Barney and Friends

Weekdays 10:00 AM on PBS Premiered Apr 01, 1992 In Season

Barney and Friends Fan Reviews (142)

4.6
  • Barbaric, Idotic

0.0
    "Barney and friends" we might of liked it when when we are below 5 but by 7 you see the light. It stinks out loud and on ice. Theres one thing most kids age 6 and above hate about barney. It's stupid edcatanal. Barney might go, "5+1=6. Repeat that kids." Along Bob the builder, Tickle U, Dora etc. It STINKS.
  • here's some FUN songs for barney!!

JOY to the dead barney
    a-hem
    Mimimimimimimi
    Joy to the world, that barney's DEAD! we barbequed his head! Don't worry about the boOOdy we flushed it down the poOOtty and around and around it goes, and around and around it goes, we found it in the seEEwer we gave it to a neEEwer he found a head of a bass, and shoved it up his ass!, joy TO the wooOOrld that barney's dead.
    I hate you
    i hate you, you hate me let's go out and KILL bar-ney with a shot gun to his head kick him in the nuts, oops, look at that barney dunce.

• Why is this trash still on?

0.0
    I hate this show, it makes kids think the world is nice and friendy, no it's not. And they almost raise kids, for you. That is the parents job, not some dumbass dino. I think this show was made just for lazy Moms and Dads who just plop their kids in front of the tv and say let him raise the brats. So they will leave us alone. Well I think it's time to boycot the show.
  • This show is just as worse as the teletubbies.

0.0
    What the hell is wrong with the creators? Bring up this junk? If you like this and your under 0. Fine (But no one is). I have a 4 year old brother. Hes like my age! He hates everything that is babyish.If you went to see the actors. Through a brick at them.(Its a Joke)
  • (Shoots Himself)

0.1
    Whoever Thought Of A Show Which Has No Educational Value And Is So Retarted, Should Be Shot 5 Times In The Chest, Have Himself Tied To The Back Of A City Bus And Let His Dead Body Be Dragged!

Sure I Was A Fan When I Was Like In Diapers! But That Was A Very Long Time Ago, And Personally Nobody Cares! The Actor/Voice Of Barney Is A Freakin' Mental Person, The Kids Are Given 1,000 Dollars To Star In Absolute Crap, And The Actors Who Play Barney, B.J, And The Other Dino. Are Thinking "Who The Hell Wrote This Show? I'm Getting Paid 150,000 A Year Dressing Up As A Freakin' Dinosaur That Gets Made Fun All The Time!

For God Sakes! PBS or Whatever The Hell Your Called. Cancel This Show Once And For All! Put The Show Out Of It's Suicidal Misery And Just Kill It!
  • the only thing this show is good for is making fun of it

0.1
    the only thing this show is good for is making fun of it....i mean what kind of loser would watch this......well except for 3 year olds.......i watched it when i was three.....but i mean seriously i mean it just some purple freak in a costume saying,"i love you you love me"....
    but here's a very quick summary,THIS SHOW SUCKS!
  • It's better than Teletubbies, but still a big steaming piece of crap!

0.4
    Why TH am I reviewing this? Most of you know what I'm going to say. See my review of Teletubbies. Anyway, this show is not educational in any way. Besides, when your little kids can watch Mr. Roger's Neighborhood, Sesame Street, and The Magic School Bus, there's no reason to watch this. Why doesn't it scare kids? They are a bunch of talking huge dinosaurs! The songs are irritating! If I had a choice between death and watching this, I'd choose death! The characters are weird, and the show, overall, is bad. I'm through, here!
  • baaaaah

0.5
    boring
  • Annoying and a bad example for kids

On one episode he says its OK to steal!!! And he went to jail twice due to these reasons at a kid. his producer.

If you like Barney then you need to look up the show buddy. I would rather watch that whiny brat Caillou.
  • A word to parents out there: Do NOT let your children watch Barney!

I only got one word to describe this: TERRIFYING!

So basically here, Barney teaches you to chat, become friends with, and even hug strangers! Don't the creators and writers know that will likely make children get kidnapped because of that?

Also at the end of every episode, Barney sings a somewhat irritating song named "I love you". Ugh, that just makes me sick. Who would love a satanic, scary purple dinosaur that brainwashes several kids?

Another thing to add is that the characters (which are probably school children) do nothing but play with Barney. I'm not sure if they skipped school, which hints a bad influence on kids.

So far the characters are ALWAYS spotted eating junk food. So that is telling us the only thing you should eat in this planet is fat, sugary food. That's just wrong! Why does Sprout STILL show reruns of this?

