Batman Beyond Forums

The WB (ended 2001)

New episodes in the UK!

  • Avatar of theportal

    theportal

    [1]Sep 6, 2006
    • member since: 05/07/06
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 17,175
    Unbelievable, but true... The third season of Batman Beyond is finally in the UK! CN is now showing new eps on every night at 6.30pm; I turned on the TV tonight and saw that "King's Ransom" was on! UK fans will remember that the show stopped airing new eps in the UK all those years ago with "Ace in the Hole", which I believe was the second season finale. CN even advertised the eps as new! Looks like BB is following the trend of old DCAU shows being resurrected for never-before-seen-in-the-UK episodes, after TNBA and Static Shock.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of kenneth_velez

    kenneth_velez

    [2]Sep 7, 2006
    • member since: 07/10/05
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 2,290
    Enjoy the episodes. You tricked my I thought that theere was going to be a season four. oh well.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of theportal

    theportal

    [3]Sep 7, 2006
    • member since: 05/07/06
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 17,175
    Sorry about that. I was just caught up in sharing the news. "King's Ransom" was really cool; it's been 5 or more years since I saw "Once Burned", and I wondered what happened to the Royal Flush Gang after the events of that episode. I heard that "Betrayal" will be on tonight, and tomorrow I will finally get to see the supposedly legendary episode "Out of the Past".
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of swtt

    swtt

    [4]Sep 7, 2006
    • member since: 12/10/05
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 3,388
    kenneth_velez wrote:
    Enjoy the episodes. You tricked my I thought that theere was going to be a season four. oh well.


    Yeah! I kinda thought the same thing to.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of greengumballs

    greengumballs

    [5]Sep 7, 2006
    • member since: 10/11/05
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 535
    kenneth_velez wrote:
    Enjoy the episodes. You tricked my I thought that theere was going to be a season four. oh well.
    me too i was all jealous
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of theportal

    theportal

    [6]Sep 8, 2006
    • member since: 05/07/06
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 17,175
    I've finally seen "Betrayal" and... more importantly... "Out of the Past"! Both were good, but I have to say that "Out of the Past" is quite overrated; I probably wouldn't rank it as the best of the series. I was disappointed by the length of time spent on getting the story going, and then how quickly the twist and the finale played out. Oh, and Bruce never donned the Bat-suit, which I was hoping he would do as it would have been amazing if he and Terry had fought side by side in their costumes. I can't help wishing the story was in two parts; imagine how much better it would have been if that were the case! (While on this note, I'll also add that the B:TAS two-parter "The Demon's Quest" is also overrated, as I watched it again on DVD right before "Out of the Past". Both were very good, but not the best of their respective series').
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of kenneth_velez

    kenneth_velez

    [7]Sep 9, 2006
    • member since: 07/10/05
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 2,290
    I kind of agree with you... but we (fans ingeneral) love to see Team ups and past references. Story line tie-ins are something we have come to expect we way them more heavily because of the cheer nostalgia.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of theportal

    theportal

    [8]Sep 13, 2006
    • member since: 05/07/06
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 17,175
    ... Arrgh! CN UK have stopped showing them! Just like that! I kid you not... "Speak No Evil", "Inqueling" and "Unmasked" didn't air when they were supposed to... I'm VERY ticked off right now; they can't just air a weeks worth of new episodes and then randomly stop mid-season! It wasn't even mid-season! We only got "King's Ransom", "Betrayal" and "Out of the Past"! According to the online schedule, it'll be back by next month with all the eps up to "Countdown", but if that's the case, why are they messing us around? They haven't done anything like this before... If it doesn't come back within the next couple of weeks, the CN execs will get it in the neck from me, I assure you. Things are literally looking grim as they've replaced it in the line-up with "The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy".
    Edited on 09/13/2006 2:21pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of rabbit-man3333

    rabbit-man3333

    [9]Sep 21, 2006
    • member since: 04/27/06
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 522
    theportal wrote:
    I've finally seen "Betrayal" and... more importantly... "Out of the Past"! Both were good, but I have to say that "Out of the Past" is quite overrated; I probably wouldn't rank it as the best of the series. I was disappointed by the length of time spent on getting the story going, and then how quickly the twist and the finale played out. Oh, and Bruce never donned the Bat-suit, which I was hoping he would do as it would have been amazing if he and Terry had fought side by side in their costumes. I can't help wishing the story was in two parts; imagine how much better it would have been if that were the case! (While on this note, I'll also add that the B:TAS two-parter "The Demon's Quest" is also overrated, as I watched it again on DVD right before "Out of the Past". Both were very good, but not the best of their respective series').
    You know what else was overrated "Heart of Ice". That episode was just a basic foil the new gimmick criminal episode. Before I watched it again, I originally saw it when I was very young, I was convinced that it was far more than what it was, and it was a major let down when I watched it. I mean all they did was give Mr. Freeze a cryonically frozen girlfriend I was expecting more then that. But I really liked that Demon's quest episode, so maybe I'm just weird.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of tenn77

    tenn77

    [10]Oct 7, 2006
    • member since: 08/31/06
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 596
    rabbit-man3333 wrote:
    theportal wrote:
    I've finally seen "Betrayal" and... more importantly... "Out of the Past"! Both were good, but I have to say that "Out of the Past" is quite overrated; I probably wouldn't rank it as the best of the series. I was disappointed by the length of time spent on getting the story going, and then how quickly the twist and the finale played out. Oh, and Bruce never donned the Bat-suit, which I was hoping he would do as it would have been amazing if he and Terry had fought side by side in their costumes. I can't help wishing the story was in two parts; imagine how much better it would have been if that were the case! (While on this note, I'll also add that the B:TAS two-parter "The Demon's Quest" is also overrated, as I watched it again on DVD right before "Out of the Past". Both were very good, but not the best of their respective series').
    You know what else was overrated "Heart of Ice". That episode was just a basic foil the new gimmick criminal episode. Before I watched it again, I originally saw it when I was very young, I was convinced that it was far more than what it was, and it was a major let down when I watched it. I mean all they did was give Mr. Freeze a cryonically frozen girlfriend I was expecting more then that. But I really liked that Demon's quest episode, so maybe I'm just weird.
    how can you seen new epiodes of this show because it's over in the usa.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of theportal

    theportal

    [11]Oct 8, 2006
    • member since: 05/07/06
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 17,175

    If you read the previous posts in this thread, tenn77, you'd know. Just because it's finished in US doesn't mean it's over worldwide. We've only just got a handful of episodes that you saw years ago.

    BTW, I think I know why we stopped getting more new episodes after "Out of the Past". Maybe it was because Talias' condition in that episode is strongly suggestive of rape and transsexuals. Many would have complained, as I live in a country dominated by political correctness (damn it!). Just a thought.

    Edited on 10/08/2006 10:21am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of mhalky

    mhalky

    [12]Oct 9, 2006
    • member since: 10/10/06
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 1
    Hey do you know if they are going to keep releasing the seasons on DVD? I have seen that the Beyond series is just on hiatus but there are no plans on reviving it. But from what you guys are saying they are keeping it going in the UK. Any clues if they will be put on DVD?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of swtt

    swtt

    [13]Oct 9, 2006
    • member since: 12/10/05
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 3,388
    Yes they do have box sets the complete season just came out not to long a go the second one is coming out Oct.24,2006
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of gamerboy190

    gamerboy190

    [14]Nov 24, 2006
    • member since: 05/11/06
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 6,292
    I mean they can edit some stuff out from it, like they do in mangas. This was a good series that ended too soon.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.