Batman Beyond Forums

The WB (ended 2001)

Best episode?

A_Kefka

[21]Jan 1, 2009
    • level: 10
    I liked the show as a whole, but some of my favorite episodes seem to be ones that really connect back to the old series, so "Meltdown" and "Out of the Past" are way up there. "The Call" was also very good. Liked the episodes with Shriek too, he just seemed more of a classic batman villian to me. Of course "Return of the Joker" is the best, but dont' really count it as an episode.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

seto1

[22]Jan 7, 2009
    • level: 16
    Out of the past was weird and awesome long live bruce

jwgrlrrajn

[23]Jan 28, 2009
    • level: 23
    It's kind of a tough call for me, but I really liked Meltdown a lot.

I liked The Eggbaby too. (disagree with me if you want, but I thought the Eggbaby was adorable)

Other episodes that come to mind are, Rebirth 1&2, Dissapearing Inque, Ascension, Shriek, Epilogue (technically a JLU episode), Eyewitness, Out of the Past, and more.

MajLorne

[24]Feb 28, 2009
    • level: 21
    theportal wrote:
    "Return of the Joker" is the best, but as it's a movie, it shouldn't count. My favourite episodes are "Meltdown", "Earth Mover", "Shriek", "King's Ransom", "Out of the Past" and "The Call".
    Totally agreed, and I really liked "Earth Mover" a lot. It's one of those rare episodes where the villain wasn't really a villain and you felt sorry about how he ended up the way he did, almost like Clayface and Mr. Freeze in B:TAS.

About the Eggbaby episode - I hope Terry didn't have to share the same grade as that girl, he did all the work and she did absolutely nothing. That's pretty much the main gripe I had about that episode. I know I'd be ticked off if my partner did nothing and got the same grade as me when I did everything.

cra2ywolf

[25]Mar 2, 2009
    • level: 7
    Meltdown, Dead Man's Hand, The Winning Edge, Out of the Past, The Call, Splicers, Ace in the Hole, The Curse of the Cobra

batmanfan12

[26]Apr 14, 2010
    • level: 2

Some many episodes are good but my favorites are

Eyewitness

Out of the Past (i loved the part where terry and bruce fight together)

Meltdown

Rebirth (perfect start)

Lost Soul (i loved the final battle)

Payback

Curse of the Kobra

Blackout

The Winning Edge

Dead Man's Hand

and best of all, The Return of the Joker

KingofIPirates

[27]Apr 14, 2010
    • level: 32
    Especially liked Meltdown, Black out, Dead Man's hand, Shriek, A touch of Curare, The Winning Edge, Out of the Past,etc.

zepherous35

[28]Jun 27, 2010
    • level: 26

If I had to pick just a few episodes that I liked, which is hard to do by the way, they would be:

The Call: Loved the double episode. I really liked how they based the story on a Superman: The Animated Series storyline. I liked Warhawk's character, as well. The music was classic. Just a great episode.

Rebirth: What can I say? I loved the premiere episode(s). It set up some great characters, to base a great series on. I could be bias, because I really like Blight.

If I had to chose a favorite though it would be Return of the Joker. Like others have said, it technically isn't an episode. Mark Hamill's performances as the Joker always leave me in awe. My favorite part is when he yells: "You're not BATMAN!!" Classic.