Batman TAS V.S. Superman TAS

DarthFreeza

[1]Feb 10, 2008
    • level: 23
    I see this same thread. On the Superman TAS thread and have thought that Superman TAS seems to have been coming out on top because it was on the Superman Forums. But seeing how The Batman TAS forums are seeming un-active for the past 2 days, I'm questioning whether or not I'm one of the only few who thinks Batman TAS is better than Superman Tas
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

sporkman5353

[2]Feb 10, 2008
    • level: 18

DarthFreeza wrote:
    I see this same thread. On the Superman TAS thread and have thought that Superman TAS seems to have been coming out on top because it was on the Superman Forums. But seeing how The Batman TAS forums are seeming un-active for the past 2 days, I'm questioning whether or not I'm one of the only few who thinks Batman TAS is better than Superman Tas

The last 2 days have been average days before the games started (Speaking of which, we need a new one here)

But BTAS is better

macabre190788

[3]Feb 11, 2008
    • level: 26
    Agree, Batman TAS is better. But Superman TAS is also awesome. I love both shows.

DarthFreeza

[4]Feb 11, 2008
    macabre190788 wrote:
    Agree, Batman TAS is better. But Superman TAS is also awesome. I love both shows.
    I wish that they'd bring back TAS =[

theportal

[5]Feb 11, 2008
    Batman:TAS is my favourite show, hands down! But Superman:TAS is a very good show in its own right, with some awesome episodes!

DarthFreeza

[6]Feb 11, 2008
    theportal wrote:
    Batman:TAS is my favourite show, hands down! But Superman:TAS is a very good show in its own right, with some awesome episodes!
    I'm not saying anything against Superman but this thread has been on Superman TAS forums for sometime now and most of the posters there said Superman TAS. I don't like comparing the 2, or even having them cross paths. I believe that each hero needs to stay in his own circle of partners/sidekicks (which is why I'm against Justice League). All in all, not many people of the Superman TAS thread were saying that Batman TAS was good in its own, most were just saying "Superman TAS is better!" As an experiment, I wanted to see if the reasoning which Superman TAS was winning was merely because it was on the Superman Forums. Apparently I was semi-right.

theportal

[7]Feb 11, 2008
    DarthFreeza wrote:
    theportal wrote:
    I'm not saying anything against Superman but this thread has been on Superman TAS forums for sometime now and most of the posters there said Superman TAS. I don't like comparing the 2, or even having them cross paths. I believe that each hero needs to stay in his own circle of partners/sidekicks (which is why I'm against Justice League). All in all, not many people of the Superman TAS thread were saying that Batman TAS was good in its own, most were just saying "Superman TAS is better!" As an experiment, I wanted to see if the reasoning which Superman TAS was winning was merely because it was on the Superman Forums. Apparently I was semi-right.

Justice League is even better than Superman:TAS, Batman Beyond, Teen Titans and The Batman IMO.

DarthFreeza

[8]Feb 11, 2008
    theportal wrote:
    DarthFreeza wrote:
    theportal wrote:

Justice League is even better than Superman:TAS, Batman Beyond, Teen Titans and The Batman IMO.
    Lol. I'm not talking about the Justice League show. The show had excelent stories and great writing. I just don't like the idea of so many heroes working togther all at once. Every hero was meant to work separately from others. I noticed you left Batman TAS out of ur "Justice League is better than..." speech btw.

theportal

[9]Feb 12, 2008

DarthFreeza wrote:
    theportal wrote:
    DarthFreeza wrote:
    theportal wrote:
    Lol. I'm not talking about the Justice League show. The show had excelent stories and great writing. I just don't like the idea of so many heroes working togther all at once. Every hero was meant to work separately from others. I noticed you left Batman TAS out of ur "Justice League is better than..." speech btw.

Yeah, deliberately. I don't need to tell you AGAIN that B:TAS is my favourite show, do I? BTW, I've recently converted a handful of friends to B:TAS.