Barney says it's okay and good to steal and cheat. No, I'm being serious here. If you want me to repeat that again, here it is: According to Barney, he says it's okay to steal and cheat.

So let me get this straight. Alright, imagine you are at your local game store and you see a game that's $59.99. However, all you have is 49 cents, but you say this in your mind, "Oh wait! Barney said stealing is fine!" so you snatch it from the shelve and run off. Hours later, you get arrested by the cops and later in court, all you can say is, "Barney made me do it".
  • i agree with the other people who think barney is creepy!

i wasnt really alowed to watch it growin up.

newsflash: not everyone likes u! u dont give random people hugs,or u will get kidnapped!

he is very creepy, and stupid. it taught a litlte bit of love, but still stupid
  • I can't believe this show is still aired!

Barney is a "CUTE PURPLE DINOSAUR" In ancient rome, there was no "u"s but "v"s instead, Which makes it to CVTE PVRPLE DINOSAVR If you extract the roman numbers and add them up. You will get satan's number "666". This show teaches little kids to love everybody even strangers and ALL they eat in this show is JUNK food! Oh my god, Why!? Barney's looks are creepy and disturbing to look at. There was even an famous episode called "Stranger is a friend you haven't met" Thats sending the message to kids thinking strangers don't exist and kids get kidnapped nowadays because of this hideous demon! I haven't watched this show but I listened to the I love you song, It's horrible! Don't even WATCH this show with your KIDS. EVER.

He even said that cheating is creative thinking, You seriously want kids to cheat by using creative thinking?

Picture that you are in school having to do a test and then you think "Oh wait, I forgot Barney said it's creative thinking!" Then, You get in trouble for doing it. What would you say? "Barney made me do that!"

It's brainwashing kids actually in this show! WATCH shows that aren't like barney and friends.

Believe me, That is unhealthily and dangerous to watch it! It's the truth, Believe me it with your eyes.

Some people have claimed that barney is satan In fact, He isn't really satan. He's just evil. Just simple.

If you getting yourself the chance by watching it, Don't even do it! I give all f+'s due to his evilness and how he taught kids the wrong way!

If you look up barney's theme song backwards you will hear a demonic message about it.

Go on youtube, if you want proof! More like burney and Frieds. huh? United status of america government, please. Ban this show quick as you can right now, Thank you. Why did PBS green-light this show!? Do they know that barney is satanic and evil? What are they thinking? I don't know why! Even sesame street is bad too! Though, it get's worse in newer episodes. Not joking. Barney even tells kids that even if you are sad, eat ice cream! Yes, I know candy and other junk food are supposed to make you happy. but TOO much in this show then getting all little kids fat and thinking magic solves everything, what the hell who think that is real!? Barney teaches nothing but loving everybody (even strangers) & telling kids that stealing is okay is WRONG and is a CRIME! Even A one year old doesn't believe that magic solves everything! Barney teaches that being single is wrong. It is NOT wrong and that's okay if you are single, I'm single and that's NOT wrong at all! He has even specifically said that "stealing is okay if the person you steal from doesn't mind" (copied and pasted one of them from imdb reviews) Honesty, The heath food song is a LIE all of the food in this tv show like i said above is bad!

Okay, I'm done writing this review. Now I will enjoy and move on some new things and pretend that barney didn't exist.
  • AAAAAH!!! My eyes and ears!

This is the worst show ever known to mankind. Apparently this show is suppose to be educational. How? What is this show supposed to teach All Barny is teaching kids is to be happy and nothing much else. Barney thinks that everyone on the world is happy and nobody is a jerk, while he is wrong on so many levels. There are cruel, harsh and cold people out there, some people are even mean-spirited for no reason. He also says that everyone you meet is your friend and strangers don't exist, while strangers do exist, the people who were not familiar with are best to be labeled as strangers, and believe me Barney, there are thousands of people out there who you surely wouldn't want to become friends with due to their mean spirit. The songs are so annoying and childish, and they repeat them in every episode especially the "I Love You" song. Barney is annoying and a really bad influence for kids. The show also has a huge lack of logic. For example, how can a dinosaur play with kids at a playground? Aren't dinosaurs extinct? Shouldn't these kids be in school, or are they ditching it? Rally bad influence for kids. Don't show Barney to your children, he will give them nightmares. Luckily, he never scared me as a kid, but I still fear for parent's children out there watching this.
  • I was 8 yrs old when this show came out....

