Batman Beyond Forums

The WB (ended 2001)

Zeta

-batmat-

[1]Apr 5, 2008
    • level: 22

How did exactly Zeta changed from this:

To this?:

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

AxStarr

[2]Apr 7, 2008
    • level: 15
    Good question. Artistic Licensing would be my guess

-batmat-

[3]Apr 8, 2008
    Anyone?

theportal

[4]Apr 9, 2008
    • level: 26
    You need to watch The Zeta Project to find out, I think.

-batmat-

[5]Apr 9, 2008

theportal wrote:

.........No thanks

AxStarr

[6]Apr 10, 2008
    theportal wrote:

I saw The Zeta Project...I don't remember them explaining it, although it has been a while

Kokomadeta

[7]Apr 13, 2008
    • level: 2
    I'd say that question is answered in the Zeta Project. Plus, you never know, he does shape-shift.

MajLorne

[8]Apr 13, 2008
    • level: 21
    Built itself a new head I guess to look more 'human' than robot. I like the 2nd version better though.

-batmat-

[9]Apr 14, 2008

MajLorne wrote:
    Built itself a new head I guess to look more 'human' than robot. I like the 2nd version better though.

I don't the first one was more creepy

AxStarr

[10]Apr 16, 2008
    Kokomadeta wrote:
    I'd say that question is answered in the Zeta Project. Plus, you never know, he does shape-shift.

I can't remember it being answered in The Zeta Project (although I haven't seen it in years)

But I do remember that Zeta doesn't truly shapeshift. It projects a hologram over itself to look like whoever/whatever it is pretending to be

MajLorne

[11]Apr 16, 2008
    • level: 21
    His 'shoulders' do shift up or down sometimes to match the height or width of the person he imitates [then again that was in his first appearance in Batman Beyond]. But you are right about the hologram projection thing.

theportal

[12]Apr 18, 2008
    • level: 26
    If it helps, the original, less advanced Zeta robots appear in JL and JLU. My jaw dropped when they appeared during the kick-ass "Secret Society part 2" fight scene.

Jigeron_Flow

[13]Jun 15, 2008
    • level: 2

Just an unexplained revamp for the sake of the series. Hard to sympathize with the main character if he doesnt have human features...like a face lol

btw, awsome episode. Zeta kicked his butt.

Hoeech

[14]Jun 28, 2008
    • level: 66
    Why was Harvey Dent played by an african american in the 1989 movie? Why ask why? Too much weirdness and inconsistancies and not enough explanations.

-batmat-

[15]Jun 29, 2008

Hoeech wrote:
    Why was Harvey Dent played by an african american in the 1989 movie? Why ask why? Too much weirdness and inconsistancies and not enough explanations.

Well, Billy Williams (I think that's his name) didn't played Two-Face, Tommy lee Jones did, the twoface character is more important,so it doesn't really matter who played him. And from Batman 89 to Batman & Robin (4 movies) 3 BATMANS! so It woudn't be a problem to have 2 Harveys.

And remember this is the same show we're talking about! What if in BTAS, Batman appears in 1 episode from nothing with the JL suit?

soundmonkey44

[16]Jun 30, 2008
    • level: 6
    He had the robitic equvlant to plastic surgery, the same kind that messed up megs face in the transformers movie! LOL

Hoeech

[17]Jul 6, 2008
    -batmat- wrote:

Hoeech wrote:

Well, Billy Williams (I think that's his name) didn't played Two-Face, Tommy lee Jones did, the twoface character is more important,so it doesn't really matter who played him. And from Batman 89 to Batman & Robin (4 movies) 3 BATMANS! so It woudn't be a problem to have 2 Harveys.

And remember this is the same show we're talking about! What if in BTAS, Batman appears in 1 episode from nothing with the JL suit?

The actor's name is Billy Dee Williams. My point is that, regardless of whether or not he had become Two-Face or not, Harvey Dent is caucasian, not African American. Of the three Batmans you mentioned, were any of them Asian or Latino? No. Why? Because Batman isn't Asian or Latino...and Harvey Dent is not African American. Can you imagine the uproar if they had cast Sienna Miller to play Storm in the first X-Men movie?

sporkman5353

[18]Jul 9, 2008
    • level: 18
    Hoeech wrote:
    -batmat- wrote:

Hoeech wrote:

The actor's name is Billy Dee Williams. My point is that, regardless of whether or not he had become Two-Face or not, Harvey Dent is caucasian, not African American. Of the three Batmans you mentioned, were any of them Asian or Latino? No. Why? Because Batman isn't Asian or Latino...and Harvey Dent is not African American. Can you imagine the uproar if they had cast Sienna Miller to play Storm in the first X-Men movie?

There wasnt really an uproar when Kingpin was played by an african american in Daredevil.

Skin color doesnt matter i think. If Twoface was played by an African American in Forever, i wouldnt have a problem with that. Anyway, theres practically no reason that connects the first 2 films to the third and fourth. Actors and directorschanged, and little references to the other two were made.

Hoeech

[19]Jul 9, 2008
    sporkman5353 wrote:
    Hoeech wrote:
    -batmat- wrote:

Hoeech wrote:

There wasnt really an uproar when Kingpin was played by an african american in Daredevil.

Skin color doesnt matter i think. If Twoface was played by an African American in Forever, i wouldnt have a problem with that. Anyway, theres practically no reason that connects the first 2 films to the third and fourth. Actors and directorschanged, and little references to the other two were made.

Given the social realities of modern America, no one in their right mind would dare make a complaint about a caucassian character being played by an African American. Do you really think the reverse would hold true? For Example, if Spike Lee had cast Dustin Hoffman (a brilliant and Oscar winning actor) to play Malcolm X, what do you think the public reaction would be?

Granted, the example I just gave is an extreme one since we started this ping-pong match talking about comic books on the big screen, but it hammers my point home in very unsubtle ways. It reflects the reverse double-standard that exists in television and films to compensate for the intense racist attitudes of the past.

sporkman5353

[20]Jul 10, 2008
    • level: 18
    Hoeech wrote:
    sporkman5353 wrote:
    Hoeech wrote:
    -batmat- wrote:

Hoeech wrote:

Given the social realities of modern America, no one in their right mind would dare make a complaint about a caucassian character being played by an African American. Do you really think the reverse would hold true? For Example, if Spike Lee had cast Dustin Hoffman (a brilliant and Oscar winning actor) to play Malcolm X, what do you think the public reaction would be?

Granted, the example I just gave is an extreme one since we started this ping-pong match talking about comic books on the big screen, but it hammers my point home in very unsubtle ways. It reflects the reverse double-standard that exists in television and films to compensate for the intense racist attitudes of the past.

Well, superheros are fiction, so its an entirely different situation