Some JL(U) episodes ("Secret Society", "Starcrossed", "The Return", "Double Date" etc.) are actually better than the majority of B:TAS episodes.

Edited on 02/12/2008 7:35am

DarthFreeza

[10]Feb 12, 2008
    theportal wrote:

DarthFreeza wrote:
    theportal wrote:
    DarthFreeza wrote:
    theportal wrote:

Yeah, deliberately. I don't need to tell you AGAIN that B:TAS is my favourite show, do I? BTW, I've recently converted a handful of friends to B:TAS.

Some JL(U) episodes ("Secret Society", "Starcrossed", "The Return", "Double Date" etc.) are actually better than the majority of B:TAS episodes.

Yes, u do need to tell me its your favorite again. I love hearing people say that. "Batman TAS is better than..." Music to my ears. All of my friend already either like TAS or have their minds set against it. I always say, the more ppl who are open to the idea of Batmjan, the sooner another series will sprout =]

FamilyGuyFan507

[11]Feb 12, 2008
    • level: 6
    Superman is okay but it doesn't support the good drama that of BTAS does.

HomerPyle

[12]Feb 16, 2008
    • level: 7
    S:TAS > B:TAS/TNBA > JL(U) > BB

Honestly, B:TAS is one of the most inconsistent series ever. S:TAS is a triumph on every front.

DarthFreeza

[13]Feb 17, 2008
    HomerPyle wrote:
    S:TAS > B:TAS/TNBA > JL(U) > BB

Honestly, B:TAS is one of the most inconsistent series ever. S:TAS is a triumph on every front.
    Inconsistant? If your talkign episode wize than that is what makes it great. It shows the adventures of the Dark Knight and his Triumphs of his Rogues. Don't get me wrong, Superman TAS is a great show but lacks the Drama and mystery of Batman TAS.

theportal

[14]Feb 17, 2008
    HomerPyle wrote:
    S:TAS > B:TAS/TNBA > JL(U) > BB Honestly, B:TAS is one of the most inconsistent series ever. S:TAS is a triumph on every front.
    You're starting to remind me of Overrated17. S:TAS - the best DCAU show? The entire first season is bland compared to B:TAS, though in hindsight the first season is OK and good for its sense of momentum and progression in small storylines. Starting with season 2, S:TAS was even more inconsistent than B:TAS. I'd rather have a show where there's one outstanding episode for every three episodes on average (B:TAS) over one that has one outstanding episode for every seven episodes on average (S:TAS).
    Edited on 02/17/2008 4:20am

HomerPyle

[15]Feb 17, 2008
    Sorry, but out of all of B:TAS' 85 episode run, it only had about twenty or so truly great episodes. S:TAS had only 54 episodes and pulled off a greater number of amazing episodes. And seriously, half of B:TAS was absolute garbage. S:TAS only had ten or so bad episodes. Honestly, go to B:TAS vol. 1. From 'On Leather Wings', it took about ten or so more episodes until it reached another good episode ('Two-Face'). Hardly the 'every three episode' streak you seem to be talking about.

DarthFreeza

[16]Feb 18, 2008
    HomerPyle wrote:
    Sorry, but out of all of B:TAS' 85 episode run, it only had about twenty or so truly great episodes. S:TAS had only 54 episodes and pulled off a greater number of amazing episodes. And seriously, half of B:TAS was absolute garbage. S:TAS only had ten or so bad episodes. Honestly, go to B:TAS vol. 1. From 'On Leather Wings', it took about ten or so more episodes until it reached another good episode ('Two-Face'). Hardly the 'every three episode' streak you seem to be talking about.
    In my and several other's opinions, Batman TAS had barely any bad episodes. Some aybe started out or ended a bit slow but just about every episode had great moments and very interesting plots. To me, Superman TAS was one of those, I'll watch it when I have a chance shows where as Batman TAS was a can't miss show. Superman TAS had its great moments and great episodes but I feel that Batman TAS had alot more.

