Batman

Rats Like Cheese

Aired Wednesday 12:00 AM Feb 03, 1966 on ABC

• Transformation

It's true - this is one of the only times you will see Robin disobey an order from Batman (he does it again, most memorably, in Episode 75). The idea of giving Freeze a multi-temperature lair, controlled via a hand-held device, made for an interesting plot angle. Looking back, this is where Batman began to find its stride. The episode helped define exactly the zany path the producers, directors and actors wished to take.
  • Batman and Robin continue their battle with Mr.Freeze.

The first showing of Mr.Freeze(well actually the second showing since this is continuing from the last episode). I thought it was interesting that Robin actually disobeyed Batman. I can't think of any other episode in this show he did that again. It really gave a unique twist to it. The actor who played Mr.Freeze did a really grand job. When he sitting there telling Batman about his need for revenge it actually brought some sympathy from me, and I rarely feel sympathy for any villains on TV shows. The most funny part about this episode is that nobody untied that baseball player guy!