Barney Miller Forums

ABC (ended 1982)

Gone forever?

Abriel004

[1]May 20, 2007
    • level: 8

It seems like forever since anybody has seen this program. Getting the dvd will not help as they are refusing to release the remaining seasons. So if anyone can help bring this show back on television (even if it is Ion) that would be great.

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Rally 

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

IndianaMom

[2]Jun 10, 2007
    • level: 54
    I agree, I'd love to see it again. I wonder if they overdid it back in the 80s. The reruns seemed to be on a lot back then. Maybe some people got tired of it. Not me.

tsreeder

[3]Jun 14, 2007
    It may pop up again one of these days. It disappeared in the U.S.for several years, but then was playing again in some corners of the world as recently as 2006.

JohnnyPromoshot

[5]Sep 10, 2007
    • level: 7

The show was on in the Chicagoland area on Me-TV (cable 23 or 223) for quite awhile (until the middle of summer '06).They had on two episodes a day at 11 pm, and I only wished I had discovered it sooner. I managed to Tivo most of the episodes from the middle of season 3 until the middle of the last season when the reruns were pulled for Mary Tyler Moore and later Star Trek (which makes little sense seeing the latter is on at least two other networks here as well--UPN and G4). Me-TV was smart once when they put Quincy, M.E. back on after a long hiatus and I had hoped they would do the same with Barney Miller as well. So far, over a year later, it still has yet to been seen again.

sawyer66

[6]Nov 15, 2007
    • level: 10
    Season 2 will be released on DVD January 22nd 2008. Finally!

JonJax

[7]Jul 3, 2009
    • level: 18

IndianaMom wrote:
    I agree, I'd love to see it again. I wonder if they overdid it back in the 80s. The reruns seemed to be on a lot back then. Maybe some people got tired of it. Not me.

It is not a matter of "over doing it", heck I Love Lucy has been in re-runs across the nation and around the world continously for almost 50 years without being "over done". I look forward to Season 3 DVDs, for me the first 3 seasons were the best then each year went a notch below yet the series never really "jumped the shark" despite towards its conclusion they gave too much time to Levitt. After Sgt Yemana died the show was never quite the same. my favorite was Chano Mangual follwed by Harris, forever dapper

archangelwho

[8]Jan 16, 2010
    • level: 18
    It is on now. I catch it when I;m looking around some nights. To be honest I can not remember the network, time or days. Will note the next time I see it.

IndianaMom

[9]Mar 30, 2010
    • level: 54
    WGN America out of Chicago airs it on Sunday nights

wildwill

[10]May 23, 2011
    KDOC 56 airs 2 episodes daily in Los Angeles at 11:00 am and 11:30 am - currently they just started Season 6.