Which one do you prefer?

Tkerekes13

[1]Apr 21, 2007
    • level: 28

Which one do you prefer, Barney & Friends or Barney and the Backyard Gang? Please let me know! (I still dislike Barney!)

Edited on 01/01/2010 7:22pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

KaraJackson

[2]Dec 6, 2009
    • level: 3
    I pefer Barney & Friend's because Barney &The Backyard Gang is to oldschool and if I had to vote for "Barney &Friend's" . I would sing along espically with Brian Eppes aka Mike.

Tkerekes13

[3]Jan 1, 2010
    • level: 28
    KaraJackson wrote:
    I pefer Barney & Friend's because Barney &The Backyard Gang is to oldschool and if I had to vote for "Barney &Friend's" . I would sing along espically with Brian Eppes aka Mike.
    Okay, well, oldschool is usually better, and in this case, Barney & the Backyard Gang, along with the early seasons of Barney & Friends, is a little better than the current Barney seasons. And speaking of Brian Eppes, Brian Eppes was without a doubt the heart and soul of the early Barney shows! I give Brian Eppes full recognition! By the way, I also secretly like Baby Bop. Do you think she got along better before her big brother BJ was introduced?

BlackTulip009

[4]Jun 28, 2010
    • level: 12
    Oh gosh...it's tough. I know Barney is one of those shows everyone likes to make fun of, and even when I was little I did that, but pretty much all in good fun, because I seriously did enjoy both Barney & Friends on TV, and all my Backyard Gang videos. Overall I might choose the Backyard Gang...loved that oldschool look, and Mike (Brian.) The kids and music in both were lots of fun, you've got to admit. The classic Barney is, like almost everything else in entertainment, better than what they've been making recently. I have to say that I loved my old tapes. I can recall a green-boxed one in which they pretended their jungle gym playset was a spaceship (and sang "Jack Be Nimble")...a yellow-boxed one in which they performed various songs onstage, and one number in a bathtub...I've still got Barney's Night Before Christmas and watch it almost every year, and I HOPE I still have Imagination Island. I think so. ^_^ Those tapes were always kept near the "There Goes a..." series, the Mary Kate & Ashley (whom I no longer care for) party videos, a William Wegman Weimaraner Christmas special, Sesame Street tapes, scores of Disney ones and cartoons such The Flintstones, Casper, Dr. Seuss, etc. etc. etc. etc.
    Many very good memories there...including my brother and me pretending to be evil dentists on a life-sized Barney plushie in the backyard, yanking dirty rocks out of his mouth, then accidentally leaving him in the grass where he was peed upon by our Beagle...xD;; >.>