Batman Beyond

Splicers

Aired Saturday 9:00 AM Sep 18, 1999 on The WB

• spilicing i will try that

I never give Batman Beyond episode and this is not it. It is a great episodes but not as good as the BTAS epsiodes. But let me focus on this episode great fighting sequences and plot, it was also amazing how terry the teenager communicates with gruff old Bruce the episodes is in the top 5 of great Batman Beyond episodes with twist and turns through out and how Ice-T voicing a character i noticed and was surprised and found it great. The episode has flaws like in the other episodes but nothing extra in this episode. The ending was great where terry explains even the smallest rewards are the greatest. But the question is what happened to the master splicer? That is it gotta fly.
  • Great episdoe Great Concept Splicing

I never give Batman Beyond episode and this is not it. It is a great episodes but not as good as the BTAS epsidoes. But let me focus on this episode great fighting sequences and plot, it was also amzing how terry the teen ager commuicates with gruff old bruce the episodes is in the top 5 of great Batman Beyond episodes with twist and turns through out and how Ice-T voicing a character i noticed and was suprised and found it great. The episode has flaws like in the other episodes but nothing extra in this episode. The ending was great where terry explains even the smallest rewards are the greatest. But the question is what happened to the master splicer?That is it and this is the Vamp Review Adios!
  • Batman meets doctor merieux

7.6
    The latest fad in gotham is teenagers getting genetic modification.Having animal genes inserted into thier dna for asthetic and practical reasons.
    For once in this kinda show there little to no squeamish soapbox stuff about playing god.
    The characters are more concerned with the increased levels of agression some kids exhibit after the procedure.
    When batsy go snooping around chimera institute at night
    he is beaten by several augments and injected with a bat gene serum.He escapes back the batcave were a shocked bruce reverses the process.

Once fully human again the batman returns to chimera to shut them dowm
    Permanently
    Unfortunatly doctor psycho has taken some of his own medicine and is a very tough customer

Terry becomes a bat
    this gained a suprising amount of sympathy from me a he hides in a corner of the batcave desperate and terrified until bruce finds him.
    Asks a lot of questions under the surface
    about whether or not if we have the capability to do something we should always do it.
    like genetic modification.
    THankfully it doesnt ram its creator opinions down our collective throat unlike star trek

good bat action
  • n/a

the episode wasnt as good as it could have been. everthing seemed rushed: the plot, the cure, the character designs, the dialogue, etc. but it had a nice delivery and the lighting(getting technical here) helped the mood and tone of the episode. this is already a dark show and this episode took it up a notch. that's one of the few good things this episode had going for it. still better than most.