And i thought it was the most re-tarded show i've ever seen. I'm surprised it hasn't cancelled yet. They're so repetitious with their song, dance, and educating that I felt like i was watching the same things in different episodes. Barney's not even funny and never was and they're teaching kids things they already learned before they even went to preschool. And in some of those episodes when one of the kids was either grieving over a loss or was having a bad day, there was too much of the "just kiss the boo-boo away" attitude, which DOESN'T help children to cope with their problems at all. And telling kids that a stranger is a friend you haven't met and to love everybody is sending the wrong message to kids. I not only learned not to trust strangers, but i also learned to be careful even trusting people i know and what kind of parent in their right mind would want their kids to love someone that bullies them, beats them like a wild animal, rapes them, is a dangerous criminal, or puts them in danger? and the kids kissing an adult dinosaur seems one step away from being pedophile to me
  • Barney is responsible for most of the problems involving kids in America today

This purple demon is responsible for the most of the problems involving kids we have in America today, here's the problems and how

CHILD ABDUCTION - Barney is telling us "A stranger is a friend you haven't met". That is basically telling them there are no bad people (I know they're little kids and they don't understand murderers, thieves, But all the other educational shows, books and even our parents have said "Never talk to strangers". So picture this - you're a two-year-old Barney viewer, you're at the playground in the sandbox and a man walks up to you and says "Hey you, you wanna come with me?" and you say "Yes, because you're a friend I haven't met". And your parents look up from a newspaper or magazine they were reading and see you getting into the man's car. And the parents run up to the car but they make it there too late. You've been kidnapped.

OBESITY - The only food they eat on the show is junk food. This is teaching kids that the only kind of food in the world you can eat is sugary foods. And our parents have always said that junk food is bad for us. So when we're one or two, our minds are completely open. And when we see those kids on Barney eating nothing but junk, we think that's the only kind of food in the world. So, later in life when you've eaten nothing but sugar in your life so far, you become overweight, obese, or maybe even have diabetes.

KIDS STEALING AND CHEATING - According to Barney, cheating is "creative thinking". So cheating on tests by writing the answers on your arm is "creative"? Our parents have always told us that cheating is wrong. Also according to Barney, stealing is "okay as long as the person you stole from doesn't know it's gone". Don't even get me started on this. STEALING IS OKAY?!!! So say you're a one-year-old Barney viewer with a mind completely open and you hear Barney say that. Years later, you're in a video game store and you find a game that you really want but you don't have enough money for it. Then you think "Wait a minute, didn't someone tell me as a baby stealing is okay?". So you shoplift the video game and you get caught and arrested. What you would you say? "The purple dinosaur made me do it"?.

ADULT/CHILDREN RELATIONSHIPS - Revert you back to the previous quote "A stranger is a friend you haven't met". Also Barney is also teaching children that they should love everyone and give everyone a big kiss on the cheek. So picture this - you're a two-year-old Barney viewer and you're at the playground in the sandbox and a man walks up to you and you stand up and give him a kiss on the cheek, after that the man gets a strange (you know what I mean) look on his face and asks you if you would like to go with him and well, I think you can see where I'm going from here.

So what the heck was PBS thinking when then greenlit this for a series? Another issue is that the purple dinosaur is mega creepy with the smile and voice and will give your child nightmares. So if there are any parents of youngsters or expectant parents reading this, I strongly recommend putting on something actually educational such as Sesame Street. And if could give negative numbers as their ratings, this would get a negative -1000.
  • I've hated this since I was Eight

Barney and Friends is not much of an educational show. All it tells kids is to be happy and nothing else. In fact I'm pretty sure this helped dumb down an entire generation. Is it anyone wonder Barney is seen as a villain in internet fiction? Like I wrote above, I've hated this show when I was a little kid as this show was boring and uninteresting. Barney himself doesn't even have a character, only showing a childlike personality.

How this lasted 18 years, made 268 episodes, and 7 movies is a mystery to me. .
  • This is NOT a useful kids show

You see, the 2000 show Franklin was a good kid show. Why is this not being said about Barney? Barney seems to act like one of those way overprotective parents who over censors stuff. I know kids very young should not learn about major problems in life but they should also learn life can be uneasy at times. At least in Franklin, they admitted that there are problems in life but Barney just shakes it off, denies it and sings ear bleeding songs to cover up the problems of life. I dont feel sad to hear that this show got cancelled. PBS should have tried to make this show more real life like in a PG way.
  • Ewww I used to watch this crap.

I cant believe I used to watch this mess. it really sucks it's trash . barney is gay IMO. It dose teach some love but still it's bad real bad 1/10 abysmal.
  • WTF is this?

