Barney & The Backyard Gang

Barney & The Backyard Gang Fan Reviews (4)

5.9
  • I get a funny feeling whenever I watch Barney & The Backyard Gang on tv. It sends a chill up my spine in a way that I can't quite describe.

I get a funny feeling whenever I watch Barney & The Backyard Gang on tv. It sends a chill up my spine in a way that I can't quite describe. This time, it's no exception. When I picked this up during my visit to Blockbuster, I knew I was in for a treat as I have been so many times felt before. I was right! If you haven't gotten this yet, beg, steal, buy or do whatever you need to get it. You won't regret it.

• Wanna know about the first Barney videos? Then, read below.

Do you think Barney started his carrer on PBS? I hate to admit, but you're wrong. Barney started in this video series called Barney and the Backyard Gang. It's kinda like a beta of B&F. There were 7 videos in the series, The Backyard Show, 3 Wishes, A Day at the Beach, Waiting for Santa, Barney's Campfire Sing-Along,Barney In Concert and Rock with Barney. While these videos aren't in stores anymore, however you can get them on eBay, at garage sales and thrift stores. Actually, Barney in Concert was rereleased to use with the Actimates Barney toy by Microsoft with the TV pack.
  • A million times more watchable the current Barney. Way more enjoyable--especially since someone as famous as Sandy Duncan is in some of the episodes.

Here's how I was introduced:

One day, I somehow found out about all of these really old Barney videos that were under the name, "Barney and the Backyard Gang." I thought it was interesting, to be honest. After all, I had never seen the old Barney before.

Well, one day, I was at this place where there were a lot of kids. I noticed that they had the first video in the series, "The Backyard Show," so one of the people popped it in. That's when I was really getting interested. Not only did it show kids at their homes rather than at their school, but it also showed their parents, too. I, personally, think that's better. Everything in it pretty much all makes sense. I mean, really. In the current Barney, they have things that don't make any sense. I mean, who ever heard of a school that has a humongous sized tree with an amazingly large tree house? Certainly not I.

Anyhow, I haven't watched the series in a really long time, so I can't review it as much as I'd like to. I'll have to stop here, needless to say.

Final Show Grade: B
  • This show is good for any age group expesically children with disablity. Baecause this show is enernating and adrobale and the song's are easy to sing-along too. And personaly I would watch these tapes everyday. Be rewinding it over again, again.

This show is good for using your imagation and help's teach children and teenagers how to sing -along and dance and also how to pretend and use good manner's and knowalge and how to use aproate lanauge and how to say nice and do nice thing's for other's and how treat theirb family and friends with respect,love, and how to sing classic children song's and how to dance to " Sally TheCamel"
    " Sarasponda" " Mr.Knickerbockerbocker"
    " The Other Day I Meet A Bear"
    "TellMe Why I Love You?"
    " And other BYG song"
    *This video series helped me in life because I was a young child at the time.