Barney and Friends

PBS (ended 2009)

Barney and Friends Fan Reviews page 5 of 6

4.6
  • That wasn\'t that funny, and it seems to me that artist couldn\'t hold back their extreme jealousy over the success of Barney and Friends.

6.6
    That wasn\'t that funny, and it seems to me that artist couldn\'t hold back their extreme jealousy over the success of Barney and Friends. Man I wish south park would get back to its roots of coming up with original funny content than playing politics every show. I mean so what if family guy rips people off, everyone rips someone off, somewhere along the line, south park even admitted this in one of my favorite episodeS.
  • Hey, for all those people writing things about saying its retarded, and not to because its a kids show, need to see what its doing to the kids.

Hey, have you ever had a kid actin retarded after watchin hour after hour, day after day, week after week, and month after month of Barney? Cuz I have and my kid was just jumpin around gigglin about everything and never listened to me and just kept singin, \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"I love you, you love me\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" and he was never doin good in school because the teacher kept sayin \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"Your son yells,\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'I want to watch Barney\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\', in class all the time. So I finally blocked the channel from him. And after time past, he paid attention in school, listen to my wife and I and we have been happy with him ever since. So for all the people givin Barney and Friends bad revievs, keep doin it, and for all the people sayin not to do it cuz it\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s a kids show and they shouldn\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t care cuz their kids watch it, watch how your kids behave and you might actually believe the people on their reviews.
  • It's sad how many people write hate speeches about this show.

I used to watch this when I was little, and I loved it. I still watch it from time-to-time just to go back in time to when I was 6.
    Barney is a nice dinosaur who encourages people to use their imaginations to change an ordinary thing to extreordinary. You can look up at the clouds and see ordinary clouds, but when you see them with your imagination, they could turn out to be anything at all.
    He also teaches people to care for each other. The hugging and the kissing on the cheek is a cute way to show people you love them, and just telling them you love them.
    Barney is such a cute show.
  • I\\\'d rather Watch baby looney tunes!

1.1
    This show is a bunch of crap! They outta take it off air right now! It\\\'s about an evil dinasoar who has S*x with babies. Barney\\\'s an evil guy! I was crying when I first saw him on TV. not to mention he does magic. BLACK MAGIC!!!!!!!! Black magic is Evil Barney\\\'s a flithy Pagan! Every night he sacifices a child to satan!!! Don\\\'t watch barney! He\\\'ll Pound on all your Puppies and Kill all your Kittens!!!!!
  • I can't take it anymore!!!

The show is about a giant purple dinosaur that comes from our imagination. This is like the worst show on televison. I don't understand one thing about this show. Just some kids talking on thin air because a plushie toy comes to real life. This show is bad! Take it off the air.
  • A goofy kids program with silly singing and silly acting.

6.1
    A goofy kids program with silly singing and silly acting. This one does not even come close to Seasame Street or Electirc Company. Much more about entertaining kids with goofy antics rather than teaching them things. The actors on the show were many and included Pia Manalo Role: Min, John David Bennett III Role: Shawn, Susannah Wetzel Role: Julie, Becky Swonke Role: Amy, Selena Gomez
    Role: Gionna, Adrianne Kangas
    Role: Barney (Costume Body),
    Katherine Pully
    Role: Beth and Jeff Ayres
    Role: Baby Bop.
  • What??? I mean at the beggining of the show when it's the song they say "Barney is a dinosoar from our imagination." so that means the kids are talking to air. to nothing!

Ya this show does not make any sence. I mean barney is sapposed to be a T.rex so would'nt barney eats the kids. And barney is from there imagination. so they would be talking to air. so i think one day there going to make an episode where the kids get put into the looney bin. a place for crazy people. because again they are talking to NOTHING!
  • Its good show for little kids. Its a baby show, whats wrong with you people? Rating it horrible? Its a baby show!

I dont understand that people`s review this is horrible. What the heck! Its a baby show! If you are little kid. You would love it. But when you grow up, you think its dumb. Even doodlebops is worser than this! My eyes! my eyes! my eyes!!!Anyway, all baby show is dumb so the little kids can laugh and watch them because to little children, its easy for them to understand.
  • My kids watch this show everyday.

6.6
    I myself watched this show as a child. I loved it. I don't think I learned anything important, but I did learn a lot of songs that I still rememeber until this day. All of kids have watched this show, although my 5 year old has outgrown it. He hates that show now. He still remember that songs though.
    I miss the old kids. Everytime I look at the show, I see new kids. When I was watching, the kids were like our friends. We knew them by name. Now the only poeple we know are Baby Bop, BJ, and Barney. We will see how long this show will drag on.
  • Very very good show for little kids! Shoot I was a HUGE Barney fan back in the day!

Barney and friends is about a dinosaur and his friends that teach little kids the importance of manner, and everyday essentials.

