Batman Gotham Knights

The WB (ended 1999)

Gislef

Batman Gotham Knights Fan Reviews (40)

• Good stuff, but not better than Batman The Animated Series.

I really loved this series. Unfortunately, it is not better than the original Batman the Animated Series. There is one thing that I must complain about in this series, Batman seemed weak. It seemed as if Batman, in most episodes, could not handle his enemies and had to depend on Robin, Nightwing, or Batgirl. In Batman The Animated Series Batman did everything on his own except on a few occasions. I remember there was atleast two episodes in the animated series where if it were not for Robin, batman would have been defeated. In Gotham Knights, Batman was saved bunches of times by his sidekicks. Anyway, besides Batman looking a bit weak, everything else was alright. I really liked the animation. I am not saying that the character designs were better than the ones in the original animated series becuase they weren't, but everything looked very nice. The series still captured the dark shadowy city of Gotham and Batman very well. There was one character design that was better than the original and that was Scarecrow. Scarecrow looked awesome in this series. The Joker and the Mad Hatter looked hidious though. The storytelling was still good in this series. It wasn't as good as the original animted series but they were alright. So overall it was a cool series that is definitely worth watching if you are a Batman fan but do not expect too much.