Batman Gotham Knights

Beware the Creeper

Aired Unknown Nov 07, 1998 on The WB

• Finally the DCAU introduce the creeper!!!

I first discovered the creeper in an old batman annual my dad bought me at a car bootsale when i was about nine and ever since then i've been a huge fan of his character. I could not have thought of a better way to introduce his character into the television medium than this episode did. Granted they did change his origin... a lot, but i still loved the way they portrayed him. Gotham knights has always had a lighter tone than the animated series that preceeded it and that certainly shows through in this episode, there were actually moments when i laughed out loud. Some of the creepers lines were hilarious and his characters deffinately a lot funnier than the joker has been since he was first introduced into the series about ten years ago. Both batman and robins one liners were fantastic given the situations they were being exposed to and while batman spent most of the time getting his head kicked in, i was ok with it simply because you didn't care given the way the creeper stole the show. His insanity was a lot funnier than the jokers because in his own strange way he's trying to do the right thing and he did enough butt kicking to make up for the fact that batman was below par in most of the fight scenes he was in. This is deffinately a gotham knights classic, an iconic event immortalised by the dcau.
  • Jack Ryder was at the wrong place at the wrong time doing a report on the Joker. And Joker gets his revenge by throwing Ryder in a chemical acid where he once turn into the Joker. Jack Ryder soon became a wacky Character known as the Creeper! It's worth W

It was so sad when Bob Kane pass away and they started the Episode to the Memory of him. It really hit me cause I didn't know he pass away. Anyway this was a great Episode of the Creeper. I just love it when he had a major crush on Harley Quinn who hated him! It's up to Batman and Robin to stop him before he cause anymore trouble. This episode was well written, Wish Creeper could've had more Episode. This is one of my favorite episode of the Series.