Even though I don't like it now, I still give it a high score for being probably the best thing for me when I was a toddler. I learned alot from him. And I think because of him, I'm such a good, kind person now at 16. I don't drink, do drugs, have sex(at least not till I'm married), etc.

I was there when the orignal gang was around, ya know Michel, Tina, Derk, etc. so I'm practically old school.

Props up for Barney and hope that he is still around for my kids!
  • This is a good show for KIDS

What is up with all the bashing and the immature comments? This show is for kids and none of you have to watch it you know. The great thing about this show is it teaches kids to be nice to eachother, work as teams, and solve problems and stuff. Its not supposed to be all violence and appealing for teens and adults. My cousins love this show and they'll become better people when they grow up from watching this show. All of you bashers may think this show is for retards, but it is really for kids. So what does it matter what any of you think, just change the channel.
  • you shall die barney!

I am 12 now and before my brain grew to normal size I used to watch barney.Please shoot this show and put it out of its misery.Although I like the kill barney song.I hate you you hate me lets get together and shoot barney. with a big shotgun and he is on the run no more purple dinosaur.Keep it away from your kids if you have any.barney will posses your children and make you watch barney.
  • What is this crap!!!??

Okay this is a seriously screwed up show, it's almost as bad as the teletubbies, maybe worse! This doesn't teach kids anything! PBS is for educational shows, what does this teach kids? how to be retarded thats what. It's shows like these that make kids fail school. It's better for a kid to watch South Park then this crap. So...basically...this show sucks c***! It should be banned from tv........FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PURE EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • A dumb giant purple dinosaur.

(Barney is a dinosaur from our imagination
    And when he\\\'s tall
    he\\\'s what we call a dinosaur sensation

Barney\\\'s friends are big and small
    they come from lots of places
    after school they meet to play
    and sing with happy faces

Barneys shows us lots of things
    Like how to play pretend
    ABC\\\'s, and 123\\\'s
    And how to be a friend

Barney comes to play with us
    Whenever we may need him
    Barney can be your friend too
    If you just make-believe him!) And whats with this theme song its so retarded.
  • This show is for kids....

6.8
    This show is for kids, and not adults. Personally, i think its sort of retarded having a purple dinosaur thing dancing around on the screen, but little kids like it. it gives them the chance to dance around and learn how to count, know colour from colour, and its a pretty influencial show. You shouldnt give it bad reveiws just because your brain capacity is larger than a 3-year-olds.
  • I don't like this show but its the Kids that love it not us!

Barney & Friends lived since 1992 and it was also the name that Kids enjoyed it until at a certain age they started swearing and want to torture the dinosaur but I don't like it and as if you can see that I put a notch to 5 because sometimes its enjoyable but there are a little lot of mishaps including repeated characters and "already known" songs. But the show can be better once it has new episodes and they should perhaps turn down the G*Y notch because that's the teenager's problem that he's too sexual to adults and they should also bring new characters to the show with newer stuff that he should also get a new look just like Blue in the newest show called Blue's Room and overall it's not that good for teenagers but its the kids just like the last good reviewer said on 1/2006!
  • Not a good show but...

4.5
    I don't like it, but maybe it should stay on the air. I mean, so many little kids enjoy it and it isn't NEARLY as much torture as the Teletubbies. It wouldn't hurt to keep Barney on the air, as it would with Teletubbies. Sorry, I know I'm mentioning Teletubbies alot, but I have an uncurable fear about them. =o *shudders* They give me nightmares.

Anyway, Barney should stay on for the little kids, it isn't that horrible. I would never watch it, but I'm just saying that alot of others enjoy it and the show wouldn't hurt to be on a little longer.
  • It doesn't matter what you think...It matters what the freakin kids think!!!

7.4
    Children of all ages love this show! It entertains them and makes them happy...Why is that so wrong!?! Everyone hates this show just because it has joy and happiness in it, but it doesn't matter what you think!!! It matters about what the dang kids think!!!!! Cut this show some slack for bringing joy to little children. It wasn't meant for adults to whatch it...Just little kids!! Now stop dissing this show and cut it some slack!!!!!!!!!
  • When I was young I always use to watch this. I thought it was a cool show. But other kids wolud make fun of it. I still watched and loved it. I'm not ashamed either. Barney was great!

This show was a good one for me. I use to watch all time. I loved the early episodes. What turned me off is that they always changed the characters. I can understand that because times change. I absolutly loved the songs. I still remeber them. Remeber the Barney bag? I thought that was the best. Doing all those arts and crafts looked so fun. Barney is a true kids show and not only educational but entertaining too.
  • People are quick to give Barney a hard time

When I was growing up, I loved to watch Barney. It had fun storylines, characters, and most of all; songs. When your young and you watch those shows, they seem to be the best shows in the world. The older you get, the more that it seems corny and boring. Thats why older people tend to hate the show so much. But think of it this way. To younger kids this is a fun and educational show. Not intended for adults, but for preschoolers. Of course you don't like the same thing as a preschooler would. Classic Barney is the best.
  • A dinosaur named Barney comes to life when kids imagine him.

