Barney and Friends

PBS (ended 2009)

Barney and Friends Fan Reviews (151)

4.6
  • I have 1 problem with Barney.

In reading these reviews and I'm thinking that some were written by 15 year old kids. This show is for babies.

I loved this show when I was a baby. My 4 month (almost 5 month) old son loves Barney. What baby doesn't?

Watching this with my son now I realize the one major problem with this show... Barney tells EVERYONE he loves them?! In the song it says, "with a great big hug and a kiss from me to you". Sometimes it shows the kids giving Barney a kiss on the cheek.

Just picture this: you kid is in preschool and the teacher says "I love you". "Give me a kiss on the cheek". It's teaching children to love everyone. Think of how easily strangers can trick and lure children. I hate this about Barney. Other than that it's nice and entertains the baby for hours while I do chores/make dinner.

To the person that said "the children in Barney are pre-pubescents", you are wrong. The kids range from about 7-9 if that.