TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Basilisk Forums

IFC (ended 2007)

Episode Discussion:"Emancipation"(06/08/07)

What did you think?

danharr

[1]Jun 6, 2007
    • level: 45
    Hopefully emancipation will be in the form of a dead Tensen oh well here's to wishful thinking please discuss here
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

nopperabo

[2]Jun 9, 2007
    • level: 16
    Interesting, It looks like Tensen lied when he said that decapitation would kill him permanently (unless he meant that he couldnt ressurect in that case unless someone else put his head back on for him.) so now we come to the result we all knew it would come to; Gennoskue versus Oboro. If the promo is any clue Gennoskue's eyes will be healed somehow. It think that in the end both thier powers will be negated. (Oboro's power to negate ninja arts will occur at the same moment that Gennoskue's power to turnarts agaisnt thierusers will turn Oboro's negation power back on herself.)

danharr

[3]Jun 9, 2007
    Yes so glad Tensama is dead and Oboro's power is now unleashed. Still not sure about the ending if they'll kill each other or slaughter everyone watching and run off together.

nopperabo

[4]Jun 10, 2007
    well the cant slay everyone. Remember that this is happening at the end of Ieyasu's reign and the Edo period(a.k.a the Tokugawa Shogonate historically lasts another 200 or so years (until Admiral Perry and the Meji revolution) so someonehas to ascend to the shogun throne. If I was a little better at my Japanese history I would be able to tell you who.

danharr

[5]Jun 10, 2007
    I was just referring to the crowd of witnesses they could run yes the Tokugawa government would hunt them but they could try.

nopperabo

[6]Jun 10, 2007
    And all I meant was that they couldn't slay all of the witnesses since both of the shogun candiates are proably going to be there and logically whoever historically ascend to the throne would have to, by defintion survive. If they could then they praobly could get away with getting away since the deal that broght the ninja's in in the first place was very secret andit wouldnot surprise me if those at the fight represented the total group who actually knew about them.

danharr

[7]Jun 10, 2007
    Oh okay I was separating Emperor Tokugawa from this whole affair or those closely associated with him but your saying they are most likely there to see how this turns out.

nopperabo

[8]Jun 11, 2007
    Bingo. Btw Tokugawa is Shogun not Emperor.Shogun is the chief Warlord in the Japanese feudal system and as such the actual to of goverment. Techinically the shoun is below the Emperor in thesocial Hirearchy. However,at this point in history the Emperor is nearly powerless and will remain so until the Meji revoulation in the 1850's.The diffence between being Emperor and being Shogun is more or less like that between being King/Queen of England and being Prime Minister in modern Britain. Iyeasu is also the first Shogun topreside over a completely united and fairly peacefulJapan, being the last of the three Unifying Shoguns (following Oda Nobunaga and Toyotomi Hideyoshi.) which could go a long way to explaining why he took such elaborate precautions to secure that his heir would be the right one.