If I were like, 9 months old I would've rate this show 10.0. I became uninterested in Barney early in grade school. Barney does teach stuff little kids need to know, from watching Barney my neice almost had a pre-school education from watching Barney, but had gone to pre-school anyway.
  • What do you expect? its a kids show!

5.2
    I never liked barney when i was younger, infact i was scared and creeped out by him.While all the other kids liked barney,i tried to steer clear of him and his show, my mom was always forcing me to watch it. Well, what does it matter what everybody on here says anyways? its a show for kids! it wasnt made for adults or teens. I'll say its good for kids because it teaches you to be nice to everyone and to work in teams,etc. teaches them good morals in life. But if your over the age of 4-5 i'd advise you stay away from it. I finally watched it a lot when i was younger, but now even though i dont watch it anymore i appreciate it better because it teaches kids good things. Now barney isn't do popular as he was in te 90s and probably kids wont watch him anymore so everyone should be happy now!
  • Is this a real show? or a Plot to take over the world.

I find everyone in the show to be very, very, very, very, very EVIL. They get paid, and paid and you know paid some MORRRRrrrrrrrRRRRRrreee. Barney is cool NOT. Okay this may sound weird but Barney is evil. Simply put. Now Barney is drooling the minds of children of allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll ages and planning to use that so kids can become evil to like their idol barney so we are pretty much doomed and FD screwed. You see Barney forced me to give him a good rating mark on tv.com because when I watched the show for the first time it already forced me to do good things for him for 2 days. That's my review
  • I alaywas watched this show when i was a kid and loved it but i wouldnt dare watch that boring and stupid crap now.

I alaywas watched this show when i was a kid and loved it but i wouldnt dare watch that boring and stupid crap now.. What is it REALLY teachin kids? to talk to their barney toy at home hoping it would turn huge and start talkin? It's time to move on...
  • It's better than Teletubbies, but still a big steaming piece of crap!

0.4
    Why TH am I reviewing this? Most of you know what I'm going to say. See my review of Teletubbies. Anyway, this show is not educational in any way. Besides, when your little kids can watch Mr. Roger's Neighborhood, Sesame Street, and The Magic School Bus, there's no reason to watch this. Why doesn't it scare kids? They are a bunch of talking huge dinosaurs! The songs are irritating! If I had a choice between death and watching this, I'd choose death! The characters are weird, and the show, overall, is bad. I'm through, here!
  • not that bad

I think the show is good for children they learn on the show, but it's also entertaining for the children. They can sing along and things like that. They do so many different activities. This show does what they do in day care and preschool. Some things is done in kindergarten. So your saying that the education of our young children today isn't good because it's similar
  • Would be a fine kids show if they just got rid of the guy in the dinosaur suit.

This is a reasonable enough kids show. The kids seem to be somewhat tallented, the over acting is apparently required in childrens shows. The thing that drags the program down is Barney. If Barney was not on the show, it wouldn't be that bad. He appears and it is like nails on a black board. Actually watching barney is more like nails on sand paper or something. Imagine the nails scratching and being pealed off, leaving bloody stumps behind.

I feel sorry for the kids on this show. They might have gotten a great start on an acting career, but instead they will never be taken seriously because they were on this rediculous show.

People in dinosaur suits should not sing.
  • Barney should go extinct like real dinosaurs.

This show is just too old and not entertaining anymore for children. There are new shows out there that kids like to watch instead of Barney. It was a great show for a couple generations, but now is the time to get rid of it. The show is not even that educational. All Barney does is sing. That is pretty much it. Each episode gets worse. It is time for Barney to turn back into a doll and stay that way.
  • (Shoots Himself)

0.1
    Whoever Thought Of A Show Which Has No Educational Value And Is So Retarted, Should Be Shot 5 Times In The Chest, Have Himself Tied To The Back Of A City Bus And Let His Dead Body Be Dragged!

Sure I Was A Fan When I Was Like In Diapers! But That Was A Very Long Time Ago, And Personally Nobody Cares! The Actor/Voice Of Barney Is A Freakin' Mental Person, The Kids Are Given 1,000 Dollars To Star In Absolute Crap, And The Actors Who Play Barney, B.J, And The Other Dino. Are Thinking "Who The Hell Wrote This Show? I'm Getting Paid 150,000 A Year Dressing Up As A Freakin' Dinosaur That Gets Made Fun All The Time!

For God Sakes! PBS or Whatever The Hell Your Called. Cancel This Show Once And For All! Put The Show Out Of It's Suicidal Misery And Just Kill It!
  • This show is just as worse as the teletubbies.

0.0
    What the hell is wrong with the creators? Bring up this junk? If you like this and your under 0. Fine (But no one is). I have a 4 year old brother. Hes like my age! He hates everything that is babyish.If you went to see the actors. Through a brick at them.(Its a Joke)
1 2 3 4 5 6