Batman: The Animated Series

Fear of Victory

Aired Saturday 9:00 AM Sep 29, 1992 on FOX

• A great Scarecrow episode, definitley lives up to his first appearance

Once again we are treated to a great Scarecrow episode, the Scarecrow once again has an ingeneous plan, but this time instead of Batman being the one who has been infected by his fear gas, Robin is. The show starts off with us witnising sport stars who are normaly great trembling with fear in the middle of their games. We eventualy learn that The Scarecrow is doing this , so that he knows which team will win and he can bet on them. The scheme was interesting, but what makes the episode even better was the sub plot of Robin becoming afraid of everything, from swinging on Bat grapples ,to walking across cave bridges. It was an exellent thing to add into the episode, especialy the end seeing Robin having to confront his fears. Another thing you will notice about The Scarecrow in this episode as soon as you see him, is that his visual has changed dramaticly since "Nothing to Fear" he looks a little scarier with straw hair and creepy yellow eyes. Also it was nice to see some of Batman's rouges gallery in the "walk through Arkham" scene .