Shit his songs are just as bad as Justin Bieber songs. At least I can take Justin's songs seriously! Yes I hate his songs too. Not only that, at least I don't hear little kids singing with justin Bieber. Barney is a cruddy dinosaur that needs to die. His songs are god awful. Barney is always happy and never be sad. Which is fucking creepy. He makes kids talk to strangers. I wish I never liked that show. People who never watched that show or liking this show are fucking lucky!
  • 3 reasons why some Barney episodes are bad:

stranger is a friend you haven't

Sadly, children actually buy this hoax. According to news, children have been captured by people, who could be killers for all we know, and we can blame Barney for that.

is Barney, what? Are you trying to ENCOURAGE kids to grow up and be criminals? Get locked up in jail like animals at a zoo? Seriously, think before you tell the kids this.

3. The kids in it act like the only edible think in the world is junk food. Seriously, if you want healthy kids, make them eat healthy stuff.

That dinosaur may love you, he may love me, but most people don't love him back.
  • This dinosaur needs to be extinct

Whether we want to admit it or not, as children we all saw Barney the Dinosaur. The show was about a group of kids who are taught by a dinosaur about respect, manners, and other essentials of life to kids. For me though this dinosaur is just downright creepy, even when I was a kid. That voice and the smile he constantly has gives me the chills and I am sure it has given kids nightmares. Also the show teaches the stupidest things like strangers are friends we don't know. Last time I checked we learned to never talk to strangers or if they do talk to us just run away from them to your parent. Also why is everything that is sad usually resolved by singing happily. I hate to tell you this Barney but it doesn't work like that at all. Not everything can be resolved by singing at all. Imagine if Barney was at the sinking of the Titanic and he tried to cheer everyone up with a happy song. The survivors would just chuck him overboard into the water. The show also seems to tell everyone that everyone in the world is happy and no one is a jerk at all. Way to go Barney. Just wait until the kids get a dose of reality and see what the world is really like. I would love to see Barney explain that to the kids. There were some educational values to it like not cheating, respect for others, and so on. So at least this show has some educational effort, but most of the show lacks it most of the time. I also have to ask one thing. Where is the teacher of the school? I don't think the teacher ever makes an appearance on this show at all. Is he/she on permanent vacation? Are dinosaurs the teachers in this universe? My brain is melting over how stupid this show is. While this show does have little educational value to it, there is virtually no redeeming qualities to Barney at all. To think that this show has been on for 19 years as well. This dinosaur has long prolonged the inevitable and should have been extinct long ago. If you are a parent keep your kids away from this dinosaur, he is creepy and scares kids.
  • Barney is stupid!

Barney is the stupidest show ever. Barney is so ***ed.
  • I hated it even when I was little

How could anybody stand such a stupid show? Glad it got canceled! Bob west got this show canceled for saying a curse word. Thank you Bob West! This show totally sucked!!!
  • I'd smack this dinosaur with my guitar if he comes to my home.

This guy is absolutely annoying and stupid in anyways that you can think off.

Plot: A dinosaur named Barney, always misleads the children in the wrong way along with his other dinosaur friends.

Characters: What is worst in this show? Barney itself. I bet that giant cloth is up to no good, his other dinosaur friends are innocent and seems good though. I don't like Barney's design. It has a look that it stares creepily, more deeper. And that smile is just evil. Barney could fit into a death metal band or post-death metal album. Plus he sucks at singing, it sounds like a fly buzzing around. I hate flies. The kids and the other dinosaurs, are okay. Barney is just..... disturbing for be in a kids show.

Educational value: Barney misleads the children to talk anyone that you don't even know. Singing can make everyone happy really fast. Or being a plain sheep, thinking the world is always happy, or no bad people around. Thanks Barney, you made the children more weak by your stupidity. You're more dangerous than Lumpy. Lumpy only kills couple of things by his stupidity, while you making danger in children's lives worldwide.

Overall: -2.1. This dinosaur, would be great for me if he joins a death metal band. I bet he will do good there.
  • very upset

Okay today on the episode of Barney Baby Bop said that she doesn't eat food the same color as me so now my child said he wasn't going to eat greens anymore so please make sure that you know what they are saying before you put it on tv. I am one upset mom right now
  • A Children's Show That Has Overstayed Its Welcome. Or Has It Even Really Ever Been Welcomed In The First Place?

Of course, I, too, was among the many kids who grew up on watching Barney. I don't believe I ever really considered it among my favorites from my childhood. There are much better shows of the same format or genre that I preferred to it (and still do). I never really thought much of it and I never noticed just how many flaws there are within this kid show. I stopped watching and following this around the season in which the newer characters, that purple bird whose exact name I forget, Ms. something or other, and that squirrel, Scooter McNutty were introduced. Barney made me think of and remember that Animaniacs episode/segment in which the Warner siblings met the Barney parody, Baloney. I'd just wanted to mention that because I'd like to say the writer (or writers) of that nice shot you (or y'all) took at it.

