Barney and Friends

Weekdays 10:00 AM on PBS Premiered Apr 01, 1992 In Season

Barney and Friends Fan Reviews (146)

4.6
  • A word to parents out there: Do NOT let your children watch Barney!

I only got one word to describe this: TERRIFYING!

So basically here, Barney teaches you to chat, become friends with, and even hug strangers! Don't the creators and writers know that will likely make children get kidnapped because of that?

Also at the end of every episode, Barney sings a somewhat irritating song named "I love you". Ugh, that just makes me sick. Who would love a satanic, scary purple dinosaur that brainwashes several kids?

Another thing to add is that the characters (which are probably school children) do nothing but play with Barney. I'm not sure if they skipped school, which hints a bad influence on kids.

So far the characters are ALWAYS spotted eating junk food. So that is telling us the only thing you should eat in this planet is fat, sugary food. That's just wrong! Why does Sprout STILL show reruns of this?

Barney says it's okay and good to steal and cheat. No, I'm being serious here. If you want me to repeat that again, here it is: According to Barney, he says it's okay to steal and cheat.

So let me get this straight. Alright, imagine you are at your local game store and you see a game that's $59.99. However, all you have is 49 cents, but you say this in your mind, "Oh wait! Barney said stealing is fine!" so you snatch it from the shelve and run off. Hours later, you get arrested by the cops and later in court, all you can say is, "Barney made me do it".