Batman Gotham Knights

Beware the Creeper

Aired Unknown Nov 07, 1998 on The WB

• Finally the DCAU introduce the creeper!!!

I first discovered the creeper in an old batman annual my dad bought me at a car bootsale when i was about nine and ever since then i've been a huge fan of his character. I could not have thought of a better way to introduce his character into the television medium than this episode did. Granted they did change his origin... a lot, but i still loved the way they portrayed him. Gotham knights has always had a lighter tone than the animated series that preceeded it and that certainly shows through in this episode, there were actually moments when i laughed out loud. Some of the creepers lines were hilarious and his characters deffinately a lot funnier than the joker has been since he was first introduced into the series about ten years ago. Both batman and robins one liners were fantastic given the situations they were being exposed to and while batman spent most of the time getting his head kicked in, i was ok with it simply because you didn't care given the way the creeper stole the show. His insanity was a lot funnier than the jokers because in his own strange way he's trying to do the right thing and he did enough butt kicking to make up for the fact that batman was below par in most of the fight scenes he was in. This is deffinately a gotham knights classic, an iconic event immortalised by the dcau.