Batman Beyond Forums

The WB (ended 2001)

Adult Terry

edmorita

[1]Jan 5, 2006
    • level: 22
    Bruce portrayed himself as a playboy so that no one would ever suspect that he was in fact Batman. What would adult Terry's alternate persauna be? He doesn't really seem the type to be able to run Wayne Enterprises like Bruce did.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Supermeng

[2]Jan 5, 2006
    • level: 15
    Not only that but why would he? Unless Bruce left control of the company to Terry in his will or something. I think adult Terry is just a low profile guy. He's not rich at all so nobody would ever give him a second thought. I think he was hired as Bruce Wayne's assistant or something but I don't think that would bring him any unwanted attention.

The reason Bruce had to parade around as a playboy was because he was one of Gotham's elite and would have had people looking into his life anyway. It was more of a preventative measure.

Terry will most likely marry his girlfriend and be a typical family man.

kenneth_velez

[3]Jan 5, 2006
    • level: 2
    Barely any one saw Clark outside of the Daily Planet, Thats because he wasn't in the public light. Bruce has a very high celebrity cause he is one of the richest socialites in Gotham and people would begin to wonder. I remember one episode of the Adam West show (reruns, I'm not that old) where EggHead had set up a trap which had all of Gothams Millionaires,cause he figured out that BM would have to be rich as it is a non paying profession and he had a Helicopter, Boat, Car, and Motorcycle not to mention all his toys. He basically did the Ra's Al Ghul thing only not as therough on his research.

edmorita

[4]Jan 5, 2006
    Well, Terry is Bruce's Biological son, so in the event of Bruce's death, Terry stands to inherit everything.

kenneth_velez

[5]Jan 5, 2006
    No-one knows that he is Terry's biological father, and for him to Bring out that kind of information now would arrouse too many Questions. He could still leave it to Terry or he could give it to Charity. Nora Fries charity that Victor started seems like a good place to start. Not that he doesn't have pet projects of his own, after all he is a Billionaire.

Aldrius

[6]Jan 5, 2006
    • level: 10
    And there's his other wards and family (re: Friends) to consider. Barbera, Tim, Dick. (Though they're probably next in line to meet the reaper... >_>

borikua_rocks

[7]Jan 10, 2006
    • level: 12
    Well its most logical that, in the event of Bruces death, Bruce leave all his wealth to Terry (so that he continues as Batman. He would need the finance. Terry would need to destroy the Batcave and mansion (to destroy any evidence of Bruce=Batman), start a new identity, and with th emoney set up another Batcave. Thats my opinion.

Supermeng

[8]Jan 11, 2006
    I think the best alternative would be for Bruce to leave the company to someone else who was in on the secret (maybe Barb or Dick). This way, they could finance Terry. Terry just doesn't seem to have the business sense but who knows? Maybe he picked up on that from Bruce over the years too.

edmorita

[9]Jan 15, 2006
    Well Barb is the current Comissioner of Gotham, and who knows where Dick is. I vaguely recall one of Bruce's board members being Lucious Fox's son. So maybe Bruce could leave his estate to Terry, and have Lucious's son run the company. Also, there is Terry's younger brother Matt. It's logical that sometime during their relationship his brother finds out that Terry is Batman. Terry doesn't want his brother following in his footsteps and makes him concentrate on his schooling. Terry's brother could grow up to be some super smart buisiness man, and he can run Wayne enterprises. You never know, although it was never mentioned, Matt could be Bruce's biological son too.

kenneth_velez

[10]Jan 16, 2006
    Fox's son may be taking care of Foxtecha, a company made reference to once during Batman Beyond. Tim Drake, the stalite engire could probably get the company. I am not even going to mention Richard, cause that all they did about him on Batman Beyond.

On a side note, they have really messed them selves over with the whole entire Dick Grayson thing. I mean after Gotham Knights all they do is mention him, the last time we saw him was in Batman: Rise of Sin Tzu (which should be made into a movie imo).

edmorita

[11]Jan 17, 2006
    After what happened in Return of the Joker, I don't think that Bruce could fully trust Tim again. You are gonna need A LOT of therapy after years of having the Joker messing with your head.

borikua_rocks

[12]Jan 18, 2006
    Actually he appears in the episode where Barbara was infected by Scarecrow and has a dream that she died and Commisionar Gordan does a manhunt for Batman. I forgot whats the exact name of the episode. Its a cool one though.

edmorita

[13]Jan 18, 2006
    I remember that episode, but who is the "he" you are refering to?

kenneth_velez

[14]Jan 19, 2006
    Over the Edge, spoiler... its called over the edge for like 20 reasons including the one where Gordon thinks Bruce is out of hand, also towards the end Babs father figures are thrown over the edge of a building by Bane.

borikua_rocks

[15]Jan 20, 2006
    edmorita wrote:
    I remember that episode, but who is the "he" you are refering to?

someone had mentioned that Nightwing aka: Dick Grayson dosnt appear in "Batman: Gotham Nights" and he does. In that episode "Over the edge"

Supermeng

[16]Jan 23, 2006
    Wow, whoever said that is really wrong. Nightwing appears in several episodes of GK

killers411

[17]Feb 4, 2006
    • level: 3
    I think half this thread doesn't understand that:

Bruce Wayne will never die. He's too goddammed stubborn to die.

Terry will die of old age before Bruce ever will.

If you don't want me to dodge the question:

I see Terry "managing the Wayne estate" aka housekeeper. And becoming a trust funder.

It's not like he has an academic or job ambitions, so he could actually become a full time batman. Terry never showed any aptitude for any of his studies.

As for the batman wealth, he would probably distribute it to charities and his batkids, barbs dick and tim.

kenneth_velez

[18]Feb 4, 2006
    You sound like you just watched "The Call," which isn't really a bad thing. But what you said about Terry is kind of messed, especially cause he isn't even in his senor year of high school. He has shown quit an apptitude for Mathmatics and is pretty quick with deductive reasoning. Lets not for get that Bruce in BTAS was a in his late 20s early 30s and that Terry is still a teenager.

jusjon17

[19]Feb 5, 2006
    • level: 7
    About the company after bruce dies the if bruce doesnt put someone in his will the bored of dircetors will choose a new CEO and chairman.To run the company...

About the batcave and such bruce would proble be secratly burried in it or placed some where in the cave.The house would proble be left to terry and his family......

cheezewiz_911

[20]Feb 5, 2006
    • level: 4
    NO i think Bruce will be burried next to his parents. NOw for inheretnace, i beleive Tim, and Dick will get the money because htey are his adopted children. He won't give Barbra any cause she isn't family but he might give her some. ANd for terry, he might either inheret some or inheret the Batcave and Tim, or Dick could fund him. BUt i am really shaky with all my theories.