Batman Beyond Forums

The WB (ended 2001)

Batman or Batman Beyond?

RobbieBasse

[61]May 23, 2010
    • level: 8

TAS vs. Beyond? Well that's a tough one. They're both amazing series. But for me personally, I enjoy Beyond more than I do TAS. At first, I just thought they were equal but I came to like Beyond more. And I think my main reason for preferring Beyond is Terry himself. Why do I enjoy him more than Bruce Wayne as Bats? Well, with Bruce, he was a stoic vigilante who almost always knew what to do in a tough situation. Terry, on the other hand, is a teenager who makes jokes, makes mistakes as Bats and doesn't always know what to do. Now, if you like your hero to be a stoic who knows what to do in most situations, fine, good for you. But Terry wasn't like that. He wasn't somebody who trained to be a master in all fighting styles and studied on how to take down criminals, he was an inexperianced kid who didn't always know how to handle some things as Bats. For me, I like that more. When Bruce is fighting a villain in TAS, no matter what happened, I always said "Oh come on, of course he's gonna win, he's BATMAN!" But with Terry, you didn't always know if he would win, and that got me worried about him. When you start to get scared for a fictional character, you know that this is a good series. I just prefer my heroes to be funny and to not always know what to do because I think it makes the story more engaging. Plus I liked that they didn't just futurize every old villain, but I loved how we saw how characters grew after all those years like Bruce, Barbara and Tim. And how villains turned out was pretty cool too (Mr. Freeze, Bane, Harley). And I just think, IMO, that Beyond had better stories. Episodes like "Earth Mover", "Meltdown", "Return of the Joker", just can't compare to TAS stories. But remember, this is MY opinion. Don't hate on me if you don't agree.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

seto1

[62]May 29, 2010
    • level: 16
    RobbieBasse wrote:

TAS vs. Beyond? Well that's a tough one. They're both amazing series. But for me personally, I enjoy Beyond more than I do TAS. At first, I just thought they were equal but I came to like Beyond more. And I think my main reason for preferring Beyond is Terry himself. Why do I enjoy him more than Bruce Wayne as Bats? Well, with Bruce, he was a stoic vigilante who almost always knew what to do in a tough situation. Terry, on the other hand, is a teenager who makes jokes, makes mistakes as Bats and doesn't always know what to do. Now, if you like your hero to be a stoic who knows what to do in most situations, fine, good for you. But Terry wasn't like that. He wasn't somebody who trained to be a master in all fighting styles and studied on how to take down criminals, he was an inexperianced kid who didn't always know how to handle some things as Bats. For me, I like that more. When Bruce is fighting a villain in TAS, no matter what happened, I always said "Oh come on, of course he's gonna win, he's BATMAN!" But with Terry, you didn't always know if he would win, and that got me worried about him. When you start to get scared for a fictional character, you know that this is a good series. I just prefer my heroes to be funny and to not always know what to do because I think it makes the story more engaging. Plus I liked that they didn't just futurize every old villain, but I loved how we saw how characters grew after all those years like Bruce, Barbara and Tim. And how villains turned out was pretty cool too (Mr. Freeze, Bane, Harley). And I just think, IMO, that Beyond had better stories. Episodes like "Earth Mover", "Meltdown", "Return of the Joker", just can't compare to TAS stories. But remember, this is MY opinion. Don't hate on me if you don't agree.

Well i agree with u up to a point even though i agree that it was his less than polished nature that made him such a great batman however there were times i was left saying omg i cant believe you fell for that your batman,didn't Bruce teach you anything.So there were times i was left wanting more or expecting more from terry but i loved seeing him being with dana and his normal life,Bruce never really gave me that.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.