely Not Watch This Show For Myself But I Do Recommend It To Young Children. I Think That Instead Of Talking Trash About Barney People Need To Wise Up And Just Not Say Anything At All. My Younger Siblings And Younger Cousins Absolutely Love Watching Barney Because It Gives Them A Sense Of Security And Keeps Them Happy. Plus When They Are Watching Barney They Aren't Bothering Me Like They Normally Would. So I'm In Some Ways Actually Quite Thankful For The Television Show Barney And Friends.
  • Barney & Friends has been around for many many years. Its a children's show that has songs, dances, activities, and fun things to keep children entertained FOR HOURS.

I cannot help but say, this show has saved my rear on many occassions. When you have a fussy 2 year old who is constantly holding onto your leg, Barney comes to the rescue every time. Anytime I need to get dinner started, and my daughter wants to know what I am doing, I put Barney on, and I am free for at least an hour. Besides the convenience of having free time, she's learned a lot of things from the show. This show and a few other's has helped my 2 year old preemie daughter learn her alphabet, count to 20, her shapes, colors, and hold full conversations with grown adults. I cannot thank PBS Sprout enough for keeping this show around as long as it has.
  • LOL! Its Barney :]

Barney. I've met him in florida, Universal studios. Also at pontins. I know he's not actually real! I used to watch this ALL the time when I was little, I even had a talking Barney toy. I cant really remember what happened in it as I havnt watched it in ages but I know as much as i liked it! :] I dont see why alot of people hate it, They probably dont have a reason! But it is a kids programme so its not somthing they'd be watching now! If its as good as what it used to be then id give it a good score :]
1 2 3 4 5