Basilisk

IFC (ended 2007)

DJSagittarius

Basilisk Fan Reviews (15)

• Basilisk is a great anime. It has love stories, conflicts, action, vengeance, treason and much more.

Basilisk is a great anime. It has love stories, conflicts, action, vengeance, treason and much more. It is impossible not to love it. When you see an episode, you can't stop seeing until you finish the whole story. It has an addiction quality.
    The animation and the sound are superb with a great care for the minimum detail.
    The end is very tragic, but realistic. Some may say it was unoriginal, but I can´t see other possibility for an end, so it fits like a glove.
    Some may say the battles are too short, but I think this is one of the qualities of the show. It serves to show us how life is fragile and gives it a sense of speed that fits the story perfectly.
    It has some flaws, but they are a minor problem, because of the quality of the rest of the show. One flaw that I can say is the use of gratuitous nudity scenes. Some are necessary to the history, but some are forced. Although none is really disgusting.