Barney and Friends

PBS (ended 2009)

Barney and Friends Fan Reviews (148)

4.6
  • I don't agree with anyone who says this show sucks.

Barney & Friends, you know stars the famous purple dino himself and his friends BJ and BabyBop. What? I was just stating the obvious. Even though Barney first appeared in the Barney and the Backyard Gang videos, B&F is what made Barney so popular in 1993 and on. Even when younger kids liked the show, there were people who dispise it, who are called "Barney Haters." I personally hate those people. Anyway, Barney(the character, not this show) has survived about 18 years now and is not slowing down. The show has been around 13 years and people still watch it. Also, the show has made people make websited for the dino and friends, such as my message board Barney HQ. Barney rules forever!
  • Barney is cool

Barney is cool
  • Well this is a good show.

7.2
    This is a very fundemaental show for little children but it also can be scarey because some children are afraid of barney though i would be to if i hears that patheitc acting voice i mean people have to relise the best way for a child to learn is not through firbrization but through talking to them like they would to their friend (if they have friends). Well anyways this show is execellant for children and i do reccomend you let them watch it if you were thinking about it but didnt know. My youngest son grew up watching it, the only thing you wont like is the voice. Though i do not think it should still be getting new episodes.
  • Good for toddlers and preschoolers

Pretty good life lessons. Great songs, great kids, and really encourages people to be better in life
  • Barney was (and is) a good show and you know it!

Some of you guys are really hyper critial of Barney. Everybody grew up with him and he will out live us all before he's cancelled. Barney has taught kids not only about imagination and creativity, but about manners, (which most of us DON'T have sometimes)love (which EVERYBODY needs) and other basic life lessons. Although I don't understand the fact that Baby-Bop was taller than Barney in the oringinal seasons and BJ was not to be found, and the songs can get annoying, Barney is one of the classic shows, right up there with Seaseme Street.
  • Barney and Friends is a very entertaining show.

Barney the Dinosaur is a great Character for any Children show. This show has an excellent Education value. I used to be scared of him for a while (not when i was a kid). But now I'm not. However, this show has some minor flaws. 1 How come Barney is in a toy doll style? Why would they not do the same for BJ and Baby Bop. Or the other way around. Which that is Barney would come out from somewhere. Besides How come we don't see Barney turn back into a Doll? I always wonder what would it look like when Barney turns back into a doll. 2 How come the original show was called Barney and the Backyard gang? Why did they have to turn the original show into a more modified show? Did they think that the original show was boring? It's Pointless to turn from one show into the next. It's just the same thing. (With minor differences) 3 Excessive Musical Scores. Why do they have to have at least 5 songs in each Episode? I have nothing against its musical scores. But it's way too much to have. Half of the songs don't even relate to the lesson. There should be only 5 songs. No more than that. Overall this show is very fun to watch. Yea I know a lot of people say this show sucks. But it's very good. 76/100 (I've would have ranked this show a 80/100 if Barney was not scary.)
  • i luuuvvv barney

barney is hella sexy
  • While it was good when it started, it went downhill after the third movie.

Ok, who was gulity of watching this when a little squirt and ATUCALLY LIKING IT?

Well, I'm not that sure about you, but I'll admit I am.

And, to be honest, I don't find it bad.

Sure, I prefead other Y-rated cartoons liked Sesame street and Author, but this show I found got a lot mork flack to it then it desvered.

Sure, I admit the seasons after 'Barney's great adventure', I felt the show didn't go all the great.

But dispite that, I say it didn't desvered as much bashing as it's given

Mainly because it's part of childhood

It you want to bash your hearts out on something, do it to Al Kahn, because he desverbs it.
  • Used to love it

I grew up with Barney and I think that it's a great programme for little kids to watch.

It gives out a good message in a fun way. It teaches kids to be good and has a great influence on them. But it does it in a way that children are going to remember. Songs, games, and fun are Barney all over.

Barney is great for children to watch because there are so many rubbish programmes on TV at the moment that these kids are watching with inappropriate content or just patronising unbelievable stuff that is closing their imaginations, which is a big problem.

Great show for small children and it cheers me up when I'm ill!!!
  • great show

i watched this show when i was 2.But when i grew older i forgot about this great show and i watched other cartoons.i made a bad mistake,i dont really watch this show now but my little 5 year old brother does.i watch this show a little bit now.barney ya rule
  • LOL! Its Barney :]

Barney. I've met him in florida, Universal studios. Also at pontins. I know he's not actually real! I used to watch this ALL the time when I was little, I even had a talking Barney toy. I cant really remember what happened in it as I havnt watched it in ages but I know as much as i liked it! :] I dont see why alot of people hate it, They probably dont have a reason! But it is a kids programme so its not somthing they'd be watching now! If its as good as what it used to be then id give it a good score :]
  • Great for kids. Loved by all.

