Batman Beyond Forums

The WB (ended 2001)

Terrymcginnis vs D.grayson

RaizenYusuke

[21]Nov 21, 2005
    • level: 28
    Maybe Bruce didn't make it laser proof because he didn't want to get sloppy and relay to much on the suit.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Drilllbit666

[22]Nov 26, 2005
    • level: 3
    that theory i like. also, wouldn't making the suit laser/bulletproof make moving around a lot (not mention quietly) just a bit cumbersome? Bats must be nimble, Bats must be quick, Bats cannot be tied down if he wants to fight crime. The only I see that would improve the suit would be to make it Kevlar, like in the comics

Spoonagain

[23]Dec 26, 2005
    • level: 18
    Drilllbit666 wrote:
    Bats must be nimble, Bats must be quick

Bats must jump over the candle stick.

Sillicone

[24]Dec 28, 2005
    • level: 8
    sylent_asassin wrote:
    Grayson would destroy McGinnis. Now considering both of them are at their peak, Grayson would still have considerably more experience at fighting crime and his skills as an acrobat would give him a further leg up. Lastly, McGinnis was dependant on a suit for most of his crime fighting while Grayson only had his staff and make-shift weapons; no jet propulsion, super-vision or mechanics helping his cause.

I think that Dick Grayson would win too but I don't think he'd actually destroy Terry. I kinda see them sparring intensely but not actually trying to kill each other. Batman would never approve and Dick Grayson would look like a complete jerk. And a murderer.

JLUmember1

[25]Jan 9, 2006
    • level: 26
    -Ascent- wrote:
    Nah, since Superman can't deflect laser shots. But my point was that Bruce should have thought of that while creating the suit. But then when you think about it, Bruce never got shot(to my knowledge) so he wasn't worried about that. Also he created the suit for himself, and probably never even thought about someone succeding him. Also that would destroy the reason why Batman is popular, his vulnerable-ness, without it, he'd be another Superman. So that's why...uhh...I've lost myself... If you are still reading I applaud you! But if not, then you suck !

Bruce got shot in the BGK series opener.

borikua_rocks

[26]Jan 10, 2006
    • level: 12
    blightblast wrote:
    In Epilogue Terry was about the same age as Grayson is now. The big difference is Nightwing has already been on his own for some time now while Terry "looks" like he is still with Bruce in some way or another.
    I wish Terry would win but Grayson has more fighting experience and I just don't see Terry winning a fight against a gang of Jokerz without the suit while Grayson has arobatic qualities to win a fight.

Nightwing would win. Just becaus ehe has been on his own more. He's led his own team (Teen Titans) and has trained under Batman since he was a small child. Terry began later, wasnt as disciplined as Dick. I do have to disagree on him still "with" bruce. Yes they are together, but I believe Terry is looking out for Bruce more than Bruce looks out for Terry.

Supermeng

[27]Jan 11, 2006
    • level: 15
    I still think Terry takes this one. That suit is too powerful. Don't forget that he's been trained by Batman too. Nightwing may have the experience but they were both trained by the same man. They learned the same tricks. Each has obviously developed his own style and while Dick Grayson would whip Terry without breaking a sweat if it was a straight fight with no suit and/or utility belts, that's not what we're talking about here.

We're talking about Terry at his prime with the Batman Beyond suit versus Dick at his prime with whatever Nightwing uses (sorry, I'm not familiar). That suit enhances his strength, speed, visual ability (making it harder for Nightwing to use stealth), grants him flight, etc. Terry could just turn on the invisibility and walk right up to Nightwing.

I'd love to see something like this animated. It'd be a sight to see for sure.

JusticeLeaguer

[28]Jan 11, 2006
    • level: 61
    Supermeng wrote:
    I still think Terry takes this one. Don't forget that he's been trained by Batman too. Nightwing may have the experience but they were both trained by the same man. They learned the same tricks.

I agree with you. And plus old Batman has probably learned some new tricks, that he did teach terry, that he learned after Nightwing.

suss3it

[29]Feb 16, 2006
    • level: 9
    [QUOTE"Supermeng"Terry could just turn on the invisibility and walk right up to Nightwing.
    QUOTE]
    Actually i think dick might hear him, because in rotj tim heard terry when is was invisable.
    Edited on 03/09/2006 8:16pm

Supermeng

[30]Feb 17, 2006
    suss3it wrote:
    Actually i think dick might hear him, because in rotj tim heard terry when is was invisable.

