Batman Beyond Forums

The WB (ended 2001)

Quick Question....

DiamondHead1830

[1]Nov 20, 2010
    • level: 16

Was Matt also Bruce's Son? For when Terry got older? I know the story with Terry, but I wasnt sure about matt. Matt and Terry also look a little alike is what got me to wonder. What do you think/know?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

bluecatcinema

[2]Nov 23, 2010
    • level: 61
    Warren's reproductive genes were overridden by Bruce's own, so very possibly.

DiamondHead1830

[3]Nov 24, 2010
    No one ever acknowledged it so I wasnt sure... And was Dick Grayson Nightwing at this time? Because there is a Nightwing costume in the future batcave...

r10tp00f

[4]Nov 25, 2010
    • level: 7

Yes, it is implied that Matt is also a genetic clone of Bruce. The nano solution injected into Warren McGinnis,presumably overwrote his reproduction material permanently. I base this on the fact that Matt, like Terry, has black hair, where as the two parents each had red hair. Though it was never dealt with directly, this does seem logical. There is a new Batman Beyond ongoing comic book series beginning in January. It is partially based off of the animated series. The revelations in Epilogue seem to hold true, (a mini series just ended). Cadmus was heavy into the cloning business. Perhaps the series will explore this dangling thread... or give hints at the very least. I'm hoping so!

seto1

[5]Nov 27, 2010
    r10tp00f wrote:

Yes, it is implied that Matt is also a genetic clone of Bruce. The nano solution injected into Warren McGinnis,presumably overwrote his reproduction material permanently. I base this on the fact that Matt, like Terry, has black hair, where as the two parents each had red hair. Though it was never dealt with directly, this does seem logical. There is a new Batman Beyond ongoing comic book series beginning in January. It is partially based off of the animated series. The revelations in Epilogue seem to hold true, (a mini series just ended). Cadmus was heavy into the cloning business. Perhaps the series will explore this dangling thread... or give hints at the very least. I'm hoping so!

Just one slight correction terry's mother also contributed genetic material so Terry and Matt couldnt me clones of Bruce they are as Amanda Waller said his sons.