You people are rating this on how much YOU like it, but what you should be thinking is what it is like to the audience that is supposed to watch it! Little kids! It is very educational, fun, and funny for littles kids from 1-8! I used to watch Barney, and love it. The kids think he is real, and really learn alot. Now, I watch it with my baby sister (12 months old, as of 2006), and it is her favorite show. She learned her first words from it, and dances to it. It has become a show that some people are embarassed to admit that they watch, because its a baby show, but if you are reading this, I am sure that you watched it and loved it as a kid, and probably still do. Especially you people that rated it bad, or wrote a bad review for it. Thank You.
  • Instead of telling my experience with this show, how about I tell it to you in a kids point of view.

7.7
    This show is for young children! I must stress it out.

This show was one of my favorits as a child, and lemme tell you why. The story revolves around a dinousaur who teaches kids about numbers, letters, imagination, among the plenty of lessions they teach us. It has cathcy music, it's characters are from abled to blind, to deaf, and... it was one of the shows that wanted me to go to school.

For people who don't understand, this is a CHILDREN'S show! You are NOT gonna like it! It's a cute show for people 5 and under. It was... it's still going strong a cute. I recommened it to children under 5.
  • Kids' show, without the kid moments.

Beware of the cursing, violence and innuendo, parents !!! This show is just as bad as Family Guy, South Park, and TMZ.
  • i hate this show now, but i used to like it when i was 5.

i think this is a great show for kids starting school. it entertained me, but over the years i experienced bigger and better shows, like \"The Suite life of Zack & Cody\". i grew out of the show (Barney) and now i think it is cheesy. (very cheesy). this show is very old. i think it is time they put it to an end, even if people still enjoy watching it. there is always something more to watch the just Barney. besides barney is now lame, they don\'t need it on TV.

it\'s great for kids, but not me. now that kids know it is lame to watch barney they don\'t watch it. It\'s Time They Put It To An End!!!!!!!!! it\'s lame.

• sucks show be cancelled

This show is so childish the theme song is just like Yankee Doodel. Since 1992 Barney, Baby Bop, and B.J. have brought smiles to our faces with their non-stop adventures, stories, games, friends and, of course, the Barney Bag. Normally focusing on younger audiences, Barney teaches respect, courtesy, manners and many other essentials in life. Most children in the age group normally consisting of 2-8 watch Barney. Many of us have grown out of Barney but there are generations still to come who will enjoy Barney.
  • Who thought of this show for kids.

1.8
    This review was written by an autistic Boy who has severe communications difficulties. As such we are removing the review but leaving his rating as is. We will be moderating all his posts from this point forward as an effort to avoid any confusion and hurt feelings. This blanking of what he has written will happen to all the "Reviews" he has made at this time, and should any be made in the future they will be done on a case by case basis. Please do not take offence at our sons words or reviews as he is struggling to communicate with a world that he has trouble reasoning with.
  • A purple dinosaur telling you whats right and what isn't.

Seriously you learned so many thing from Barney. You have to give him some credit. He made you warm inside every time the theme song was heard. He sort of taught you how to sing and hug. he told you to share and it would make you a better person. that show helps you to reach heaven when you die. The producer wants all the viewers to go to heaven. This show is mentioned every day. Every time you hear or say baney it reminds you of the friendly purple dinosaur. I think if we were forced to watch the show non- stop we'd be better human beings. Though we'd be pretty stupid.
  • Barney And Friends Is A Show That Teaches Young Kids ABC's 123's And Other Basic Learning Skills. This Is An Excellent Show For Young Children.

Barney And Friends Is A Great Learning Experience And Teaches Children Social Skills Too. I Would Definitely Not Watch This Show For Myself But I Do Recommend It To Young Children. I Think That Instead Of Talking Trash About Barney People Need To Wise Up And Just Not Say Anything At All. My Younger Siblings And Younger Cousins Absolutely Love Watching Barney Because It Gives Them A Sense Of Security And Keeps Them Happy. Plus When They Are Watching Barney They Aren't Bothering Me Like They Normally Would. So I'm In Some Ways Actually Quite Thankful For The Television Show Barney And Friends.
  • barney's put on weight!!! no way!!

ok i will try to be a nice guy on this review but i might get a little grumpy

OK, after this show first premired on PBS on April 6, 1992, the network started to lose it's educational value when they air kids shows. I mean seriously, what the heck does this show teach kids, absolutly NOTHING, i mean like seriously, even barney the man/dinosaure himself is gettin fat and old and losing his unique dinosaruic touch

on a more positive note, i would like to say that my favorite characters are Barney, Baby Bop, B.J., Riff, Michael, Amy, Luci, Adam, Derek, Jason, and they really get me goin on a hard day
  • The show is about a imaginary purple dinosaur that has adventures with the other characters who come to the park to play. They learn life lessons, discuss problems, and tend to have a wonderful time (singing, dancing, etc). A great show for any child.

