Arrow

DarthFreeza

[1]May 17, 2012
    • level: 23

If anybody might be interested but hasn't heard yet, CW will be airing a new series next fall called "Arrow".
    By the looks of things (though still in early production), "Arrow" will be comparable to "Smallville" in premise. Definately sounds worth checking out!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jwgrlrrajn

[2]May 20, 2012
    If it has anything to do with Green Arrow, I'm in. I have a horrible super-hero addiction, and as long as the writers don't have the main characters making stupid decisions on a regular basis (I'm looking at you, Smallville writers), this could be just the thing I need next year.

RaizenYusuke

[3]Jun 14, 2012
    • level: 28
    Smallville made me sick of Green Arrow. It is a new actor, but the same people I may not check it out.

jwgrlrrajn

[4]Jun 15, 2012
    Well, on the bright side, he's at least free to be his own character, whereas in Smallville, he was essentially a watered-down Batman.

RaizenYusuke

[5]Jun 16, 2012

Green Arrow started off as a Batman rip off. Can't blame Smallville for that lol. It made sense that they used GA as a Batman replacement when they could not use the real Batman due to not obtaining the rights to the character.

Edited on 06/16/2012 1:18pm

sporkman5353

[6]Nov 8, 2012
    • level: 18

RaizenYusuke wrote:

Green Arrow started off as a Batman rip off. Can't blame Smallville for that lol. It made sense that they used GA as a Batman replacement when they could not use the real Batman due to not obtaining the rights to the character.

Yeah, Arrow the show has a definite Batman wannabe vibe to it. It's pretty good still and i liked him in smallville too (only part about smallville i liked during the middle seasons)

jwgrlrrajn

[7]Nov 9, 2012
    I think the show is okay so far. Not amazing, but it probably just needs some more time to find its feet. At any rate, it's a good watch.

RaizenYusuke

[8]Nov 17, 2012
    I found it enjoyable, but it is obviously ripping off elements of Batman in an attempt to make it darker. It is average though, nothing special for me.

DarthFreeza

[9]Mar 21, 2013

Average sounds about right. There's a lot of typical CW drama on the show but there's also a lot that makes up for it.

Anyone been keeping up with the New 52 around here? I'm curious what you all think of the reboot.

RaizenYusuke

[10]Mar 24, 2013
    I haven't been buying comics or graphic novels in a while. They get expensive after a while, but that's what wikipedia is for until I get the money to buy some graphic novels lol. I heard new 52 is doing well, despite the criticism and dislike of a some fans.

DarthFreeza

[11]May 2, 2013
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    I haven't been buying comics or graphic novels in a while. They get expensive after a while, but that's what wikipedia is for until I get the money to buy some graphic novels lol. I heard new 52 is doing well, despite the criticism and dislike of a some fans.
    Expensive indeed. I've been keeping up with a few series. All of them have been pretty great though. I just wish they were less money so that I could afford to buy more lol.