Bates Motel

Underwater

Aired Monday 10:00 PM May 13, 2013 on A&E

• Bad episode from a good show...

This is probably the worst episode of the show so far. The focus on the workers seemed a bit pointless and just another way to show Norma losing control. Emma and the cupcake was totally pointless. A bit of comedy that just fell really flat. I like Dylan but Bradley is an annoying character so their side story and relationship set up was very hard to watch. I like Remo but I'm not sure why. Norman as usual was the star attraction of the show. I loved the scene with Dylan where he's talking about his dream. The interaction with the teacher and scene with him and Norma in bed was a bit discomforting to watch as I kept expecting something more to happen. I'm glad it didn't as I think it would have cheapened the show. In the end not a great episode. It did a good job continuing to build Norma and Norman but unfortunately that came at the cost of wasting Emma and Dylan on senseless or uninteresting plot lines. As for Mr. Abernathy and Romero I think the are clearly working together and both seeking the money from Norma. I think Norma will try to get help from the Sherrif and find none there. It will then be time for Dylan to save the day again... if Norman has killed him over Bradley yet.
  • Underwater

Underwater was a superb episode of Bates Motel and I really enjoyed watching because there was a lot of action, drama and revelations. It was funny seeing Norma react to the pot smokers. Dylan helps Bradley at great risk. Norman fluxuates between being his own self and seeking his mother's approval. It was awesome of his teacher to give him oppertunity. Dylan confronts Norman about his dreams but Norman's assurances are not convincing enough. It was fun seeing Emma eat a pot brownie. Abernathy or whoever he is was scary and forceful. I liked how eveeverything played out and look forward to watching what happens next!!!!!!!!!