Barney is a great show that teaches children many life lessons that some parents today don't feel are very important or are too lazy to teach their children themselves. I love watching Barney with my 20 month old daughter....when we are not out exploring & playing. We sing, dance, learn, and have fun together. This season has Barney traveling with the children all over the world to teach them about differences & diversity (as well as discovery). Shows like Barney help making learning fun and encourage children to be kind, respectful, and helpful. I actually find myself humming some of the songs and it makes me happy knowing that my daughter enjoys them too.
  • Whoever thought of thought must be drunk!

This show is stupid! How old are these kids 11? They should be cool like us not some dumb kid who dances and sings. Barney is a retard who sings real bad. Barney is too kind. He\\\'s an adult he should go to the bar and be drunk. I feel sad whoever has to wear the suit. How long can he keep up with the corny smile and goofy accent. I would rather do my homework, eat a bumblebee alive, and put myself on fire than watch this retarded show. I\\\'m only writing this to express my hate,fire,and pity for this show.
  • Yuk this show is annoying!

1.1
  • I don't like this show but its the Kids that love it not us!

Barney & Friends lived since 1992 and it was also the name that Kids enjoyed it until at a certain age they started swearing and want to torture the dinosaur but I don't like it and as if you can see that I put a notch to 5 because sometimes its enjoyable but there are a little lot of mishaps including repeated characters and "already known" songs. But the show can be better once it has new episodes and they should perhaps turn down the G*Y notch because that's the teenager's problem that he's too sexual to adults and they should also bring new characters to the show with newer stuff that he should also get a new look just like Blue in the newest show called Blue's Room and overall it's not that good for teenagers but its the kids just like the last good reviewer said on 1/2006!
  • one simple word.....BORING!

3.7
    Ok why did I even bother watching this show? Why is even it still on? This show is getting too old.It would also give mixed messages to the people who are watching the show.An purple dinosaur doing many imagination stuff and things.Ya know what more boring the songs as well.I think this show should cancel.I used to watch Barney when I was liked 8 years old.Now I had grown out of it.It is ok for preschoolers to liked it.But still I think it is boring and something that waste my time watching on tv.When I could watch something more better.I hate to be in anyone shoes who are older and is still watching this show.
  • I would rather do dish then watch barney

4.8
    When ever I go baby sitting one boy has to watch barney otherwess he will be crying and want his mom and they only have two videos. Yesterday when I was baby sitting they whated to watch barney all of them and not just the one boy so when they were watching it the did the dishes. I can't stand watching barney. Will yes at one time we all like Barney but why can't it be one of the other shows that kids don't like after a while or Barney just stop airing selling videos. Barney is a show for younger kids and when every one who grows up will not like it all at one time so we have to let kids like it now and not like when they are older.
  • What do you expect? its a kids show!

5.2
    I never liked barney when i was younger, infact i was scared and creeped out by him.While all the other kids liked barney,i tried to steer clear of him and his show, my mom was always forcing me to watch it. Well, what does it matter what everybody on here says anyways? its a show for kids! it wasnt made for adults or teens. I'll say its good for kids because it teaches you to be nice to everyone and to work in teams,etc. teaches them good morals in life. But if your over the age of 4-5 i'd advise you stay away from it. I finally watched it a lot when i was younger, but now even though i dont watch it anymore i appreciate it better because it teaches kids good things. Now barney isn't do popular as he was in te 90s and probably kids wont watch him anymore so everyone should be happy now!
  • I used to watch this when I was younger.

7.3
    I remember when i was on the bus and they would make up songs out of this show. Instead of "i love you, you love me" they would say something like "i hate barney, you do to, lets kill him..". I know it was kidish and had no point but to teach little kids matters. I don't know why everyone hates this show so much so. The one thing I really do have against this show is that on the news: the dude in the suite took advantage of little kids. Which is really sad that happen. Though this show is past its prime, people should show this show more respect.
  • Under appreciated!!! Definitely!

7.3
    I actually disagree with all the negative feedback this show has gotten. I never really watched this show as a kid because I was a bit too old, but I remember the kid my grandma was babysitting at the time. HE LOVED this show! This show has a positive message for kids, even though now, teens wouldn't be caught dead watching something as simple and innocent as this show, but I can remember when they were kids smiling and laughing along with the purple friend! If you like this show, I recommend blues clues, the doodlebops and or dora the explorer along with mickey and friends! How about rollie pollie ollie?

...Everone thinks they are funny writing bad reviews about this show, but this actually made them laugh and entertained them as children!
  • this show is one of the most impressing learning experience for children. open their imagination. give them fun but at the same time teach basics and keep them intertained.

great show i am surprised that it scored only 4.0 seems many young people do not know it well, but iam sure that they have some experience with it. all its episodes were very objectives, giving a new experience for children and keep them thinking and open their imagination. my children used to love it and think of Barney as one of their friends who they loved for years. gave them many stories and songs would have been forgotten if it was not for this show. will be a suitable show for all times and all children around the world .
< 1 2 3 4 5