Basilisk Forums

IFC (ended 2007)

Episode Discussion:"Requiem"(06/15/07)

The finale what did you think

danharr

[1]Jun 14, 2007
    • level: 45
    Well this is it final episode please discuss here
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

danharr

[2]Jun 15, 2007
    • level: 45
    Now that was interesting great way to break the cycle with the death of both clans so to speak. The death of the warring factions of those clans anyway it was nice that the unseen peaceful members have pretty much stopped hostilities. I'm happy with the ending it summed up the show perfectly.

princeszkathy

[3]Jun 24, 2007
    • level: 9
    I think it was noble what Oboro did she did it out of love and I think it was a perfect ending it reminds me of Romeo and Juliet the feuding families ending in each of them killing themselves.

duality_236

[4]Jun 28, 2008
    • level: 8
    poor

daywalker1226

[5]Jul 11, 2008
    • level: 2
    i dont think it was neccessary for oboro to kill herself, but i understand why the writers had it done; Mostly for a sense of closure. If she doesnt prove her love by suicide (thus ending the war between the two tribes) then the story can have loose ends, the writers wanted to make sure that the ending couldnt be misconstrued.

i personally wish that the writers would have stayed away from the whole romeo-juliet storyline, and let the two live in peace together, which would also end the war between their two clans, seeing as how nobody else was left alive from either clan that could defeat gennouske (remember there were still villagers from each clan that were still alive, but they were very weak) I think the happy ending would have been a fine fit here instead of the violent twist, but an excellent show non-the-less.