theportal

[17]Feb 18, 2008
    HomerPyle wrote:

Damn... OK, I agree about the first 10 episodes; you're spot on about that. But there are at least 30 episodes of B:TAS that have a spark S:TAS never had. Then again, I guess it's apples and oranges, really. The strength of Superman was in the great "golden age" type feel some episodes pulled off wonderfully, like the outstanding "In Brightest Day...". The other crossovers were also very strong. The Brainiac episodes were consistently great, but never brilliant. I saw "Twilight" first out of all the DCAU Darkseid stories, so I was really unimpressed with "Apokolips... Now!" and "Legacy". What else is there really to talk about in S:TAS? "The Late Mr. Kent"? Good episode, but predictable story. Still fairly good though. "Mxyzpixilated"? I didn't think it was that funny for some reason. "Identity Crisis" was awesome though. Anyway, the rest of S:TAS was 'meh' to me. I like the show, don't get me wrong, but I think it's the worst of the core 5 DCAU shows.

B:TAS had "On Leather Wings", "Two-Face parts 1 and 2", "Heart of Ice", "Feat of Clay part 2", "Joker's Favor", "Fear of Victory", "Mad as a Hatter", "Perchance to Dream", "Robin's Reckoning part 1", "The Laughing Fish", "Joker's Wild", "Almost Got 'Im", "Birds of a Feather", "What Is Reality?", "The Man Who Killed Batman", "Mudslide", "Harley and Ivy", "Shadow of the Bat part 1", "His Silicon Soul", "Read My Lips" etc. and that's not even going into TAOBAR or TNBA. All the episodes I just listed are classics, even if not all of them are outstanding.

gamerboy190

[18]Feb 18, 2008
    • level: 18
    theportal wrote:
    HomerPyle wrote:

Damn... OK, I agree about the first 10 episodes; you're spot on about that. But there are at least 30 episodes of B:TAS that have a spark S:TAS never had. Then again, I guess it's apples and oranges, really. The strength of Superman was in the great "golden age" type feel some episodes pulled off wonderfully, like the outstanding "In Brightest Day...". The other crossovers were also very strong. The Brainiac episodes were consistently great, but never brilliant. I saw "Twilight" first out of all the DCAU Darkseid stories, so I was really unimpressed with "Apokolips... Now!" and "Legacy". What else is there really to talk about in S:TAS? "The Late Mr. Kent"? Good episode, but predictable story. Still fairly good though. "Mxyzpixilated"? I didn't think it was that funny for some reason. "Identity Crisis" was awesome though. Anyway, the rest of S:TAS was 'meh' to me. I like the show, don't get me wrong, but I think it's the worst of the core 5 DCAU shows.

B:TAS had "On Leather Wings", "Two-Face parts 1 and 2", "Heart of Ice", "Feat of Clay part 2", "Joker's Favor", "Fear of Victory", "Mad as a Hatter", "Perchance to Dream", "Robin's Reckoning part 1", "The Laughing Fish", "Joker's Wild", "Almost Got 'Im", "Birds of a Feather", "What Is Reality?", "The Man Who Killed Batman", "Mudslide", "Harley and Ivy", "Shadow of the Bat part 1", "His Silicon Soul", "Read My Lips" etc. and that's not even going into TAOBAR or TNBA. All the episodes I just listed are classics, even if not all of them are outstanding.

Being an unbiased Batman fan, I concur with this. But you have to admit, S:TAS had some great episodes especially the Luthor episodes.

