Batman: The Animated Series

Fear of Victory

Aired Saturday 9:00 AM Sep 29, 1992 on FOX

• Scary

The Scarecrow is back and we also get a decent Robin episode. Robin and his football buddies are acting strangely during their games. It's how the Scarecrow is raising money through gambling. It's up to Bats and Robin to stop him,overcome their fears and save the athletes.
  • The Only thing to fear is Scarecrow himself

This episode was pretty good. I felt that it ended a bit odd and anti-dramatic but it was still really cool. I loved Scarecrow's new look and he was actually creepy in this episode. This is one of the episodes I remember the most from my childhood. It creeped me out. Even now it creeps me out and I feel the fear that the characters feel when they are effected by the fear inducing drug. I loved the animation and Scarecrow's plot in this episode. And just like in every other episode from this series, the music is phenomenal and really affects what's going on on screen.

• A great Scarecrow episode, definitley lives up to his first appearance

Once again we are treated to a great Scarecrow episode, the Scarecrow once again has an ingeneous plan, but this time instead of Batman being the one who has been infected by his fear gas, Robin is. The show starts off with us witnising sport stars who are normaly great trembling with fear in the middle of their games. We eventualy learn that The Scarecrow is doing this , so that he knows which team will win and he can bet on them. The scheme was interesting, but what makes the episode even better was the sub plot of Robin becoming afraid of everything, from swinging on Bat grapples ,to walking across cave bridges. It was an exellent thing to add into the episode, especialy the end seeing Robin having to confront his fears. Another thing you will notice about The Scarecrow in this episode as soon as you see him, is that his visual has changed dramaticly since "Nothing to Fear" he looks a little scarier with straw hair and creepy yellow eyes. Also it was nice to see some of Batman's rouges gallery in the "walk through Arkham" scene .
  • Wow, This episode was soooo cool!!! It scared the Sh*t out of me when I first wathed it as a kid.

I think that this episode REALLY displays just how terrifying the Scarecrow can be. The Scarecrow is a genius, using his fear chemicals to win gambling bets, Batman and Robin got a run for their money too trying to take him down (Especially Robin) Even though the Scarecrow was eventually beaten I don't think Batman and Robin will take him lightly ever again!!! This is one of my favourite episodes I recomend that all Batman fans watch it!!!