You're right, that's a good point. I forgot about that scene from ROTJ. Still, the invisibility is a great advantage. If Terry were able to somehow generate a lot of noise or if they were fighting in a very noisy area, the minimal amount of noise that he made while sneaking around in invisible mode wouldn't really be detectable.

Either way, it still puts Nightwing at a HUGE disadvantage if he can only hear Terry when he's right on top of him.

SupermanNYC

[31]Feb 18, 2006
    • level: 45
    Darknight57 wrote:
    Dick Grayson would win , Bruce tought him how to fight , Bruce diddn't teach Terry to fight , he just gave him a suit to use
    I wll agree with you on some of this, Yes I think Dick Gayson would win this fight, but however, Terry does have Bruce DNA , so this one would be a hard one, but I think Dick would come out the winner.
    Edited on 02/22/2006 2:42pm

edmorita

[32]Feb 20, 2006
    • level: 22
    How do we know that Bruce didn't make Terry a high tech Nightwing suit? Granted Dick would be the same age as Barbara, but ya never know

Supermeng

[33]Feb 22, 2006
    edmorita wrote:
    How do we know that Bruce didn't make Terry a high tech Nightwing suit? Granted Dick would be the same age as Barbara, but ya never know

Well, we really don't have any evidence to support this theory. We can only assume he didn't make him another suit because Dick was apparently on his own completely when he left and became Nightwing. Anything could have happened, I guess but we really can't say.

SupermanNYC

[34]Feb 22, 2006
    • level: 45
    Supermeng wrote:
    edmorita wrote:

Well, we really don't have any evidence to support this theory. We can only assume he didn't make him another suit because Dick was apparently on his own completely when he left and became Nightwing. Anything could have happened, I guess but we really can't say.
    And all this is so true too, Dick was on his own , so we really can't say.

opmop

[35]Mar 26, 2006
    • level: 2
    I think all you guys pretty much counted terry out way to quickly. in several episodes you do see him fight off jokers without the help of his suit. also in a couple episodes you do see bruce training him in the cave. everyone just says grayson would win cause he has more experience fighting and that may be true but for all the people saying terry is only good cause of his suit. There was even the one where terry had to fight his own suit that was possesed by that computer thing. so there.

Supermeng

[36]Mar 28, 2006
    opmop wrote:
    I think all you guys pretty much counted terry out way to quickly. in several episodes you do see him fight off jokers without the help of his suit. also in a couple episodes you do see bruce training him in the cave. everyone just says grayson would win cause he has more experience fighting and that may be true but for all the people saying terry is only good cause of his suit. There was even the one where terry had to fight his own suit that was possesed by that computer thing. so there.

Good point, but I think that if it came down to a fight between Terry and Dick (just a streetfight, no bat-technology of any kind), Terry would get his ass kicked. Terry may be able to fight off some Jokerz, but I'm sure Dick could do the same pretty easily also.

opmop

[37]Mar 30, 2006
    Dick would probibly win. I guess im just a terry fan. rooting for the underdog, hes still alright.

BatmanNYC

[38]Apr 6, 2006
    • level: 4
    Grayso all the way, he's just to smart for him.

kenneth_velez

[39]Apr 10, 2006
    When we saw Dick on Batman the animated series he was in his early 20s and when we first see Terry he is still 16. And while he(terry) has vastly improved by the time he turns 17 and fights The Joker he is still learning. Dick was 12.5 when he started training. I mean if you got Bruce, Terry and Dick ate the age of 17 with, by means of time travel sure then Dick would when cause he has had alot more time to train while while Bruce was just beigning his training as was and Terry while skilled is nowhere near the level of Richard.

Supermeng

[40]Apr 11, 2006
    You have to rememeber also that Terry was quite a good fighter before he ever met Batman. He grew up in a bad part of Gotham and probably had to fight all the time. He fought an entire gang of Jokerz without any training at all. Now eventually, they would have gotten him if he hadn't run into Bruce and gotten help, but the fact that he was good enough not to get killed instantly says that he has a kind of fighter's instinct already that he didn't need the formal training from Bruce to get (unlike, I'm guessing, Dick).