HomerPyle

[19]Feb 18, 2008
    B:TAS

Great
    On Leather Wings Heart Of Ice
    Feat Of Clay Part 2
    Two-Face Part 1 Two-Face Part 2 Mad As A Hatter Perchance To Dream Beware The Gray Ghost Almost Got 'Im The Laughing Fish The Man Who Killed Batman Robin's Reckoning Pt. 1
    Read My Lips
    Mudslide Harlequinade
    Second Chance
    Harley's Holiday
    A Bullet For Bullock

Good
    It's Never Too Late Joker's Favor The Clock King Fear Of Victory Vendetta Heart Of Steel Pt. 1 Heart Of Steel Pt. 2 Joker's Wild His Silicon Soul
    Harley and Ivy
    Robin's Reckoning Pt. 2 See No Evil The Demon's Quest Pt. 1
    The Demon's Quest Pt. 2
    Fire From Olympus
    House and Garden
    Bane
    Riddler's Reform
    Baby Doll
    Batgirl Returns
    Deep Freeze
    Showdown
    Catwalk

Average
    The Cat And The Claw Pt. 1 Feat Of Clay Part 1
    Pretty Poison Appointment In Crime Alley The Cape & Cowl Conspiracy Night Of The Ninja The Strange Secret Of Bruce Wayne Tyger, Tyger Dreams In Darkness Terror In The Sky If You're So Smart, Why Aren't You Rich?
    Off Balance What Is Reality? Zatanna Birds Of A Feather Blind As A Bat
    Day Of The Samurai Shadow Of The Bat Pt.1
    Shadow Of The Bat Pt. 2
    The Worry Men
    Paging The Crime Doctor Sideshow
    Trial
    Time Out Of Joint
    Make 'Em Laugh
    Lock-Up
    The Lion And The Unicorn

Awful
    The Cat And The Claw Pt. 2 Nothing To Fear Be A Clown P.O.V. The Last Laugh Eternal Youth I've Got Batman In My Basement Prophecy Of Doom The Forgotten The Underdwellers Cat Scratch Fever I Am The Night Moon Of The Wolf Christmas With The Joker The Mechanic The Terrible Trio

S:TAS

Great
    The Last Son of Krypton Pt. 3
    Fun and Games
    The Way of all Flesh
    My Girl
    Speed Demons
    Action Figures
    Brave New Metropolis
    Ghost In The Machine
    World's Finest Pt. 1
    World's Finest Pt. 2
    World's Finest Pt. 3
    The Late Mr. Kent
    Apokolips...Now! Pt. 1
    Apokolips...Now! Pt. 2

Good
    The Last Son of Krypton Pt. 1 The Last Son of Krypton Pt. 2
    A Little Piece of Home
    Stolen Memories
    The Main Man Part 1
    The Main Man Part 2
    Tools of the Trade
    Two's A Crowd
    The Prometheon
    Identity Crisis
    Target
    Mxyzpixilated
    Double Dose
    Solar Power
    Hand of Fate
    Bizarro's World
    Where There's Smoke
    Knight Time
    New Kids In Town
    Obsession
    In Brightest Day

Average
    Feeding Time
    Blast from the Past Pt. 1
    Blast from the Past Pt. 2
    Livewire
    Father's Day
    Prototype
    Little Girl Lost Part 1
    Little Girl Lost Part 2
    Little Big Head Man
    Absolute Power
    A Fish Story
    Unity

Awful
    Monkey Fun
    Heavy Metal
    Warrior Queen
    Superman's Pal

Here's my official breakdown. And for the record, I hardly see how 'The Late Mr. Kent' is any more predictable than even the best B:TAS episodes.

HomerPyle

[20]Feb 18, 2008
    And because I forgot:

Great
    Legacy Pt. 2 Good
    Legacy Pt. 1

Average
    The Demon Reborn

Sorry about the mushed up lists; that wasn't me, probably just occurred to make my post more concise.

Anyway, the official percentiles:

B:TAS
    Great Episodes: 21%
    Good Episodes: 28%
    Average Episodes: 32%
    Awful Episodes: 19%

Very inconsistent. Average/Awful episodes barely make up the majority 51%:49%

S:TAS
    Great Episodes: 28%
    Good Episodes: 41%
    Average Episodes: 22%
    Awful Episodes: 9%

Much much much more consistent.