No offense to any this generation's kids who do love Barney. I and others know that he's not so much for us who are out of the youth demographic now apparently, so evidently he'd no longer appeal to us (if ever, at all). But that's not the only reason. Many of us feel that this isn't among the best or greatest children shows of all time and that there have been much better for the youngsters to watch. It astounds me that this series has been running for about two decades now and hasn't gone extinct yet. I concur with others who think the same. It's high time for this to end now. I don't know if I can truly consider it overrated. Overrated by who? Other than the majority of children maybe. Surely not us older viewers. But it definitely has been overexposed for the longest. Until coming across the reviews mention the episode about strangers supposedly being your friends, I think I'd forgotten about that one. I read a review of Barney on another site that that episode has since been banned, following the controversy of a girl who was kidnapped by one. Just what was (or what were) the writer (or writers) thinking? Sending that wrong message to the young viewers. Another bad message I forgot about is not encouraging nor condoning individualism. There seems to be more flaws than the very few perfections there are with this show. And there's just so much wrong with it than not. Again, there have been other kid programs far more superior than this. If I had kids, I'd show and raise them up on those instead. And hopefully, Barney wouldn't be their favorite either. Although I now agree that Barney can be a bad influence on children, I'm not totally sure if I should nor could prevent my own from watching it. They might still want to watch it anyway regardless and I'm not sure I could ban them, even if it's for their own good. I don't recommend this as one of the first early education series toddlers should watch. Barney is brainwashing rubbish and detrimental to one's learning, and development.
  • Lame!

This show is the suckiest show in the history of lame shows. So let me get this straight: A purple dinosaur doll comes to life and runs around with a bunch of little kids. Okay. This is how I see it: A purple, man-eating dinosaur is leading a lot of kids around. He leads the kids to a little old restaraunt. He leads them into a dark room. Then he goes back outside...without any kids following along. Then if you're close you hear Barney say ,"Yummy in my tummy."Barney is a stalker. Plus, The show is for babies, not 15 year old boys (like me).
  • WTF?

I Know that this is a pregrade small children's show, But I Never standed this show in my Life (Neither when I Was Younger). But Please tell me, How did this show last this long, That's impossible. I Mean a show that is a quadrillion (Actually ''Gogolplex'') times Better was cancelled after a year, and this garbage keeps on airing. This show really needs to get canceled an it is high time that the dinousaors get extinct after almost 20 years of this trash on TV. But what type of shamefull Trash is this. Also something that really distracted me is that annoying yellow dinaousaur.
  • This show should be illegal

Dora The Explorer is now known as the worst educational show of all time. However,looking back in the 90's,there was another show that seemed like the prodessor,and it's still around. And this show is called Barney and Friends. This show is about a purple dinosaur named Barney who teaches kids life lessons. Now the first problem I have is the fact how the dinosaurs look. Barney is just downright creepy,so is BJ(that sounds wrong),Baby Bop and that Orange dinosaur. This show also has terrible lessons that teach kids the wrong things. For example,a stranger is a friend we don't know. I did my research,and I thought we had to avoid strangers as kids. Way to go,Barney. Another lesson is how there are no jerks in the world. Seriously Barney? I want to see the look on a child's face when they get bullied. But the worst part about this show are the stinkin musical numbers. I mean,they are repetitive,and most of them are stupid,especially the idiotic "I love you,you love me" song. And what's worse is the fact that despite this show sucks,it's still on the air. Why? This show has gotten negative reception,and yet PBS Kids still continues to air it. Overall,PBS Kids,please cancel this. It's nothing more than a terrible educational show that teaches kids wrong things,and it's the prodessor of Dora.

• Stupidest, most pointless, most hated, most incoherent, most unpopular, most unwanted, most uncool, and worst educational show ever.

Who came up with this idea that an unintelligent, indecent, brianless dinosaur who incoherently plays with kids and uneducationally not teaching them. I wish this show is cancelled. It is probably cancelled now. Since, I don't watch this show anymore, at least people can have quite a TV time. It ruined the 90's and 00's and the nowadays, it is probably still airing. Stupid dinosaur thinks he can air his unpopular show all the time!!!!!!!!! They need to take it OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF! I'm so sick of this show brainwashing me to death! I wish it was cancelled! Alot of teenagers and adults hate this show! Because it has a lack of educational value! STUPID SHOW!

< 1 2 3 4 5